Breaking Bad

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
its pretty retarded to say that Skyler had to be a cuntface to make this a believable show. just because you married a cuntface harpy doesnt mean everyone else does. some men actually like their wives. some wives arent actually cuntface harpies.

Some husbands don't put the whole family in danger of going to prison and/or being murdered by drug cartels without consulting their wives first. I doubt most wives would take that in stride and remain calm and supportive.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Goddam, I hate this Skylar cunt like I have never hated another TV character before.
party GIF

• 1Solidarity

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Oof, S5 Skylar has me yearning for S1 Skylar.

Has to be one of the worst combinations of character + actor / actress in a show of this caliber. AJ Soprano-esque.

Last edited:
  • 1Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Some husbands don't put the whole family in danger of going to prison and/or being murdered by drug cartels without consulting their wives first. I doubt most wives would take that in stride and remain calm and supportive.
that doesnt wash, Skylar was like this before Walt became Heisenberg.

Zzen

Potato del Grande
If you want to tell me that this is the greatest show of all time, then I won’t argue with you. I’ll still take The Wire though.

Aaron Paul cannot act his way out of a paper bag.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If you want to tell me that this is the greatest show of all time, then I won’t argue with you. I’ll still take The Wire though.

Aaron Paul cannot act his way out of a paper bag.
Shut up, bitch

• 1Worf

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It would be weird to try and act your way out of a paper bag

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Oof, S5 Skylar has me yearning for S1 Skylar.

Has to be one of the worst combinations of character + actor / actress in a show of this caliber. AJ Soprano-esque.
If it makes you feel any better she said the character also fucked up her life, she said she could just feel the hate coming off people towards her as a person. Or something like that.

• 1Like

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
That's how you know it's actually perfect casting.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

pysek

<Gold Donor>
Like big bags of sand, huh?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

pysek

<Gold Donor>
hahaha seriously, Cassanova, you must have to beat them off with a broom...

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Breaking Bad isn't really even close to the best show of all time, but it is significant for having an actual climactic ending that works, unlike so many great shows that either go out with a whimper (Sopranos) or a giant fucking derp (that show with the dragons and the wolves? I forget the name.)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Sticking a landing isn't best show criteria?
i guess not everyone is a fan of the slow burn. for me it was fine. when they had the writer's strike it was tough to find something good on TV so i decided to give this show a chance. i had no idea who any of the people were, but whatever it might be good, i jumped in on episode 3 and AMC was repeating all the episode leading up to it so i quickly caught up and was immediately hooked after Heisenberg blew up Tuco's HQ. what a great scene, totally unexpected. side trivia, i dont think anyone else expected such a loud explosion either so the actor's reactions were genuine.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Its funny to listen to the opinions of this show after the fact.

Aaron Paul was great in his role, and he was arguably the only character that actually grew and changed for the better, even in spite of all the outside influence (Walter killing his girlfriend for instance). He was literally the only character in S3 that had anything resembling a conscience. Season 3 was so fucking hard to get through, but in hindsight it's an incredibly bold piece of TV history. Why would anyone in this world created by these writers be likeable? They are shithead murderers and drug dealers. This show is the only show other than The Wire that I've ever watched that didn't try to portray the characters for anything other than what they actually would be seen as in public opinion during a real trial.

The post wrap movie was actually very compelling and Aaron Paul was great in it.

And the prequel is arguably better than Breaking Bad itself.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Breaking Bad is definitely top 3 series of all time.

Agree with Khane Khane that BCS might be better due to focus on slow burn character development over action