Breaking Bad

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeah I remember that, but that was already covered and "solved" at the time. Why is it different now?
It was solved when that note was in Gale's journal. The fact that Hank found a similar note in a book in Walt's bathroom is why it's different.

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah, that's kind of why they ended the season with that. It was supposed to be a major event in the story and the only way that can be true is if Hank knows it's Walt.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
im also pretty sure Hank will never arrest walt because he will realize how much he has benefited from the meth money.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
If you're skipping it, how would you know what you're missing?

I think the writers did ok with her, I don't really have any complaints at this point. Everything, even the frustrating her fucking Ted and not realizing what a hypocrite she is shit, led us to this point.
I didn't skip anything and he wasn't missing shit. She's a huge pain in the ass and boring to watch.

Really I don't like any of the female characters in the show and think the writers are misogynists. You basically have superbitch wife, dumb bitch sister-in-law, evil bitch from Madrigal, and a bunch of fat bitch secretaries.

As for Hank/Walt, I've always thought the show would end with Hank having irrefutable proof that Walt was Heizenburg as Walt was dying. To me, Walt always seemed motivated in his quest for power because he thought Hank considered him a pussy. Part of Walt wants Hank (and his son) to know what a badass he is.

iannis

Musty Nester
She doesn't understand the meaning of spit and shove. She ain't gonna last long in prison. Wait, how do women fuck? lol
I've spent countless hours of my adult life researching the answer to this question.

I expect that in 10 more years I'll have a working hypothesis.

And yeah, Hank had a revelation on the crapper that Walt is Heisenberg. They even went to the flashback in dark blues where Walt admits it sarcastically to throw Hank off the scent.

The next episode REALLY needs to start with "flush" and Hank storming out of the bathroom trying to put cuffs on Walt (because that's what Hank would do), Marie / Skylar running interference, and Walt running for his life.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Lol, never happen. Hank will play it off like nothing is wrong and leave soon after. Walt will know something is up.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I didn't skip anything and he wasn't missing shit. She's a huge pain in the ass and boring to watch.

Really I don't like any of the female characters in the show and think the writers are misogynists. You basically have superbitch wife, dumb bitch sister-in-law, evil bitch from Madrigal, and a bunch of fat bitch secretaries.

As for Hank/Walt, I've always thought the show would end with Hank having irrefutable proof that Walt was Heizenburg as Walt was dying. To me, Walt always seemed motivated in his quest for power because he thought Hank considered him a pussy. Part of Walt wants Hank (and his son) to know what a badass he is.
I want to say there was like a 20 page derail on FoH last year regarding female characters and how they're all pretty much terrible in every show ever.

iannis

Musty Nester
Who was the bathroom book from? From Gale!?
Yeah. There was a scene in the lab with gail where he gave walt that book, and he'd written his little love note on the inside of it. It's while Walt and Gail were best buds -- you know, before walt had him murderized for not being a complete fuckup.

Apparently Walt keeps it on the crapper for some deep reading during his most introspective moments.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Women in general are pretty boring, all most of them have going for them is sex.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
What book are you guys talking about??? There was no book from Gale, IIRC. It was a book of poems from Walt Whitman.

edit: Oops...it looks like there was a note that said "G.B." inside the book.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Walt never disliked Gale, he only got rid of him to save Jessie. No reason to throw away a gift from someone who idolized him. Hank is literally the only person on the planet that could decipher that G.B/W.W. note and know what's up. Although I guess Walt should have expected Hank to take a shit in his house at some point.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Although I guess Walt should have expected Hank to take a shit in his house at some point.
Yep. Walt didn't know Gale for long and probably only had that one book. Walt would have disassociated himself from everything related to Gale unless he wanted to be found.

I'm not sure if Walt's self-destructive behaviors are there because of lazy writing to create drama or genius to make Walt interesting.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Walt was the dude to give Hank enough doubt that Gale wasn't Heisenberg. He likes being chased and known that there is this all-powerful Heisenberg out there.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think it fits Walt's personality to keep the book around. All along, one of the underlying factors of Walt's lifestyle change has been wanting respect. Gale was the only person who really gave Walt the respect for his scientific brilliance, so I could see why he'd keep the book around as a reminder to stroke his ego on occasion.

And ego is also the reason he kept it out in the open like that. Walt's downfall has always been thinking he's smarter than everyone else. Walt would never suspect that Hank would be able to put he and Gale together and outright toyed with Hank on this in the past.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Why wouldn't he keep the book? Walt thinks he is the smartest man in the room, always, to the point that he actually looks down on everyone else. He thinks he is free and clear. I'm betting he never gave the book a second thought.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I want to say there was like a 20 page derail on FoH last year regarding female characters and how they're all pretty much terrible in every show ever.
Yep, but I think one of the points was that we were misogynists (instead of the writers I suppose) for thinking Skyler is a turbocunt. Skyler sucks, hard. So much fat, jaw, and bitching.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
The hypocrisy of calling the writers misogynists...the discussion thread for every major series is full of anti-female character hate, it's almost as tiresome as the unchecked volcano of racism that is the Zimmerman thread

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I want to say Scully was the last female character that didn't annoy me. Maybe Dax from DS9?