Breaking Bad

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
God damn, makes me want to rewatch from the start.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
My fav show of all time , just wish hank didn’t die he got such a rough ass ride throughout I would have liked to see him get his man in the end. Battling back to walking , back to DEA.

This show was better tho when it aired , more relevant real life things portrayed when Walt went bad. It made More sense back then when medical insurance was becoming truly a joke with HMOs , bank bailouts, Iraq /afghan wars, tech was booming and necessary careers (teaching) became untenable as far as $ to live , it was a time when large portion of the population could no longer recognize the “American dream” and veterans were coming back with ptsd from the fucked up wars we were in. I had much more empathy for Walt breaking bad back then , than after a recent rewatch now , I kinda hated him sooner and got annoyed with the ending. Still think seasons 2-4 are epic tho and some of best TV ever.
This was also the time when methanphetamine was a true epidemic and the cartels were warring intensely.

Last edited:

Fucker

Log Wizard
Its funny to listen to the opinions of this show after the fact.

Aaron Paul was great in his role, and he was arguably the only character that actually grew and changed for the better, even in spite of all the outside influence (Walter killing his girlfriend for instance). He was literally the only character in S3 that had anything resembling a conscience. Season 3 was so fucking hard to get through, but in hindsight it's an incredibly bold piece of TV history. Why would anyone in this world created by these writers be likeable? They are shithead murderers and drug dealers. This show is the only show other than The Wire that I've ever watched that didn't try to portray the characters for anything other than what they actually would be seen as in public opinion during a real trial.

The post wrap movie was actually very compelling and Aaron Paul was great in it.

And the prequel is arguably better than Breaking Bad itself.
He wasn't even going to be a regular character. They liked him so much, they wrote him into the show.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
training-day.gif

spronk

FPS noob

crazy to think about 2013/2014. We had back then

Breaking Bad
Game of Thrones
The Americans
Justified
Homeland
Mad Men
Parks & Rec
Boardwalk Empire
30 Rock
Veep
Its Always Sunny
Black Sails
True Detective
Fargo
Silicon Valley
Banshee

People still meme and talk about breaking bad but i rarely hear anyone ever talk about better call saul, even though I liked the show I doubt I'd ever rewatch it.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

Breaking Bad
Game of Thrones
The Americans
Justified
Homeland
Mad Men
Parks & Rec
Boardwalk Empire
30 Rock
Veep
Its Always Sunny
Black Sails
True Detective
Fargo
Silicon Valley
Banshee

People still meme and talk about breaking bad but i rarely hear anyone ever talk about better call saul, even though I liked the show I doubt I'd ever rewatch it.
that show started out about Saul but it became the Kim Wexler Show by the third season. thats not a knock against it, its just a fact. the actress playing Kim nailed every scene. Saul ended up being pretty shit and uninteresting in the later seasons. at least Walt went into Beast Mode in his show.

• 1Garbage

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
that show started out about Saul but it became the Kim Wexler Show by the third season. thats not a knock against it, its just a fact. the actress playing Kim nailed every scene. Saul ended up being pretty shit and uninteresting in the later seasons. at least Walt went into Beast Mode in his show.
Interesting I thought it became the gus fring show. I much preferred the first few season with the plot with his brother then the drug stuff

Fucker

Log Wizard

Breaking Bad
Game of Thrones
The Americans
Justified
Homeland
Mad Men
Parks & Rec
Boardwalk Empire
30 Rock
Veep
Its Always Sunny
Black Sails
True Detective
Fargo
Silicon Valley
Banshee

In 2023 we have:

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Interesting I thought it became the gus fring show. I much preferred the first few season with the plot with his brother then the drug stuff
i didnt care about the drug stuff either. that whole shit with Mexican Superman, Lalo was super dumb. nah. the best story was the legal stuff and Kim took over a lot of it with her heel turn and collaborating with Saul on his scams. the Saul and Chuck stuff was super great. but after he was gone, Saul really had nothing to play off of. Howard was too much of a nice guy to be any kind of antagonist. he was actually a really decent person and Saul was a piece of shit for trying to take him down.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
i didnt care about the drug stuff either. that whole shit with Mexican Superman, Lalo was super dumb. nah. the best story was the legal stuff and Kim took over a lot of it with her heel turn and collaborating with Saul on his scams. the Saul and Chuck stuff was super great. but after he was gone, Saul really had nothing to play off of. Howard was too much of a nice guy to be any kind of antagonist. he was actually a really decent person and Saul was a piece of shit for trying to take him down.
He didn't try to take him down...he got him killed!

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>

Same here. I liked "Better Call Saul" quite a bit but I could never get on board with people saying it was better or even as good as Breaking Bad.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Same here. I liked "Better Call Saul" quite a bit but I could never get on board with people saying it was better or even as good as Breaking Bad.

different programs altogether. BCS was much more character focused and slower paced. Remarkable they made 6 seasons just out of his backstory and a few quotes/references in BB.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Sorry to bump but holy shit this made me fucking die. ☠️

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users