Boxing

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Fury all the way, better boxer, longer reach and like 50lb advantage, plus he is a bald white guy with a spare tire so he makes me feel better about myself. Only way wilder is winning is with a lucky haymaker.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Delly

Trakanon Raider
A draw what a joke. Fury wins 10 rounds and loses with two 8-10 rounds. How does that math work?

Glad I fucking hate boxing. Shit sucks.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Knew if it wasn't a knockout they'd call it a draw... damn Fury is quick for a man that size. Wilder is a puncher, not a boxer.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Szlia

It's difficult to take boxing seriously when it feels like the accountants are filling the score cards...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Shano

Golden Knight of the Realm
Bullshit judging aside, it was a great fight. Wilder has some serious power good lord. I can't believe Fury got up in that last round, he looked completely out. Outside of the couple knock downs though, Fury had his number all night long. This gave me a good laugh however..

Origin

Molten Core Raider
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I am DONE with boxing!!! I am never watching another boxing match in my life, i swear to fucking God!!!

Sterling

El Presidente
I don't think it was nearly as lopsided as some of you guys do apparently, but the fact that one judge had it 115-111 Wilder and another had it 114-112 Fury is a 3 round difference which is a lot at this level.

Origin

Molten Core Raider
It's not that it was particularly lopsided, it could have gone either way.

Fury wins on points, despite the 2 knockdowns. He won at least 8 of the rounds. It's either 114:112 or 115:111.

On the other side, the 12th round knockdown could have been a 10 count and a win for Wilder. That shit was violent.

Either call it off after the second knockdown or call it on points for Fury. They wanted a rematch and they made sure they got it. That's bullshit.

• 1Like

Szlia

If, like me, you were wondering how the scoring system works exactly, HowStuffWorks by way of Google says this:
In a 10-point system, the boxer who wins a round is given 10 points, and the other boxer gets nine points. If there was a knockdown in the round, or one boxer utterly dominated the round, the score may be 10-8. If a judge can't decide who won the round, it is scored 10-10.
So, to get 115-111 in favor of Wilder, you need to give him 10-8 for the two rounds with knockdowns, which leaves 95-95 for the other 10 rounds and that can only be reasonably reached by giving 5 rounds to one and 5 to the other.... How does one find five rounds that Wilder won in those 10? I am not sure.

114-112 for Fury could be 98-92 in the 10 rounds without knockdowns, which can mean 8 rounds for Fury and 2 for Wilder (8x10 + 2x9 = 98, 8x9 + 2x10 = 92).

Looking for the score given by the 3rd judge, I found the actual scorecard for the match:

To add some fun, they got the 2nd judge's score wrong on the card :p

EDIT: By the way, if the score of each round was decided by majority, the final result would be 114-112 Wilder. I am surprised all 3 judges give Wilder the first round though...

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
yea this is some bullshit, a draw lulz. yea a KD is a 10-8 round. But the fucking move of the night isn't some winging right Wilder was throwing. naw it was fucking Fury being summoned by gypsy demons after that 12rnd KD.

• 1Like

Szlia

On a side note, it felt to me that the round 9 knockdown was more of a trip than anything else. But maybe I have not seen a good angle for it.

• 1Solidarity

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
On a side note, it felt to me that the round 9 knockdown was more of a trip than anything else. But maybe I have not seen a good angle for it.
They showed an angle where wilder definitely connected with the back of his head but if that took him down or he was already going from tripping is hard to say.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I don't think it was nearly as lopsided as some of you guys do apparently, but the fact that one judge had it 115-111 Wilder and another had it 114-112 Fury is a 3 round difference which is a lot at this level.

It's at the point where we've seen too many of these big fights end like this. Un-ashamedly ruining a sport and insulting intelligence for the sake of short term financial gain.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
yea this is some bullshit, a draw lulz. yea a KD is a 10-8 round. But the fucking move of the night isn't some winging right Wilder was throwing. naw it was fucking Fury being summoned by gypsy demons after that 12rnd KD.

Not the best angle. If you watch it live theres another slo-mo angle that shows him being knocked out essentially then appearing to be woken up by falling down.