Boxing

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Spence vs. Porter Jr. right now. Solid fight, solid way to spend a late Saturday night.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
115-112, 115-112, 114-113 in favor of Golovkin over Dereyvechenko tonight. Tons of people saying it was a "robbery", which it wasn't. GGG won that fight, but it was a really good fight. Just because an opponent does "better than expected" doesn't mean they automatically win the fight. People are also forgetting GGG is 6-7 years out of his prime going on 38. Canelo will be next, if, IF Canelo can get past Kovalev. That is an insanely dangerous fight, regardless of how much of a drunk Kovalev is now.

Last edited:

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
eh, it was close. I thought it was a draw, but not mad. That flash knockdown in the first was the difference. I do know i do not want to see GGG and Canelo again. GGG look fucking slow and beat up. He got hurt by body punches a few times in that fight. It happens, we get old.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I still think GGG and Canelo is a very close fight. GGG has been old for a few years now, and Canelo isn't the come forward swarmer Dereyvenchenko is. That being said, I am cool if they go their separate ways... That 3rd fight will happen though, assuming Canelo doesn't get annihilated by Kovalev or something. Way too much money I'd imagine.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
I still think GGG and Canelo is a very close fight. GGG has been old for a few years now, and Canelo isn't the come forward swarmer Dereyvenchenko is. That being said, I am cool if they go their separate ways... That 3rd fight will happen though, assuming Canelo doesn't get annihilated by Kovalev or something. Way too much money I'd imagine.
for GGG and DAZN yes, for Canelo, no, he's on that contract. There wont be much of a difference for him.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Stomach dropped this morning when I saw this. Dude is very lucky to be alive, and on top of that it sounds as if he was ejected and has only really suffered "broken teeth".... Gotta be smarter kid. I have met him before and was a super chill dude. Hope he recovers fully.

for GGG and DAZN yes, for Canelo, no, he's on that contract. There wont be much of a difference for him.

This is true, forgot Canelo & GGG were both on contracts. That being said, DAZN executives will certainly push this. GGG could still benefit, he actually owns stake in DAZN as a part of his deal.

Last edited:

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
If bored there is an absolutely fantastic LHW fight right now on ESPN. Realistically probably between two of the three (other being Bitol) best in the division - Beterbiev & Gvozdyk.

Both really good amateurs. Beterbiev had tons of hype, a borderline unkillable Russian with some skills. Injuries have slowed him, but he might be one of the best boxers on the planet. Very young Golovkin-esque.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
This Ortiz-Wilder II fight is historically boring. Just, really bad. Polar opposite of the 1st.

edit: And Wilder can be awful for 7 rounds and do that. Fuck just a very short right hand.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Wilder did say the Fury rematch will happen in February, so there is that. Thank God.

Deontay Wilder Tier 7 Paladin

Last edited:

Origin

Molten Core Raider
I don't give a fuck what anyone says, but Wilder is a beast. IMO he is and has been the best heavyweight in a while.

Depending on what Joshua does vs Ruiz in the second fight, we need to see Wilder, Fury, Joshua and Ruiz (if he successfully defends, which i doubt he will) all fight in the next couple years, while they're all in their prime.

Hopefully the stars align and that happens.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Wilder is a beast, that right hand is lethal when it connects. I just wish he wouldn’t spend the whole fight looking for that one knockout blow. I’m not a fan of Fury’s antics, but in shape he’d beat Wilder and he arguably outboxed him in their last match.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
The fact he got knocked down...how many times? Twice? Was it three? and still got back up, was one of the most impressive aspects of that fight for me. Yeah, Wilder has a cannon for an arm, but Tyson...damn, man.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Tyson Fury is the best heavyweight alive, and I think he will prove that come February 22nd. Fury, Wilder, Joshua (assuming Joshua doesn't shit the bed in this rematch).

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
From Jack slack

This man makes nonsense out of all fighting science. He did it again, but I kind of love it.

"But there has never really been a boxer like Deontay Wilder—he might rank among the strangest fighters in history. He towers over most of his opponents but where Anthony Joshua buffed up and Tyson Fury cannot help but come in heavy, Wilder often chooses to come into fights just over the cruiserweight limit. He stands almost completely side on and half-assedly jabs for rounds at a time, giving away points on the cards and waiting for the moment that he can drop his right hand. When he actually has opponents hurt he cannot help but sprint in, windmilling like he is on a local tough man show. He hits the body maybe twice a fight. He is willing to let his opponent throw and land punches at a higher rate than him just to time them with the one good shot. And frankly, there is no shot quite like it. From Louis to Marciano to Tyson, there might never have been a heavyweight champion with the one punch finishing power that Wilder has."

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Earnie Shavers was probably more of an overall better power puncher, as well as Tyson and Foreman, as these guys went to the body and could knock you out with either hand.

But Wilder has some kind of strange muscle twitch explosion, where he can use that awkward stance in order to get more leverage and distance to impact (massive cock back), which delivers shocking results.

Look at how the sweat literally erupts off of Ortiz' head when he is hit by the right hand. It was like he was struck by a fucking bat. His face when he was on the ground looked like his soul left him momentarily.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user