BOSTON marathon bombing verdict

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
reading verdicts now, so far guilty all counts charge 1 and 2,,, charge 2 is eligible for death penalty... ongoing

update charges 1-8 (so far) guilty

22 more to go...

edit:
charges 9-14 guilty

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Millions wasted on what any reasonable human being could have concluded. Hell even his lawyer was saying he was guilty...please just don't kill the boy.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah I'm really curious why they wouldn't accept a guilty plea in exchange for taking the death penalty off the table, unless the kid really wanted to be as much of a pain in the ass as he could.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
i know i know...

this is all about not dying.

if he plead "guilty" then there was pretty much ONLY the death penalty...

now it is:

Death or life in prison until he dies.

up through charge 19 guilty...

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I'm really curious why they wouldn't accept a guilty plea in exchange for taking the death penalty off the table, unless the kid really wanted to be as much of a pain in the ass as he could.
That's a good assumption right? He wants to be a martyr, so let him.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
honestly, i don't think it was even offered. i haven't followed closely.

now comes sentencing phase. which will take another few weeks...

if it was me, guilty, time to die. life in prison = terrorist dream oppurtunity ...kidnap servicemen, demand his release in exchange...if he is dead, not gonna happen.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I'm almost positive it wasn't considering the whole purpose of the defense in this trial was to avoid the death penalty.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Imo death penalty, why waste who knows how many dollars giving the guy a place to live and be healthy.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
There was a crowd around the TVs at work today. I hope he gets life just so he can get fucked in the ass.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Death Penalties are typically more expensive than life sentences although this particular high-profile one might be fast tracked and be cheaper.
Exactly. This is why I thought they might offer him a plea for life without possibility of parole just to save the trouble of a trial and all the legal wrangling that goes on in the years leading up to an execution.

He won't live in jail long enough to be executed, imo
You're on drugs if you think they'll drop this dude in gen pop.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Exactly. This is why I thought they might offer him a plea for life without possibility of parole just to save the trouble of a trial and all the legal wrangling that goes on in the years leading up to an execution.
If that was the case the death penalty wouldn't exist because they'd do that for every criminal with the death penalty on the table.

Also, the death penalty shouldn't exist.