Boston Marathon Explosion - Today's Topics: Public Schools

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It'd be foolish to comment on this as it unfolds (Though I'm sure hundreds of reporters are doing exactly that) but I can't help but think that person is only in custody because he's Arabic. And frankly if I was arabic and people thought I was involved I might want to be under guard anyway.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
It'd be foolish to comment on this as it unfolds (Though I'm sure hundreds of reporters are doing exactly that) but I can't help but think that person is only in custody because he's Arabic. And frankly if I was arabic and people thought I was involved I might want to be under guard anyway.
I was pretty much thinking the same thing.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
nypost seems to be full of shit, always cross-check your information before you give it any weight.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This has got tea party patriot written all over it. Those racist ass Boston cops probably just grabbed the first middle eastern non citizen they could find.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As far as I've been reading, the NY Post is the only news source reporting as many as 12 dead and that they have someone in custody and his supposed nationality.

AP, Reuters, Boston Globe... no one is picking that up and reporting it.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
AP is reporting that cell service has been shut down in Boston in case bombs are being remotely detonated via cell phone

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Who wants to take conspiracy duty?
Fine
I guess the idea would be TSA on the ground acceptance

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operati..._of_tension.22
2000 Parliamentary report: a "strategy of tension"

Nato has these stay behind groups that are supposed to become partisans incase the soviets win, inserted into NATO countries, the problem is they've been accused from time to time of using their "terrorist" skills on the population to drive them into the arms of government for whatever reason, and have been convicted of such in some courts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strategy_of_tension

The strategy of tension (Italian: strategia della tensione) is a tactic that aims to divide, manipulate, and control public opinion using fear, propaganda, disinformation, psychological warfare, agents provocateurs, and false flag terrorist actions.[1]

The theory began with allegations that the United States government and the Greek military junta of 1967?1974 supported far-right terrorist groups in Italy and Turkey, where communism was growing in popularity, to spread panic among the population who would in turn demand stronger and more dictatorial governments.
---
The claims are backed by judicial proof which establish that European fascist dictatorships of the time (the Greek junta and the secret services of Francisco Franco) were heavily involved in supporting and arming Italian neo-fascist and neo-nazi groups such as Ordine Nuovo and Avanguardia Nazionale.[citation needed] For instance, Avanguardia Nazionale hitman Pierluigi Concutelli used an Ingram MAC-10 SMG to assassinate magistrate Vittorio Occorsio in the 1970s. It has been proven that Avanguardia Nazionale secured the weapon from the CIA via Franchist Spain.
----

who knows it's all speculation at this point.

Jovec

?
I wish some station would grow a pair of balls and just report facts without some of this inane commentary and speculation from rambling desk reporters. It's sad when a thread like this gives you more direct information.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So if true, can we just shove some bombs indiscriminately up their ass and ask how it feels?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I wish some station would grow a pair of balls and just report facts without some of this inane commentary and speculation from rambling desk reporters. It's sad when a thread like this gives you more direct information.
For events like this when everyone is looking for as much information as possible in a short amount of time, I always trust threads here more than most sources. People are quick to debunk false reporting here.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
For events like this when everyone is looking for as much information as possible in a short amount of time, I always trust threads here more than most sources. People are quick to debunk false reporting here.
I always trust these threads (partially since I know everyone here and can measure their information based on my knowledge of them), but reddit is a good source also:

http://www.reddit.com/r/news/comment...at_the_boston/

Jovec

?
I didn't mean it to sound like I didn't appreciate the posters, but shit like the Fox news guy just indirectly referencing 911 with "what is most surprising is that those who would do us harm have not done such a thing since. And the thinking was that might be just because they didn't want to." If he didn't need to babble on maybe shit like that wouldn't be said with no supporting info.