Brave Frontier

Rime

<Donor>
Frontier Hunter season 4 begins tonight at 10PM est.

It is free and even if you are new, you can probably get the first one or two rewards.

It is in the capital city, building above where you collect your daily key.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Been using my 75 energy to blow through the 10 metal keys I got saved up.

Can finally get my mono-water team setup to be my main now.

Venijk

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Alneuis the 3* form of Eltri. Some of the units have names that change, rather than just their title changing. It can get confusing.

Alneu -> Altro -> Eltri -> Altri.

Also, if you have plenty of mimics laying around, feel free to fuse them away or sell them if you need the unit space. They have a weekly dungeon on Wednesday.
For the first level chest, sell sell sell, I never keep more than 1 or 2 on hand. They drop really goddamn often.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Sent out some friend invites; thanks in advance if you accept! Those uber leaders you guys have really help my low level newbie ass.

I'm only level 9 and doing zero IAP; I've got 4* Ice Mage Dean, 3* Knight Zephu, 2* Warrior Eze, and 4* Hot Chef Lancia. Everything else is just trash from doing the questing (plus that free facebook Like unit). I've been focusing my fusing on the rares I pull with the free gems + the starter unit; is that a good strategy? I also only fuse matching elements together. Seems like everything I capture in the wild is pretty bad and not worth wasting anything on. I've also got two Dark metal things, one lower quality and one God quality. Should I save that for a good rare Dark unit or does it not matter if I match the elements?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Frontier Hunter season 4 begins tonight at 10PM est.

It is free and even if you are new, you can probably get the first one or two rewards.

It is in the capital city, building above where you collect your daily key.
Thanks, wouldn't have even know to check that area out again.

moontayle

Golden Squire
FH is pretty much all about execution. Youwillhit a wall unless you're so stacked with Serin or Douglas units that you can basically facerape every turn.

Tips: Try to Spark as much as possible. It's something of an advanced tactic, but you pretty much want to line up your unit's attacks within a short window. Some units are better for this than others.

Don't bring healers unless you're just set on completing the map. It's damage that isn't being done.

Balanced Item Set is pretty much the best overall.

Bring your heaviest hitters with the best AOE BBs.

Felneus, Aem, 6* Alice.. basically any unit that boosts BB should be your friend of choice. Felneus is always the choice over anything else.

In the first round use the attack potion and the Fujin potion on your three best units. AOE BB the shit out of that first wave and if you've got the units for it, should be enough to one-round clear, which incurs a bonus.

If you can't rape face every turn, do your best to bring enemy units down to very low health without killing them, and once all of them are low, unleash the BB waves. You get bonus for BB kills, and overkill.

Good luck!

PS> This costs you no energy and is pretty much a win/win with the rewards you get. You get three FH orbs and they recharge every three hours. Hope to it!

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
What a kick in the nuts. Was able to get a rare roll before the little event ended last night. What do I get? A duplicate of what I already have. The worst part? It was Lancia. Any other unit and I could've probably had a use for it, but what the hell am I going to do with two Lancia's? It was literally the single unit that was probably the most worthless possible.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
At the point where shit in Cordelica is getting to be a pain in the ass. Pretty sure I need to grind out ranks to be able to evo and use all my best units now. Ugh.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I did 250k in the first two hunt levels. Was quite impressed with myself. That was with zero knowledge of what to expect. I finished them both, the second one was a rough end group.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tried the third stage and I learned something new. If your whole team is paralyzed you don't get a chance to use items to clear it. The bad guy just attacks. And attacks. And attacks. And attacks. Until you are dead(or the bind fades naturally I guess).

Ouch. Went SS and S on the first 2.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Damnit, did 349k in the mid one. Just missed out on those gems! I'll get it before this event is over though.

I only got the 200k reward on the entrance one though. I probably need to redo that.

moontayle

Golden Squire
It's pretty random the encounters you run into so definitely try again. I finally got enough points in Mid to get a Sacred Gem (15% all stats). I doubt I have the juice to do enough to get the Medulla Gem in End (20% all stats).

Will try to leave my group with Aem leader up using the Sacred Gem for people to run with.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Just did my first Metal parade. 5 Metal monsters and 1000 exp per turn isn't bad. It leveled me every time I ran one so I just chained 5 or 6 in a row. Money.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Just started but I've got so many units (70) and no zel to fuse them with. Is there an easy way to farm Zel at level 13?
During the weekend is the Golden vault in the vortex gate. Farm a lot of zel there along with a chance to get some jewel dudes to sell.

other way is to use the jewel keys

Arkael

Lord Nagafen Raider
Are there any non rare summon units worth sinking time into? I've only been playing a week, so I'm still pretty noob, but I've got light+water spirits/ghosts and other stuff that seem worth keeping filling up almost all my slots. The summon rng gods haven't given me any blue or whites to spend them on yet.

The only units I have so far is lance (starter) alice, kikuri, elulu, lancia and pheonix riding the bench. I've hit a wall where I can't progress quests and my units are all cloes to max 3 stars, do I just wait for the tuesday daily to farm the mats I need?

Thanks for answering my noob questions

Brand

Molten Core Raider
Just started but I've got so many units (70) and no zel to fuse them with. Is there an easy way to farm Zel at level 13?
I just started as well, but all did for my free energy all weekend was run the Zel instance in the Vortex. Now I have about 600k Zel banked and I need lots of units.

moontayle

Golden Squire
There's very few non-summon units worth sinking time into, and only then until you get something better. Weiss, Zephu, Zegar, Lario, Luna, and Mifune can all get to 5*. That's pretty much it. Anyone going strict F2P would do well to keep an eye out.