Boxing

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Just hopped on this shit tier PPV, and they had a slapping competition and Ric Flair and Pete Davidson were there "commentating"?

This is Zoomer shit, literally edging closer to Cyberpunk-type parody consumerism. I'm so glad my great-grandfather isn't alive to see where we are now.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just hopped on this shit tier PPV, and they had a slapping competition and Ric Flair and Pete Davidson were there "commentating"?

This is Zoomer shit, literally edging closer to Cyberpunk-type parody consumerism. I'm so glad my great-grandfather isn't alive to see where we are now.
Dude right there with you. My great grandpa and grandpa were all about boxing. Glad they don’t have to watch this shit. After the Tyson fight shenanigans, I didn’t even bother with this fight card.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Excellent fight between Figeroua vs Ramos. Andy Ruiz should be interesting

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
It's really sad that there's only a few fighters that are being marketed and that these shitass exhibitions are what get all the attention. Canelo, Fury, and Wilder can only fight so often!

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Animosity

This idiots are just making boxing look like a joke sport now. It’s a shame to see.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
This idiots are just making boxing look like a joke sport now. It’s a shame to see.
I mean as long as they're getting PPV buys it's not likely to stop. Like the Pauls are getting legit world class training, but we have no idea if they're they're legit or not since they don't fight anyone. Even this thing with Floyd. Floyd's old, hasn't fought in awhile and Paul gets to come in 30 pounds heavier? Like if he fought a current Light heavy or cruiserweight contender what would actually happen? We'll never find out because there's not any incentive for them to try and work their way up the ranks like a normal fighter since they're making more than most of the top fighters already doing the sideshow thing. Shit sucks because there's actually a lot of good fighters that really should get some shine.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Mayweather with hair freaks me out. I can't handle that shit lol.

Yeah, this is prime consumer USA right here. Circuses will continue when they're profitable. Not sure who pays for these, but someone does...

On another note, Canelo - Saunders this weekend. Saunders can fight, he definitely has some boxing talent. More than any of Canelo's recent opponents. Saunders "should" be able to make a competitive fight with Canelo, that being said he hasn't exactly been a consistent fighter. Hopefully they're both roided out, instead of just Canelo, and we get a solid fight.

• 1Truth!

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
If our politics are a fair reflection of modern society, what do our sports say about us? That this is what brings in the big pay day? Strap in boys, the end is nigh.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

So I rewatched Mayweather Canelo fight.

Floyds performance in that fight was so impressive. He didnt even use his right hand. He literally stood in front of Canelo and fucked him up with body jabs and lead lefts. Paul throws nothing but hip punches, big wind up from the sides, all hooks. Mayweather is going to fucking embarras him.

He will carry Paul until the 3rd round or so and then gun for a stoppage. Paul is going to be winded by the 4th or 5th round anyway.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sterling

El Presidente
One thing is that the fight is short in terms of number of rounds. If he carries him too long it could be a problem but it's unlikely. I mentioned it before, but you know it's a joke when Mayweather who hasn't fought in a couple of years and is VERY protective of his brand and being undefeated is giving the dude 30 pounds.

Jozu

Floyd is 44 now. Its crazy to think he wants to continue doing this. I could see him doing another couple exhibitions, or maybe even a real bout in order to make one huge last pay day. That means he will be fighting until he is 47 or 48 lol. He is in great shape still for 44 though. He doesnt have much mileage either in terms of getting hit. He almost never even lost rounds never mind taking any real punishment.

He suffered in maybe 2 or 3 fights in his entire career. His first fight against Jose Luis Castillo, probably his closest fight, some observers even feeling like he might of deserved to lose on a SD, but overall he didnt really even take that much damage that fight. He got hurt by Shane Mosley briefly, but didnt get pounded or anything and went on to dominate the rest of that fight. He injured his hand when he was young and was the only official knockdown he suffered, as his glove touched the canvas. And even then he was never in real trouble. And he fought some killers.

He beat; Diego Corrales, Zab Judah, Ricky Hatton, Pacquiao, Canelo, Mosely, Cotto, Juan Manuel Marquez, DeLaHoya and Maidana twice.

Logan paul has zero chance. He is half the underdog Conor was, which is crazy to me. He should be a -10,000 underdog.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Floyd is 44 now. Its crazy to think he wants to continue doing this. I could see him doing another couple exhibitions, or maybe even a real bout in order to make one huge last pay day. That means he will be fighting until he is 47 or 48 lol. He is in great shape still for 44 though. He doesnt have much mileage either in terms of getting hit. He almost never even lost rounds never mind taking any real punishment.

He suffered in maybe 2 or 3 fights in his entire career. His first fight against Jose Luis Castillo, probably his closest fight, some observers even feeling like he might of deserved to lose on a SD, but overall he didnt really even take that much damage that fight. He got hurt by Shane Mosley briefly, but didnt get pounded or anything and went on to dominate the rest of that fight. He injured his hand when he was young and was the only official knockdown he suffered, as his glove touched the canvas. And even then he was never in real trouble. And he fought some killers.

He beat; Diego Corrales, Zab Judah, Ricky Hatton, Pacquiao, Canelo, Mosely, Cotto, Juan Manuel Marquez, DeLaHoya and Maidana twice.

Logan paul has zero chance. He is half the underdog Conor was, which is crazy to me. He should be a -10,000 underdog.
30 pounds is a massive amount of weight. like multiple weight classes difference. Also, whatever you want to say about the Pauls they do take training at boxing very seriously. I'd be very surprised if Floyd didn't just make him look silly in terms of punch effectiveness but he is old, hasn't fought in forever and as mentioned 30 pounds is A LOT.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>

I really cannot imagine him being half the under dog of Conor. At least Conor is a proffesional fighter.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
30 pounds is a massive amount of weight. like multiple weight classes difference. Also, whatever you want to say about the Pauls they do take training at boxing very seriously. I'd be very surprised if Floyd didn't just make him look silly in terms of punch effectiveness but he is old, hasn't fought in forever and as mentioned 30 pounds is A LOT.

My thought as well. Logan has trained very seriously, and would probably do decently fighting fighters his own weight class with a year or two under their belt. But if Logan was the same size as Floyd he would lose every single time even with the age difference and Floyd not having fought in a while.

However, Logan is several inches taller, with a larger reach and 30 pounds heavier which is all muscle. Floyd has made it through several fights with "barely" getting hit. But he does get hit. There is a reason for weight classes. Logan probably hits significantly harder than what Floyd is used to. If there ever was a case of a "lucky punch" then this is it.

In the end of the day though, is it even a "fight"? No real judges/score. No actual announced winner. Floyds official record will remain intact regardless if he gets knocked out.
Only difference for either after the fight will be millions and millions in their bank accounts. Granted it would mean way more for Logan to win in terms of marketable assets and bragging rights if he knocked out Floyd than it would be for Floyd to "win" (as much as you can win a fight with no score).

• 1Worf