Boston Marathon Explosion - Today's Topics: Public Schools

Ko Dokomo_sl

shitlord
My money is on gas main explosion. The explosion occurred an hour after the first runners finish? Low fatalities? If this is terrorism, it's pretty incompotent.

Edit: Hmmm, this factoid makes me doubt the theory though

The marathon was being run in honor of the victims of the Newtown massacre. Some families were apparently watching from near the finish line:

Caliane

Fox News saying 3 dead
Probably going to rise.

If this only killed 3 people it will be a miracle.
https://vine.co/v/bFdt5uwg6JZ

that said, I have to admit, that does look like gas to me. Im not sure what kind of portable bomb burns white smoke, seems to be entirely shockwave, not shrapnel, etc.

Wouldnt a gas line be pretty obvious too? hole in the ground, sewer cover open?

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I'd have to agree, more likely to be a gas line or old boiler blowing up than terrorism. But I don't know wtf I'm talking about.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
My money is on gas main explosion. The explosion occurred an hour after the first runners finish? Low fatalities? If this is terrorism, it's pretty incompotent.
Seems like a pretty crazy coincidence that it'd be at the finish line of the Boston Marathon, on the actual day of the event.

khalid

Unelected Mod
It was done by the NRA to get all the conspiracy theorists all in an uproar that this is a false-flag operation by Obama to take guns.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Its two explosions which went off back to back and apparently it was a ball bearing style bomb so its definitely an attack of some sort. Who the hell knows who caused it at this point.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So much for the gas main theory. There is a good chance whoever did this may have been caught on camera with all the media in that area out in force, but we will see.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
0sToPrl.png

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
I'd ask if anyone knows if Keg is OK but we all know he's too fat to be anywhere near a marathon

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
It was done by the NRA to get all the conspiracy theorists all in an uproar that this is a false-flag operation by Obama to take guns.
Michael Ditto @janus303

Oh jeez, AP reporter on TV says Newtown families were in the VIP section right by the explosion. No injury reports, she's locked down w/ one
7:29 PM - 15 Apr 13

Obama set it up. This is Reichstag Fire 2.0

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Goddamnit. I was really hoping for a gas line sort of deal. If this was some sort of terrorist bullshit, even domestic, we're going to get all kinds of reactionary bullshit laws enacted, just like Sandy Hook.

Magimaster

Trakanon Raider
Just can't figure out who could have been behind it, probably too soon to really know. Haven't had any real big 'ooga booga terrurists gonna terror us' stories recently, so if it was international terrorists then it was likely a long time plan. Otherwise your looking at domestic terrorism, which opens up a whole can of worms no one wants to touch.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I actually am working in Hopkinton where the marathon started.. this is kind of nuts. I have a feeling the ride home may not be pleasant.

Knew some people in the marathon and our work (EMC) has a huge team running it. Hope everyone is ok.