Boston Marathon Explosion - Today's Topics: Public Schools

Gorestabb

Bronze Knight of the Realm
what do you call white people that shoot and kill other white people?
Wiggers?
biggrin.png

if you haven't read Patton Oswalt's viral comment yet -

"This is a giant planet and we're lucky to live on it but there are prices and penalties incurred for the daily miracle of existence. One of them is, every once in awhile, the wiring of a tiny sliver of the species gets snarled and they're pointed towards darkness, but the vast majority stands against that darkness and, like white blood cells attacking a virus, they dilute and weaken and eventually wash away the evil doers and, more importantly, the damage they wreak. This is beyond religion or creed or nation. We would not be here if humanity were inherently evil. We'd have eaten ourselves alive long ago. So when you spot violence, or bigotry, or intolerance or fear or just garden-variety misogyny, hatred or ignorance, just look it in the eye and think, 'The good outnumber you, and we always will.' "

I have to disagree with Mr. Oswalt here though -"We would not be here if humanity were inherently evil. We'd have eaten ourselves alive long ago."

A.) Until we were atomic we did not have the ability to endanger our own species
B.) I think Humans are inherently evil, IF you define evil as by taking each other's lives. We're really good at that, and always have been.

Ya keep the victims and their families in your thoughts by denying who the real perpetrators are. Go kill yourself please you waste of fucking life.
Lumie, even if let's say you're right and this truly was a conspiracy (devised by whomever) - Pretty sure a few thousand nutjobs like yourself hashing it out on the internet aren't going to get to the bottom of it.

Can we get real here?

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
I have to disagree with Mr. Oswalt here though -"We would not be here if humanity were inherently evil. We'd have eaten ourselves alive long ago."

A.) Until we were atomic we did not have the ability to endanger our own species
B.) I think Humans are inherently evil, IF you define evil as by taking each other's lives. We're really good at that, and always have been.
Nothing "inherent" about humans taking human lives. It's either a genetic defect (something wrong in the brain) or it's learned behavior. That applies to gang members, soldiers, the 1%, and anybody else who takes human lives for any reason (except, of course, self defense,but if you have to kill someone to save yourself, they already fall into one the aforementioned categories).

malaki_sl

shitlord
There were no unexploded devices, just the two. (update from this morning)
Can you cite this? I am seeing that there were two unexploded devices in addition to the two exploded ones, but the wording is kinda unclear. I take it to mean that there were two devices found, no others.

"Two and only two explosive devices were found yesterday," said Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick at a news conference Tuesday morning. "All other parcels in the area of the blast have been examined, but there are no other unexploded bombs found."

The explosives were contained in 6-liter pressure cookers and hidden in black duffel bags on the ground, a person briefed on the investigation told the Associated Press on Tuesday. One of the explosives contained shards of metal and ball bearings, and another contained nails, the person said.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...231807060.html

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They detonated a bunch of other suspected devices but none of them turned out to be bombs.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Honestly, only Foraskin and now Melrin have made my ignore list.

Also, the human race is not inherently evil. It takes things like Greed and Envy to make the human animal into something capable of killing its own. There are other animals that engage in territorial and mating disputes that are lethal, but not on the scale we do and very few are herbivores.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Evil is purely a man made construct. Nothing is inherently evil, and nothing is inherently good. "Evil" that we do, happens in the animal kingdom all the time, they call it that a tuesday. That's how everyone survived for thousands of years before we became sophisticated enough to have the leisure time to sit around and pontificate on abstract concepts like good and evil.

If herbivores had the means to kill each other, they would, but its hard to kick or chew someone to death.