Boston Marathon Explosion - Today's Topics: Public Schools

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Just can't figure out who could have been behind it, probably too soon to really know. Haven't had any real big 'ooga booga terrurists gonna terror us' stories recently, so if it was international terrorists then it was likely a long time plan. Otherwise your looking at domestic terrorism, which opens up a whole can of worms no one wants to touch.
I'm putting my money on right wing militia nutjobs. Doesn't seem like the right profile for radical middle eastern types.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
The police are still finding secondary devices, from what I'm hearing. This is definitely not a gas main.

Magimaster

Trakanon Raider
Could be, a high profile style would have been to explode it as the first runners get there, for maximum impact. Exploding it later, as it seems to have happened now, would either have been a timer screw up or intentional to catch a much larger group of people (more runners coming in, plus all personnel around helping and interviewing the front runners).

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I'm putting my money on right wing militia nutjobs. Doesn't seem like the right profile for radical middle eastern types.
Buddy of mine on FB is guessing white supremacists, what with the increased activity and shootings in TX lately.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I read that news article and thought "Yeah their running like hell, it's a marathon" :-(

Lousy to do this at a public event no matter who did it. It does seem really small scale though.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Boston Globe is also reporting that the police are finding ball bearings littered around

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
This is what im sadly hoping for, I dont want another patriot act because the brown man is out to get us.

If its just a white guy its just dem video games/rap music/movies.

Any connection with it being last day for taxes?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm supposed to do the walk for hunger in a couple weeks in Boston.. been doing it for 15 years. I have a feeling we won't be doing it this year.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
It is awful it happened, but lots cops, EMT-types and even various military types were all within 100 yards.

Some mention of a third "controlled" explosion going off just a few minutes ago (right before 4pm EST), perhaps Law Enforcement detonating suspicious stuff.

Numbers_sl

shitlord
I'm supposed to do the walk for hunger in a couple weeks in Boston.. been doing it for 15 years. I have a feeling we won't be doing it this year.
What are the odds of the same thing happening again? It's like going to a restaurant that just reopened after having been closed down by the health department. It has to be as clean as it ever will be if you go then.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
News people who have been looking at IEDs blow up overseas the past decade have been saying this looks a lot like one.

Also the design seems similar: One primary explosion, then a delayed secondary explosion to catch the first responders.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Going to predict that the person is white, male, and lost an incredible amount of money in the last few days from the physical gold and silver he bought at the highs.

Needless

Toe Sucker
It is also the birthday of Kim Il Sung, lets stop speculating with zero evidence.
Aw shit. Take off the tin foil hats, its time for WW3
frown.png

This sucks man.. This world makes me shake my head far too often.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
Going to predict that the person is white, male, and lost an incredible amount of money in the last few days from the physical gold and silver he bought at the highs.
Anyone check the geographical location of the IP from merlin's posts last night?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
What are the odds of the same thing happening again? It's like going to a restaurant that just reopened after having been closed down by the health department. It has to be as clean as it ever will be if you go then.
I meant more from the perspective that the city may shut it down.