Breaking Bad

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Nearly through season 3. Heisenberg is a persona. It gasses two dudes in the first episode. Chokes out a guy in the second to last episode of the first season. Leads Jesse to shoot someone when he can't fire a rifle at damn near point blank. Hank ends up killing the guy in a shootout.

Hank is definitely the moral center. He's smart, intuitive, but also insanely naive and overlooks the simplest of connections. Makes sense. Justice is blind.

But Walt himself is also basically a passenger in the story. He's dead before episode one. He's lost in life before the show even started with the separation from the Grey Matter business that resulted in his cancer. His first kid is a gimp. Wife might as well had been cheating long before she actually does, and his original love left him for his business partner. His life was long forfeit.

And yet, he cares, and does so many dumb things to involve Jesse and protect him. His protégé. Trainee. Benefactor. Son. Literally sacrifices his own family for him.

This, all before season 4. Didn't realize how much I missed in season 3. Hank taking bullets.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Finally got around to watching this. Really good and really unnecessary. Basically, Vince flexing. I'll take that over most of the diluted crap that's being pumped out these days.

The two welding guys talking to each other like they were cops...was that just for the audience? They didn't know Jesse was there. I'll have to watch the scene again, but I swear they were acting like it was a crime scene after they shut the door on the nosy neighbor.

I really like handgun shootouts in Breaking Bad are 90% misses even at close range. Can anyone comment as to how close to realistic this is?

EDIT: used wrong tags to hide spoilers, not sure if chaos chaos or anyone else really cares

NYPD has a 37% hit rate at close range, 23% at long range. It drops a lot in an actual firefight, where people shoot back. (For the NYPD it drops to under 20%).

In the actual military, thousands of bullets are fired per hit, typically because the ranges are so extreme and they use suppressing fire. But yeah, most gun fights end up being a lot of misses.

Last edited:

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
NYPD has a 37% hit rate at close range, 23% at long range. It drops a lot in an actual firefight, where people shoot back. (For the NYPD it drops to under 20%).

In the actual military, thousands of bullets are fired per miss, typically because the ranges are so extreme and they use suppressing fire. But yeah, most gun fights end up being a lot of misses.
Which is why getting shot by someone doing a 360 jump no scope headshot from 3 miles away in a video game is fucking stupid.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Which is why getting shot by someone doing a 360 jump no scope headshot from 3 miles away in a video game is fucking stupid.
You don't buy the game to be a mediocre shot though. I can go be mediocre at the gun range!

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
Binged through rewatch of breaking bad the last few weeks using the skyler rule (fast forward anytime skyler or marie are on screen) and forgot how much I enjoyed the show. Season 1 is not good, its amazing the show caught an audience, and of course the 3 episode story of flashback Gustavo Fring and poolside Don Eladio to revenge achieved Solid Snake Gus is one of the best mini stories told on TV, period. Still, the last season really ratcheted the tension constantly and I appreciate it more on rewatch.

I didn't love El Camino, it was interesting and Todd really was awesome, the scenes with Walt and Jane were fantastic and gave off a hug in a warm blanket feel. I kinda wanted more Badger and Skinny Pete, the entire welding subplot was meh and a bit too fantastical. The previews also showed cops interrogating Badger and Peter but that never happened, wonder if it was just promo stuff or cut scenes. El Camino definitely feels like a vanity project that didn't need to be made, it was fine watching it but it wasn't worth a rewatch of the entire show.

I kinda wonder now if Picard is gonna feel the same way

Last edited:
  • 1Like

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Finally finished this, it was awesome. Not sure why people feel the need to say that it was unnecessary. Like, no shit. It's a straight to Netflix fan service movie that knocked it out of the park.

I binged the whole final season in anticipation, and having done so my only gripe is Todd. Him being like 60+ lbs heavier was jarring in this context. I knew he put on some weight from that Black Mirror episode, but motherfucker hit the treadmill a little if you know you are gonna be doing this role again. He looked comically older and fatter compared to everyone else.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
This is the best movie Netflix has put out. In fact, it might be the only good movie Netflix has put out so far.

• 1Garbage

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Most of them are, I looked at a list just to doublecheck and found tons of good ones though. Gerald's Game, Beasts of No Nation, Always be my Maybe, Ballad of Buster Scruggs, Okja, Meyerwitz stories, 1922, Mudbound, lots of good ones. But, it is true, many many more terrible ones. Which is about par for the course for a network I'd say.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Most of them are, I looked at a list just to doublecheck and found tons of good ones though. Gerald's Game, Beasts of No Nation, Always be my Maybe, Ballad of Buster Scruggs, Okja, Meyerwitz stories, 1922, Mudbound, lots of good ones. But, it is true, many many more terrible ones. Which is about par for the course for a network I'd say.

Yeah, I did the same with a list. I filed most of those under mediocre or average though, falling short of being "good"

This was definitely in the top 3 movies they've made, quality-wise at least.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The King was great, and Siege of Jadotville was decent. But yeah, generally all their movies are mediocre or downright shit.

Haven't seen The King yet, forgot that was a Netflix original.

spronk

FPS noob
Finally finished this, it was awesome. Not sure why people feel the need to say that it was unnecessary. Like, no shit. It's a straight to Netflix fan service movie that knocked it out of the park.

I binged the whole final season in anticipation, and having done so my only gripe is Todd. Him being like 60+ lbs heavier was jarring in this context. I knew he put on some weight from that Black Mirror episode, but motherfucker hit the treadmill a little if you know you are gonna be doing this role again. He looked comically older and fatter compared to everyone else.

he was filming back to back that black mirror episode, a heavy guy in Vice, and a character in the Irishmen where he plays a heavy guy. El Camino was just sorta in the middle of it all so it wasn't realistic for him to get back to that weight, with how much he was in the movie a lot of it must have depended really just on him being able to show up in the middle of so much stuff.

He's in the upcoming Jungle Cruise movie and apparently is back to trim form. He's also married to Kirsten Dunst, i'm glad he's standing up for all us dad bods

Kirsten-Dunst-Jesse-Plemons.jpg

• 1Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
he was filming back to back that black mirror episode, a heavy guy in Vice, and a character in the Irishmen where he plays a heavy guy. El Camino was just sorta in the middle of it all so it wasn't realistic for him to get back to that weight, with how much he was in the movie a lot of it must have depended really just on him being able to show up in the middle of so much stuff.

He's in the upcoming Jungle Cruise movie and apparently is back to trim form. He's also married to Kirsten Dunst, i'm glad he's standing up for all us dad bods

Kirsten-Dunst-Jesse-Plemons.jpg
since when did Dunst have gazongas?

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I noticed that when she did a promo for her new show, suddenly she has some nice ass titties, I never knew.

• 1Like