Boxing

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Certainly not doubting Wilder's punching power, it's up there, but you also have to look at the competition. Boxing of yesteryear was quite a bit better when you had the quintessential American athlete still fighting. Shavers, Foreman, Tyson, maybe Marciano. He's up there though, who really knows where.

Talk of pure human brutality, power, and chin. Jesus. This is gladiator stuff.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Joshua wins the rematch, in a very methodical easy fight. Definitely looked quite a bit slimmer than the past and bounced around much more. Not pretty, but much cleaner.

Sterling

El Presidente
Joshua wins the rematch, in a very methodical easy fight. Definitely looked quite a bit slimmer than the past and bounced around much more. Not pretty, but much cleaner.
I mean most people kind of felt like the first fight was kind of a fluke so this probably wasn't a surprising result.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I mean most people kind of felt like the first fight was kind of a fluke so this probably wasn't a surprising result.

Yeah, this stuff happens. Not surprised by this at all. Chris Mannix with SI & DAZN is saying that he has heard a "possible reason" as to why AJ looked so poorly in the first fight, but didn't elaborate because Joshua didn't want it shared at this time.. Idk, could just be excuses, but have read some different things. "He was really sick, had some viral infection leading into the fight" or "He converted to Islam and was fasting for Ramadan". Not important either way.

Last edited:

Tilluin

Molten Core Raider
It’s actually not the case from what I’ve seen, watched and read. Most people in boxing believed Ruiz had Joshua’s number and Joshua had been found out.

Ruiz went from being mocked before the first fight to lauded as one of the most dangerous heavyweights around - by the same experts and commentators.

I was very impressed by Joshua’s disciplined, effective style. Resisting his urge to go for the KO to prove people wrong. We’ve now got Wilder with insane power, Fury with unmatched technical ability and Joshua with a blend of the two. If we ever see the three fight each other it will be very interesting.

It saddens me we will likely never see Joshua Vs Wilder as their respective management teams just can’t do business. Each team blaming the other, each team claiming to want the fight. It doesn’t make sense that Wilder would get 50% of the purse as Joshua generates far more of it but for whatever reason we’ll be denied that fight.

Hopefully Fury beats Wilder and Joshua survives against Usyk (probably after Pulev) and we get Joshua Vs Fury and Whyte gets to batter Wilder for no belt 😂

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
It’s actually not the case from what I’ve seen, watched and read. Most people in boxing believed Ruiz had Joshua’s number and Joshua had been found out.

Ruiz went from being mocked before the first fight to lauded as one of the most dangerous heavyweights around - by the same experts and commentators.

I was very impressed by Joshua’s disciplined, effective style. Resisting his urge to go for the KO to prove people wrong. We’ve now got Wilder with insane power, Fury with unmatched technical ability and Joshua with a blend of the two. If we ever see the three fight each other it will be very interesting.

It saddens me we will likely never see Joshua Vs Wilder as their respective management teams just can’t do business. Each team blaming the other, each team claiming to want the fight. It doesn’t make sense that Wilder would get 50% of the purse as Joshua generates far more of it but for whatever reason we’ll be denied that fight.

Hopefully Fury beats Wilder and Joshua survives against Usyk (probably after Pulev) and we get Joshua Vs Fury and Whyte gets to batter Wilder for no belt 😂

I think a lot of pundits actually thought that. Can't say I did. Ruiz is a solid fighter, but he's one of those guys you have to box. Dude has a big chin and a very solid (and fat) center of gravity. But styles make fights, and that first fight was just poor on Joshua's part. When shorter guys come in to him, he has issues defensively. Even with Parker & Povetkin there were times he was getting caught with overhand rights and what not. Oddly enough think he does better against bigger men. Less susceptible to them getting inside his chest etc. He doesn't react quick enough when in cover up.

Usyk has been made the mandatory, would love to see that fight next. Very obviously could see the Pulev fight next, with a payoff and stipulation to Usyk for later next year.

Brad

Trakanon Raider
I'm going against the grain here. I was far from impressed with Joshua's fight with Ruiz. He could not knock Ruiz out and also apparently still got hurt.

How is his tatic going to work with Wilder???? He is not fat and just dancing around won't work. How is he going to do that with Tyson????? Tyson's reach will reach him before he gets into reach which is a disadvantage.

He could not really hurt Ruiz or Parker, so wont be able to really do that with WIlder or Tyson.....

Imo, Joshua will be more of a gatekeeper for Wilder and Tyson in the next four years.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Ruiz is just a stout, iron chinned guy. He might never be knocked out.

Only way Joshua beats Fury is if he goes ape shit and tries to knock him out. Joshua could definitely outbox Wilder... If he doesn't get caught, which is a massive if. I definitely have it 1. Fury 2. Wilder 3. Joshua. Joshua is plenty talented enough to win against those guys, but I'd probably lean towards him being the underdog in both.

Tilluin

Molten Core Raider
I'm going against the grain here. I was far from impressed with Joshua's fight with Ruiz. He could not knock Ruiz out and also apparently still got hurt.

How is his tatic going to work with Wilder???? He is not fat and just dancing around won't work. How is he going to do that with Tyson????? Tyson's reach will reach him before he gets into reach which is a disadvantage.

He could not really hurt Ruiz or Parker, so wont be able to really do that with WIlder or Tyson.....

Imo, Joshua will be more of a gatekeeper for Wilder and Tyson in the next four years.

I would guess he wouldn’t use the same tactics against Wilder. He trained this style for the rematch with Ruiz. I’d back Joshua to hurt Wilder and he could definitely knock him out but against Wilder he’s always 1 Punch away from being KO. I’m not a fan of that position - losing every round but then being able to land one punch to win, but it is boxing and a KO is a KO.

I’d likely back Fury to beat everyone. He raises his game for the opposition.

Brad

Trakanon Raider
Yes, I'm aware that he can change tatics, just not impressed in general is all.

Agree on Fury being the one to beat atm.

Sterling

El Presidente
Ruiz is tough but he's nothing special otherwise. I wasn't trying to suggest Joshua is some combination of Ali, Tyson and Holyfield or something, just that he's better than Ruiz and most people agreed going into their first fight. Fury is probably the best all around of the group people are talking about here, at least until WIlder can learn some technical skills.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
There gets to be a point where you shouldn't be talking mad shit on someone.

It's like all these fools trying to shit talk Jon Jones. There aren't many people who are on a level where they don't sound stupid talking shit.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole

I'm a big Joshua hater, and I honestly didn't think he was capable of fighting that disciplined of a fight. So I was actually impressed. I think Fury and Wilder still beat him, but his performance in the second Ruiz fight (despite Ruiz being a lazy fat fucking slob) proved to me that he actually has a chance - whereas before I gave him almost none at all.

I think Ruiz can be an elite fighter (atleast by today's HW standards) at times, he's just proven he doesn't have the willpower or discipline to maintain it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I've cooled so much on combat sports. I will always love boxing, but the promoters just constantly shoot themselves in the foot all the time. Shit the UFC still does at times, and they are under one banner.

It's a shame because this fight is worthy of even the great 90s heavyweight fights. Leaning Fury as generally the better and more skilled technical fighter wins rematches.

Sterling

El Presidente
Was hearing some stuff about Fury having some injuries during training. Wasn't serious enough to cancel/delay so not sure how much of a thing it actually is.

Brad

Trakanon Raider
Was hearing some stuff about Fury having some injuries during training. Wasn't serious enough to cancel/delay so not sure how much of a thing it actually is.

Well, if Fury loses, he cannot use his injury as an excuse......