Boxing

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
On a side note, it felt to me that the round 9 knockdown was more of a trip than anything else. But maybe I have not seen a good angle for it.

From my understanding he just got bopped off balance while leaning over.

I haven't seen the full scorecards, but I'd bet at least 1 judge had it as no knockdown.

Szlia

From my understanding he just got bopped off balance while leaning over.

I haven't seen the full scorecards, but I'd bet at least 1 judge had it as no knockdown.

I have posted the full scorecard, so let me tell you you would lose that bet :p

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Hosix

All labs matter!
So I will just say this here. I knew nothing about Tyson Fury before this fight.

I read up on him.

That being said....he has said some funny shit to the press AND he has the total older guy dad body going.

• 1Like

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
I had read up on Fury but had never watched him box a full match, just highlights. No doubt he can box. It was entertaining watching the back and forth even if Wilder isn’t the technical boxer Fury is - honestly Wilder did better than I thought he would and I think he is capable but just ignores improving technique and wants to look to land his right every time.

But by the book, Fury won that fight.

• 1Solidarity

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Had Fury winning 9 rounds to 3, with the two knockdowns making it closer. Glad Wilder was able to make it entertaining. It says something about a fighter fighting a larger man, getting outboxed, and still going all out and finding some big success.

Fury is just incredibly slick for a large man. I absolutely laugh at myself now when I used to believe David Haye would've beaten Fury... Joshua vs. Fury is a huge fight. Joshua goes in and fights like he did against Parker, he's going to lose.

This is the best heavyweight boxing has been in a really long time, it's fun to watch. Although not a egregious as recent fights, boxing is just absolutely terrible with these decisions. You have a fight, or fights, that draws the more "casual" viewer in and you repeatedly declare a draw hoping for bigger rematch numbers - then you lose a quarter of a million buys for GGG-Canelo II because people aren't fucking retarded.

Shano

Golden Knight of the Realm
Canelo absolutely destroyed that guy. Was like Fielding knew in the first 10 seconds he stood no chance.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Rocky Fielding was a sacrificial lamb, shame on Golden Boy for putting that man in there to take a beating.

A terrible fight, but Canelo did only what he could, and that is beat the guy they put in front of him.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Sounds very possible that Canelo vs. Danny Jacobs is next.

That is a great fight, very 50-50 to me with the way Jacobs moves.

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
dodgy japanese throwing vs mayweather in the exhibition match. it was as terrible as you could imagine. this is the future, where will he fight next? abu dhabi?

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm surprised he didn't do a backflip out of the ring into the 2nd row of the crowd after Floyd wound up a windmill uppercut for 10 seconds.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
This fight looked like me fighting a 5 year old. Mayweather was toying with the guy, the difference was abysmal.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Broner is so boring.

The only plus side to his fights is seeing him get his ass kicked.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Broner is so boring.

The only plus side to his fights is seeing him get his ass kicked.
Yeah, Broner haalways been a massive underachiever. He just never punches enough. He does not "get it". Not asmart guy.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yeah, Broner haalways been a massive underachiever. He just never punches enough. He does not "get it". Not asmart guy.

The most punching he does is during the post-fight interviews.

I enjoyed that part thoroughly. "I'd be 7-0 against you".

"welll....*short pause*, that wouldn't mean much"

Room erupted with laughter. We got our money's worth.

• 1Like