Boston Marathon Explosion - Today's Topics: Public Schools

Kaio

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I hope CNN gets shit about being wrong.... These guys are white caucasians from a Russian province even if they are muslim extremists.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
As far as the media is concerned it is great / funny that all the props are going out to Boston PD and almost no reference to FBI HRT.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
I hope CNN gets shit about being wrong.... These guys are white caucasians from a Russian province even if they are muslim extremists.
I think most if not all of the news networks got stuff wrong concerning this event

Long live social media and the internet

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
If this kid lives he's going to have the trial of the decade. I guess it's not likely that he will plead not guilty but can you imagine trying to select a jury for this?

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
So basically his bro was dropping mario kart bombs from the stolen car in rl when one accidently went off on his chest?

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
someone must create a t-shirt:
"everything i know about white hat's manhunt,i learned from RR" XD

Neki

Molten Core Raider
37139643.jpg

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
This feels like a turning point for crowd media sources, especially compared to traditional sources. Hopefully news agencies have to adapt or die in the coming months and years. I wonder if there is going to be any issues with scanners as a result of this. Or maybe police are going to utilize technology that prevents eaves-dropping, if such technology exists.

I know if I were the FBI, I would set up official media dump sites where people can post pictures related to disasters or situations as they unfold. Or establish policy with existing sites in order to get the latest information. Or maybe utilize advanced visual search engines to comb through databases to find relevant images. Maybe they already do, I dunno.

I think as media capturing devices not only become more numerous, but the amount of "uptime" for data collection is increased; every person walking around is going to become a digital witness.

The next step beyond that is when people are no longer just dumping information, but receiving live alerts and updates based on their location. So each time a suspect recognition triggers in some search program, his position gets updated. It would be like gps tracking based entirely on image captures.

Anyways, Glad I logged in tonight and started listening to the scanner stream. That was an incredible experience.

Fuse

Silver Knight of the Realm
So my boat escape prediction on page 58...kinda right?
Well, except for the escape part.

On my way into work (glad the raid ended on time!) NPR had someone on who interviewed roomates of black hats 'long time girlfriend'.

Apparently he was a controlling, maniuplative ass who would 'fly into fits of rage' and was charged with domsestic assault.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I predicted a Friday raid with blackhat dead and white hat rustled. I also go to school at umass Dartmouth and people on here kept saying I was the bomber. Not sure what te hell is going on here.