Brave Frontier

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
This is the setup

Avant (5) - Rize (6)
Allanon (2) - Charla (1)
Avant (3) - Rize (4)

You have to manually change Charla and Eze's position before the start, then hit auto.

I had better results swapping out charla for griff because my spheres and elgifs are lacking.
Also I do Eze/Avant rather than double avant (and slot eze in 5, which means I only have to swap charla and eze with that setup, or eze and griff as it ends up).

Set the time delay to 0ms (change order I think). Set them all to Auto...

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
There's a poll up to vote for the first global exclusive unit to get an omni. I'm sure no one is surprised that Nyami is winning. Makes me ultra regret not picking her for unit of choice. Suppose I'll dump gems into the next gate that has her as a rateup.

There was some other info released recently about a new frontier gate. It's going to be a FG with a bunch of target dummies that don't attack you. You have 3 rounds maximum to deal X amount of damage or auto-lose. Get your nuking teams ready!

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Zenia takes over the lead in the poll. Boards are pretty amusing right now.

Cashed in almost all my saved merit points and rolled over the million mark to get the sacred axe. Now sitting on 36 legend stones, so not worried about those anytime soon.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Dear god why?!

Also, I'm gonna grab a breaker zenia as my UoC I guess.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
They patch in the new raid but don't activate it. Thanks dicks.
New raid begins Monday, lasts for a week.

New frontier gate was a letdown. I went in blind with my normal farm team and got like 55m or something first try (you need 30m for the maximum rewards). I expected something to actually work towards. What I'm looking forward to is the new trial coming, which is supposedly one of the hardest yet. There's also some infinite frontier gate coming eventually, but I've not read too much into that one.

In my spare time, since I enjoy the game but my account basically has nothing to do most of the time, I've been playing on the guest account as a kind of second account. To make it interesting, I'm going to see how far I can go without doing any summons past the first forced summon during the intro (got Piany from that). With a friend omni Magress, I've been able to clear trial 1 and 2 (for Karl and Grahdens free units), and also with the friend omni Magress (and pubs) I got Noah and Owen from raids. So far, so good, it's just too bad the only "free" mitigator is Gazia or omni Magress, though Noah's sbb does give 25% mitigation! Going to be interesting to see how far I can take this without summoning real units.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm annoyed it isn't this week as next week is half energy (aka imp farming time) and likely the start of fh. Would be nice to spread things out.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Silas and Verne batch released today. Gumi decided to put each of them in their own gate, which can't summon the other one. On top of that, it sounds like their drop rates are really shitty. I've saved up 42 gems for these units, but with Gumi splitting them into two gates with bad rates, I'm just going to pass on the whole event. I'll summon at the global exclusive gate coming up for the new global omni, Azurai. It's not like there's any content I can't beat with my existing squad anyway.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I did four pulls out of boredom. All dupes, but I got a 20% all stats for a thunder unit which would have been nice if I got Cyrus. Back to waiting for Sirius oe and for krantz/avant oe info.

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
So I just jumped into this with both feet this weekend. Reading all the talk about this Silas fella I decided to roll some to see if my shitty rng luck followed me to this game (it did). However I did end up with a bunch of stuff that I have no idea if it's good or not and hopefully you guys can help in that regard. Here's what I got:

Scorching Alpha (oracle)
Twin Flash Rickel (guardian)
Noble Sage Fadahl (breaker)
Robotic Wings Sixgear (guardian)
Crimson Dragon Regrard (lord)
Flame Rifle Bestie (breaker)
Strong Flame Griff (breaker)
Hot Metal Gildorf (anima)
Piercing Tazer (breaker)
Voltage Cutlass Diana (oracle)
Sound Thunder Balgran (breaker)
Supreme Militant Raaga (anima)
Flash Knight Jed (guardian)
Holy Minister Astall (guardian)
Misfortune Feeva (oracle)

Ive got some more leveling to do to actually fit a whole group of these guys into my squad but it'd be good to know which five to focus on.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I'd have to agree that luck wasn't on your side with those summons! From that list, Griff is probably the best unit. He's one of the better crit buffers with both crit buffs, a 30% ares buff, and adding fire/water retyping. Gildorf is a strong unit, but he's hard to use due to 1 hit count and not bringing any buffs, so he's more of a niche unit you slot in for specific content when you have more slot efficient buffers on your team. As a new player, you will be flooded with gems early on. My recommendation is to keep grinding out the story mode (any team of 5 stars + 6* or higher guest units can clear the first ~10 maps) and try to save your gems for the next global exclusive gate which is coming very soon. Global exclusive units tend to be on a much higher power level than classic units we get from the Japan version.

