Breaking Bad

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
To those saying it appears that Walt's cancer is gone during the flashforwards... if Walt goes into hiding would it not be just as likely he stopped taking chemo/shaving his head? Seems to me he might be just as cancer-ridden but has let his hair and beard grow out to blend in and doesn't give a fuck about chemo if he thinks he's about to go out in a blaze of glory with that machine gun.
At the beginning of the season, when Walt is at the Denny's, he's shown taking his medication in the bathroom. In last night's episode, he's dressed similarly (presumably, he headed to the house after breakfast) and his collar looks to be caked in vomit. That seems to indicate he's still suffering from cancer.

spronk

FPS noob
They did leave the Gus thing open as to why the cartel didn't kill him in the first place 20 years ago and how he knew he could walk straight towards a sniper and wouldn't get shot.

I also don't see how people know Heisenberg killed Gus.
There were two aspects of Cartel vs Gus. The first is the 20 year flashback, where Don Eladio killed Gus's partner (and possible lover) but not Gus, because "we know all about you" combined with hints of Gus being a general during the military dictatorship years of Chile (said in spanish during a phone convo with Salamanca). That has almost no blowback 20 years later though, the people involved must have moved on or died. Mike explains to Jesse in an earlier episode why Gus just walks around the sniper and why the Cartel won't kill him, but the rest of them are expendable - they want his massive distribution network which took 20 years to build up, its a perfect cover and far more profitable than anything the Cartel can put together in America. The terms for the Cartel were that they get 50% of all the money Gus makes AND he sends a chemist down to teach them how to make his better meth, but they will leave him in business. Gus manipulated everything to this end, since he wanted a meeting with all the bosses so he could assassinate them. A revenge plan that took 20 goddamn years to execute.

People know Heisenberg killed Gus because he keeps telling everyone, the Arizona guy said he thought the Cartel killed Gus, but Walt corrected him and said he did. I'm sure news of that spread eventually, just like the Jesse ATM machine kill (and the correction later).

Lenas

Trump's Staff
So, that theory that Walt takes different things from people he's killed?

rrr_img_40117.jpg

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
At the beginning of the season, when Walt is at the Denny's, he's shown taking his medication in the bathroom. In last night's episode, he's dressed similarly (presumably, he headed to the house after breakfast) and his collar looks to be caked in vomit. That seems to indicate he's still suffering from cancer.
Also of note, in the Talking Bad discussion after the show, Vince Gilligan specifically mentions that in their discussions with various doctors while doing research for the show, he learned that when people go through chemo for a second time, they often do not loose their hair.

Needless

Toe Sucker
So, that theory that Walt takes different things from people he's killed?

rrr_img_40117.jpg
Lets not forget he turned on the water faucet and knelt on a towel before he threw up.
See Gustavo poisoning the cartel.

He also does the whole "Business Professional" thing when Lydia comes to the car wash trying to get him to train her "guy".
See Walt confronting gus at his restaurant.

How buddy is hating on badger and pete is beyond me, that star trek shit was comedic gold

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
There were two aspects of Cartel vs Gus. The first is the 20 year flashback, where Don Eladio killed Gus's partner (and possible lover) but not Gus, because "we know all about you" combined with hints of Gus being a general during the military dictatorship years of Chile (said in spanish during a phone convo with Salamanca). That has almost no blowback 20 years later though, the people involved must have moved on or died. Mike explains to Jesse in an earlier episode why Gus just walks around the sniper and why the Cartel won't kill him, but the rest of them are expendable - they want his massive distribution network which took 20 years to build up, its a perfect cover and far more profitable than anything the Cartel can put together in America. The terms for the Cartel were that they get 50% of all the money Gus makes AND he sends a chemist down to teach them how to make his better meth, but they will leave him in business. Gus manipulated everything to this end, since he wanted a meeting with all the bosses so he could assassinate them. A revenge plan that took 20 goddamn years to execute.

People know Heisenberg killed Gus because he keeps telling everyone, the Arizona guy said he thought the Cartel killed Gus, but Walt corrected him and said he did. I'm sure news of that spread eventually, just like the Jesse ATM machine kill (and the correction later).
I knew that about the distribution, but figured it would also have something to do with them knowing who Gus was initially. Didn't pick up on the Chilean general thing though, so that probably explains that.

I also got the feeling the 'Say my name' guy had heard it was Heisenberg, but didn't know if he even really existed. Though I guess Jesse, Mike, and Saul knew so there's that too

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
To those saying it appears that Walt's cancer is gone during the flashforwards... if Walt goes into hiding would it not be just as likely he stopped taking chemo/shaving his head? Seems to me he might be just as cancer-ridden but has let his hair and beard grow out to blend in and doesn't give a fuck about chemo if he thinks he's about to go out in a blaze of glory with that machine gun.
First thing out of my buddies mouth at the very start was "Coughing? id his cancer back?", because he coughs when he walks into his house at the start, right before he see's the Heisenberg graffiti. At the time I went "I'm sure its just dusty or rank in there, looks like its been sealed up a while." but later in the episode I went "Well shit, I guess it is back."

sticktastic_sl

shitlord
Come on, that shit was hilarious. Star Trek episode about a pie eating contest? Scotty beaming the food out of his stomach and then accidentally beaming his insides into space is so damn ridiculous, and the stoners thinking it's so deep, you have to not have a soul to not find that funny
No, not really. I think druggies are dumb, be it actual stoned people, or people portraying them on tv. It's just ignorant rambling. Every party ive ever been to has "that guy" and he's never been funny. Ever. "OMG DOODZ IM SO HIGH LISTEN TO THIS DUMB SHIT I JUS THOUGHT OF LIKE OMGAWDZ WOW ITS SO INTENSE BRO"

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I thought Jesse was going to walk out and shoot badger in the head during that scene at first. It would have been awesome.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
First thing out of my buddies mouth at the very start was "Coughing? id his cancer back?", because he coughs when he walks into his house at the start, right before he see's the Heisenberg graffiti. At the time I went "I'm sure its just dusty or rank in there, looks like its been sealed up a while." but later in the episode I went "Well shit, I guess it is back."
He's going through chemo again in present day (I guess past?). The drug he was probably taking is ondansetron (Zofran).

spronk

FPS noob
No, not really. I think druggies are dumb, be it actual stoned people, or people portraying them on tv. It's just ignorant rambling. Every party ive ever been to has "that guy" and he's never been funny. Ever. "OMG DOODZ IM SO HIGH LISTEN TO THIS DUMB SHIT I JUS THOUGHT OF LIKE OMGAWDZ WOW ITS SO INTENSE BRO"
you must be really fun at parties

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
Lets not forget he turned on the water faucet and knelt on a towel before he threw up.

He also does the whole "Business Professional" thing when Lydia comes to the car wash trying to get him to train her "guy".
Lets not forget the way he arranges his birthday breakfast at the beginning of what, Season 5? Just like Skyler did for him the year before or the way he drinks his liquor now after he kills Mike.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider

How buddy is hating on badger and pete is beyond me, that star trek shit was comedic gold
Also remember the first flash forward from episode one of season 5 - walt taking on skyler's characteristics (making bday age out of bacon) - may mean he killed skylar at some point