Brave Frontier

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I cant even get these Vortex units to fucking spawn let alone capture. Doing the lvl 10 version of both and getting mighty pissed wasting my energy. At this point it doesnt look like I will even get to play the prologue before they take it down.... have a few gems stockpiled, are these units even any good?

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
First world problems I know but what the fuck is with the calculations for shit taking forever? Every time I look it's delayed by another day too
frown.png

The game was fast going at first, but now I've hit that point where if I don't gem to get my energy back I'm down to a few runs a day....sad panda. I knew it would topple out soon.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
First world problems I know but what the fuck is with the calculations for shit taking forever? Every time I look it's delayed by another day too
frown.png

The game was fast going at first, but now I've hit that point where if I don't gem to get my energy back I'm down to a few runs a day....sad panda. I knew it would topple out soon.
So I don't know what the deal is, because I have the problem with Puzzle and Dragons, but it doesn't seem NEARLY as bad as it does in Brave Frontier. Maybe the XP curve is too far out for me, or maybe I'm just so used to an "unlimited run" dungeon where stamina regens and leveling occur faster than the stamina burn rate, but it's getting mad annoying. Also, this shit for evolve items being 2 1/2 hours worth of stamina to get stuff to evolve from 3* to 4* just pisses me off.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I can't quite put my finger on it but something is annoying about the progression. It would be unfair to try and compare it to starting P&D just because I've been playing it for so long there's no way for me to remember what starting out was like. Now that I have a Sephia, evolved Eze, Pugilist Dilma the team feels like it is rolling along. The biggest difference is probably that I was IAP from the get go in P&D and am trying to this completely non IAP. And learning how to min/max resources like Gems, dungeon runs, etc... is kind of a pain. There also seemed to be a clearer defined early game path and more resources to look up.

Anyways, this is fun and I'll try to stick with it until some of the stuff clicks in to place and it makes more sense. I was able to chain run the Metal Parade the first time and get like 5 levels or something. Then fusing everything took all the money I had and am now broke. When it costs like 10,000 zel to feed 4 trash mobs to my Eze or Sephia I'm like, eh :\

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
You have to approach games like these as fun little time wasters that you check every once and a while when you are bored / taking a shit. You just can't play them the same way as 3DS / PC / whatever type games. Learning early that you just play what you can and when you are "out of energy" move on, makes these games much more enjoyable.

As for the Super Metal Parades, the are worth it lol.

rrr_img_72317.jpg

moontayle

Golden Squire
I can't quite put my finger on it but something is annoying about the progression. It would be unfair to try and compare it to starting P&D just because I've been playing it for so long there's no way for me to remember what starting out was like. Now that I have a Sephia, evolved Eze, Pugilist Dilma the team feels like it is rolling along. The biggest difference is probably that I was IAP from the get go in P&D and am trying to this completely non IAP. And learning how to min/max resources like Gems, dungeon runs, etc... is kind of a pain. There also seemed to be a clearer defined early game path and more resources to look up.

Anyways, this is fun and I'll try to stick with it until some of the stuff clicks in to place and it makes more sense. I was able to chain run the Metal Parade the first time and get like 5 levels or something. Then fusing everything took all the money I had and am now broke. When it costs like 10,000 zel to feed 4 trash mobs to my Eze or Sephia I'm like, eh :\
Money is a huge thing early on. Tomorrow is the jewel parade key so highly recommend running that. And weekends should be as many runs of the zel dungeon as you can stomach.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
You have to approach games like these as fun little time wasters that you check every once and a while when you are bored / taking a shit. You just can't play them the same way as 3DS / PC / whatever type games. Learning early that you just play what you can and when you are "out of energy" move on, makes these games much more enjoyable.

As for the Super Metal Parades, the are worth it lol.

rrr_img_72317.jpg
Jesus...

I ran it twice so far and haven't seen any crystals.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
God I was mad when I opened the parade and saw the 40 energy thing; only got 35 right now. Also did two rare summons because I still don't have a thunder or dark unit; ended up with a 4 star breaker Golem (eh ok) and a 4 star lord (more def than att which sucks) Spear Fist Raydn. Not a Thunderbird, but not thrilling either I guess.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Fuck yes. Had a crystal drop and super on the fuse. My 5* Lilith is now maxed. Should be able to max out my 5* Dean and possibly 5* Eze (just evo'd, already lvl 45) this week.

That just leaves me needing to farm for evo mats for the other 2 members of my team; currently 4* Lira and 4* Vishra. Would like to replace Vishra though, cause I don't think he's very good.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I'm sitting on a light crystal, and can't tell if I should just max my white lion (and miss like 10% of the xp due to going over) or feed it to melchion and get him quite a bit higher level.

Edit: Just ran into water crystal on the regular metal parade.... and didn't put melchion as lead. 1dmg kill ahoy
frown.png

Edit2: anyone have the link to the XP page?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I had two first round Water Crystals today and don't have anything to feed them to (guess I could feed it to Undine), was happy it was immediately following the pull of Pugilist. A couple of rounds for BB and ka-blam.

I posted earlier but does anyone else have a list of somewhat decent farmable non-IAP subs for a team? Some of the regular drops seem to have 5* evos available (Lario) so I was going to focus on them unless there is a boss I can farm for like a 1% drop rate chance.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
rrr_img_72352.jpg

LOL the same thing happened to be today for the first time ever. I was like (pimp pose) but then I realize no one else was around and then I felt awkward.
Brought Elimo from 15 to 60 with Water Crystal and two Water Gods and a super on the fuse. He's my only water unit, so I don't really care. Also maxed Tree dude and got melchion to the 40s (I think).

Vinlorin

Trakanon Raider
My only real complaint right now is the retarded use of BB's during arena fights.I've made it to Commander rank with 259W:70L and easily half of those losses has been from my guys not using BB's for sometimes 2 or 3 rounds after they're ready.The only consistent use is from my healer which seems to always go off.

I can understand not letting you have control of who your guys hit since your opponent is automated but they rarely miss a use of their BB while my guys stall constantly.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
My only real complaint right now is the retarded use of BB's during arena fights.I've made it to Commander rank with 259W:70L and easily half of those losses has been from my guys not using BB's for sometimes 2 or 3 rounds after they're ready.The only consistent use is from my healer which seems to always go off.

I can understand not letting you have control of who your guys hit since your opponent is automated but they rarely miss a use of their BB while my guys stall constantly.
Yep. Always awesome to have my guys die with 3 AOE BB waiting to be used from their one guy who fires off their AOE BB

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
Same when it comes to the monetization with this game, as soon as you accept that Arena is all RNG and is an "extra bonus" on top of whatever you are doing, it becomes much better lol. Plenty of rage inducing moments happen now that just make me laugh.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Same when it comes to the monetization with this game, as soon as you accept that Arena is all RNG and is an "extra bonus" on top of whatever you are doing, it becomes much better lol. Plenty of rage inducing moments happen now that just make me laugh.
Took me a bit to accept that, the RNG just pissed be off for the longest time.

But they did make doing arena attractive with the rewards it gives.

I found money to be a lot less of a problem once you can do the most expensive (30 energy?) weekend daily, you can get like 100k/run+ easily. I found the wednesday jewel key a lot weaker on the zel front though.
Planning out the week as much as possible works for me. You can grab as much gold as possible on the weekends for the week, get idols on tuesday, totems on thursday, metal keys when your about to level and quests the rest of the time/whatever random events going on. It was nice to get 45 energy total then i could run 6 metal parades over a level up. Random trash from questing is really expensive to fuse for crap exp, most of the exp is in the metal parades.