Brave Frontier

Taloo_sl

shitlord
Well I just beat the game for now. Summoned a tree during the rate up a few days ago. Had my last 5 gems and was thinking about summoning today because the only unit I had was 2x Zelnites but hemmed and hawed about it this morning when I played. Finally got a Xenon to go with my Estia and started on the prologue so knowing I would at least get a gem from that tonight I summoned and got my god damn Darvenshel! So now I have Tree, Darv, Lillithx2, Zelnite x2, DX, Zebra, Lubra, Melc, and at least one good unit of every color if needed. 100% F2P. Feels good man. Just need to level that Darv ASAP and I can rape Maxwell as soon as she's patched in!

Was so excited I went ahead and posted but my now useless kickass units are

Kajah, Zephyr, Duel-SGX
Aem
Ronel, Grybe, Emelia
Lucina, Signas, Rickel, Mariudeth
Ramna, Borg, Aisha
and Grah/Karl with Cayenne, Serrin, Hatsune, Deemox2, and Zebra for stuff where they are useful. So stoked I got Darvanshel!

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yea yea > Im a completionist. Shit hurt my feelings
tongue.png

In other news - We didnt know who Orwen was etc. and since the servers are down for a couple more hours, I decided to see who he was and whatthat batch was all about. Long story short, if you have Orwen - Mi so sorry!!!! Elza and Hogar though? Bees Knees ~

moontayle

Golden Squire
October Update

New Continent - Vriksha
New Map - Lanara
New Special Dungeons
? Palmyna - Valmodora's Nest
? Lizeria - Golzo Underground Lake
? Agni Region - Agni Dungeon
Trial 003 - Maxwell
Town Facility Upgrades
New Items and Spheres
Hostile Relic (Friday Dungeon) Lv. 5
New Rare Summon Units
Sphere Frogs (Material in Fusion which increases the sphere capacity of the base unit to 2!)
Imp Units (Special units that when used in fusion have the unique ability of increasing the base unit's status parameters until a certain limit!)
Increase Arena Rank cap (Arena Ranks of Top Players have been adjusted accordingly and rewards were sent to Presents Box)

Yay for Sphere frogs!

Taloo_sl

shitlord
Zelnite batch 6* releases today or tomorrow apparently. Kinda sad about imps and frogs though. Was nice having the top half of my list greyed out in the fusion menu.

Taloo_sl

shitlord
Mine should be. I think Maxwell lead plus my best units might put me a point or two over but my Darv is 60/60 so doubt I can beat her until I evo and level him again at least. 6300hp is cutting it a little fine. Thinking about evoing Zel prior to trying as well. Don't have any Sol Creators so while I have the team for it they just aren't ready I think. Lily Matah friend might be enough as is though will have to see. Need another super Metal Parade >.<.

Wasn't on the wiki so I googled it if anyone else was interested. Shouldn't have fed the 30 or so Dragons I got from campaign for xp I guess : /. Fucking unit cap!

14. Darvanshel/Zelnite/Lilly Matah tier:
1 Miracle Totem
1 [suitable element] Totem
2 Dragon Mimics
1 Metal Mimic

Daidraco

Just out of curiosity - with two spheres - I know what the "Optimum" spheres would be.. But is it even worth it to have 5 top end Paralysis Spheres to equip for content thats able to be paralyzed, 5 Top End Curse, and 5 top end Crit? I built a paralysis one last night, but I started to wonder if Im just wasting my time. Any thoughts? If my whole team is spamming 20-35 hits each from their SBB's... thats a lot of hits for a 15% (and depending on the team, up to a 75% chance) of landing some type of effect that may totally negate a boss. For instance, if hes susceptible to Curse - locking him down with curse every round would just make most bosses trivial - much less a paralyze.

Taloo_sl

shitlord
Just out of curiosity - with two spheres - I know what the "Optimum" spheres would be.. But is it even worth it to have 5 top end Paralysis Spheres to equip for content thats able to be paralyzed, 5 Top End Curse, and 5 top end Crit? I built a paralysis one last night, but I started to wonder if Im just wasting my time. Any thoughts? If my whole team is spamming 20-35 hits each from their SBB's... thats a lot of hits for a 15% (and depending on the team, up to a 75% chance) of landing some type of effect that may totally negate a boss. For instance, if hes susceptible to Curse - locking him down with curse every round would just make most bosses trivial - much less a paralyze.
I think it's worthwhile if you already have the BiS general use spheres and are willing to increase you item space for them. It would be a nice thing to have but only if you feel like going through the hassle. With that said I've seen people saying status effects are a huge boost on raids so once those are released they may be a must have.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
I find status effects rarely stick to bosses so it's a gamble I'm not willing to take. I'd rather work my way around a fight by utilizing my teams SBBs so the Sol Creator is the way to go.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Sphere frogs are probably going to be less available than Burst frogs (I think I saw something that had just one out of all the FH7 rewards given) so I would more than likely focus on which units to start with and move on from there.

Daidraco

I know this is Global - but Ive seen accounts with multiple teams where each unit has two spheres. Hopefully Global will be that plentiful with them. I havent read anything about stacking an effect on a unit either - so Im assuming if you have a unit that has a 65% chance, giving him a 15% chance sphere will actually increase his percentage. Not negate/ignore one or the other. If I have an 80% chance, putting it on just one character might be enough anyways.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If my whole team is spamming 20-35 hits each from their SBB's... thats a lot of hits for a 15%
Is that how it works? I'm not positive but I think it might just check one time for % chance stuff. I know with chance to ignore armor stuff it's either every hit ignores it or none, you don't get just 1 out of 28 ignoring so it's not checking every individual hit.

Daidraco

Is that how it works? I'm not positive but I think it might just check one time for % chance stuff. I know with chance to ignore armor stuff it's either every hit ignores it or none, you don't get just 1 out of 28 ignoring so it's not checking every individual hit.
You are probably right, but for some reason I was thinking that when it comes to applying an effect like paralysis - that each hit would be taken into account. I dont spend a lot of time in the brave frontier forums (global/reddit) but Im always hoping someone here does to answer questions like that.

I'm pretty sure it only checks once to do status effects with sbb's unless you have a random target sbb. One of the fringe benefits of Eric is his random sbb can have a chance to apply each hit. (but cant crit)