Breaking Bad

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Well Seasons 1-4 take place in one calendar year. There is even a beat of an in-joke when they talk about how a year has gone by and that it seemed so much longer.
Yeah, it really threw me off when they mentioned it had been under a year in like season 4. Either way, the point was she didn't gain weight until well after the baby was born. It was definitely the actress gaining weight and not her character and was really distracting when you watch the seasons back to back and she's 30 lbs heavier from one episode to the next

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So you'll change your avatar now?
Nope, one week left on my avatar bet! and i'd take

Tuco-01.jpg

Over Breaking Bad's tuco anyday.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, it really threw me off when they mentioned it had been under a year in like season 4. Either way, the point was she didn't gain weight until well after the baby was born. It was definitely the actress gaining weight and not her character and was really distracting when you watch the seasons back to back and she's 30 lbs heavier from one episode to the next
Id still fuck her.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I think she's one of the most unlikable characters I've ever seen in a TV show. It's between her and Andrea. In the last season it actually got to be a joke where we'd have some great tv with walt/mike/jesse/tom or whatever then switch to Andrea/Marie and my wife and I would say, "Oh yeah just what we needed, more of this character." My dad gave me some good advice and says he just fast forwards through all their scenes. One day I might be as wise as he.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I never thought she was that bad. Some of her hypocrisy is kind of frustrating, but I think that is the point.

iannis

Musty Nester
I've been FFwing through Skylar scenes since season 2.5

I don't even hate her. I'm not even McMad. She's just boring and extraneous. Nothing of any importance happens during any of her scenes until the most recent season, and even then it's weak. She's dramatic filler. She serves entirely to pace the story -- not to inform it or to further it. Her best lines are "Shut Up" and "I fucked Ted".

If I wanted to watch, "My Aunt: The television show" I suppose I would. That's a problem with the writing. She's a really poorly executed literary device, and it's a shame. I think there was an opportunity to make Skylar something interesting. But it's like the purpose of the character was to set up the "I am the one that knocks" speech. For how much attention has been paid to her, that's awful thin on purpose.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
She provides background and context for Walt's actions and their effects. She is a very important part of the story, like her or not.

iannis

Musty Nester
She doesn't though, is what I'm saying. That's what she'sintendedto do -- I 100% agree with that.

But you could tell this exact same story just as well in half the time without ever seeing Walt's family. It might even be more effective. He's doing it all for his family -- we never see his family. Walts motives are a lie.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I don't think so. Without seeing his brutality juxtaposed against his family life, he's just some thug. His family is what makes the show, it defines who he is.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
She's also part of the crushing normality that pushed him to break bad in the first place. Rewatch the pilot; it's incredibly obvious that Walt has no power in their relationship. When he begins to reassert himself, that's when the friction in their marriage begins.