As for a quick recap of your units:
Scorching Alpha (oracle) -- very outdated, don't use
Twin Flash Rickel (guardian) -- doesn't have a 7* form, don't use
Noble Sage Fadahl (breaker) -- has some minor debuffs, but overall this unit is very poor quality
Robotic Wings Sixgear (guardian) -- infinite AoE SBB, not bad for grinding quest mode, but outdated at this point, weaker gildorf basically
Crimson Dragon Regrard (lord) -- bad unit with no relevant buffs or abilities
Flame Rifle Bestie (breaker) -- a BC supporter unit with lots of BC related buffs. outdated these days, but still worth using
Strong Flame Griff (breaker) -- great unit, see above
Hot Metal Gildorf (anima) -- great but niche unit, see above
Piercing Tazer (breaker) -- an infinite single target SBB unit with spark buffs. he's not completely terrible, but you can do better
Voltage Cutlass Diana (oracle) -- worse version of bestie. if you want bc support, use bestie
Sound Thunder Balgran (breaker) -- a strong def conversion buff and nice chance to inflict statuses. I wouldn't sink many resources into him, but he's not terrible
Supreme Militant Raaga (anima) -- a middle tier spark buffer. there's a lot better than him out there, but he's your best choice for spark buff currently
Flash Knight Jed (guardian) -- not really worth using, only brings some bc drop rate buffs, astall does it better
Holy Minister Astall (guardian) -- one of the new units with some great buffs. the issue with him is that his kit is kind of unfocused, and will overlap with a lot of other units. worth using if you need most of his buffs though.
Misfortune Feeva (oracle) -- a good spark blanket, but overall this unit has poor buffs and is kind of outdated

Which starter did you choose? It won't be relevant for a while until you level more, but eventually the starters can evolve into omni form, and most (all, really) of them are very very strong in certain areas. Eze especially is top tier in most content in his omni form.

With what you have right now, I'd run Griff, Gildorf, Bestie, Astall, Raaga.

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
I chose Selena as my starter.

I had already done one more yolo roll with five gems I saved up and snagged a Savia before reading your reply, but Ill stop spending gems (and money) for now and hold off til the global exclusive thing you mentioned rolls around. Ive been running the Miku dungeons for exp since it seems to be about a level per clear at the moment (Im only lvl 21) and have been trying to raise my cost.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Depending on your playtime, grinding out a dungeon for leveling may not be worth it. If you only play a few times a day, then it's fine to grind. If you're playtime is higher though, you want to focus on story missions even if they're less exp because for a while it's going to sync up that around the time your energy bar runs out, you level up and refresh, allowing you to continue questing. If you repeat levels on the same dungeon over and over, you're going to run into a point later that you spend your entire energy bar on now too low level story quests, don't level from it, and then you can't play until your energy regenerates over time. Progressing in the story is important to unlock grand quests, trials, crafting, etc. If you're not a F2P player and don't mind spending gems to restore your energy, disregard what I said! If you are F2P though, never spend gems on energy.

One issue you will eventually run into is that you have no units that handle status control or mitigation, two absolutely vital parts of team building as you get higher level. If you start to run into problems where your entire team is cursed or paralyzed, causing you to fail missions, or you start to have units die from incoming damage being too heavy, you might need to summon more to get a mitigator or status cleanse. Hold the line for global gate as long as possible though!

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Her sphere is actually good:
Twilight Stone: 75% Spark damage, 100-200 HP on Spark, 1-2 BC fill on Spark, 40% chance for Spark Crit.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Her sphere is actually good:
Twilight Stone: 75% Spark damage, 100-200 HP on Spark, 1-2 BC fill on Spark, 40% chance for Spark Crit.
What's your squad?

Was thinking Rhoa Lead, Krantz, Griff, Dolk, Atro with Grahden's friend. Not sure who I end up healing with though, and I can't find any grahdens friends.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nyami/nyami Allanon, Vargas, eze, rize. Bb friends nyami for crit buff. Smoke bomb if I live after turn 1 repeat until dead. Doing like 25% of total hp per turn. 4 rare drops so far.