Bullet Train (2022)

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Saw it tonight. Feels like a 7/10. I will probably watch it again and see if i like it more. Cast was off the chain and the cameos were crazy. It just felt a little off in a number of places. Sandra looked like she had a CGI face. She is scary looking with whatever she had done to her.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
that's the botox mask of youth, right there.
Im telling you, thats a gelfling.

1670642560975.png

1670642638648.png

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
You could call this movie super derivative. Or you could call it double distilled. I am going with the later. Is was a fun midnight Friday watch

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So Pulp Fiction, Speed(Sandra Bullock was even in it) and Kill Bill had a threesome.

This was a fun movie, even if anything to do with the train's physics were not accurate. I feel they missed a cute opportunity. Bullet Train as a title is a bit on the nose. I would have loved if they had scripted the other 25% of the movie to have had the Water Bottle be more of an influence and called the movie "The Water Bottle". They had the scene and so I have to believe I was not the only person to think about that idea. The cameos were incredible. The dialogue was entertaining enough to get through the slower portions of the movie. I can see why this would have made a descent movie to watch in the theater. Like Maverick, it has a lot of action and makes for a good popcorn flick. That being said, Maverick was better.

7.5/10

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
This was great.

All the "diversity" stuff actually made sense within the movie and didn't come off as woke.

Obviously, Maverick was better, but you can say that about 99.9% of movies

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
So the wife and I watched this today as a warm up to NFL. Heard great things about it and indeed lived up to those reviews. I/we really enjoyed it: As said earlier, one of the best of 2022 and surprised it didn't get more buzz. More Guy Ritchie than Guy Ritchie these days, although The Gentleman wasn't bad it wasn't Snatch, either. All of the "woke" stuff was just the therapy schtick part of Brad Pitt/Ladybug character.

All of the movie making/craft was really well done.

Unsurprised by the outcome but didn't figure it out too long ahead of time. Like Caliane my suspension of disbelief breakers related to the train at the end: punching out the glass, jumping out of the spoiler into the spoiler, surviving the spoiler without being turned into mush, etc. Lots of great actors and cameos; Aaron Taylor Johnson could certainly be Bond. Brad Pitt was awesome. Hiroyuki Sanada is amazing in everying. A little too long, just like this review but wrapped up nicely.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
that's the botox mask of youth, right there.
oh now this makes sense why her face looks so weird

The treatment involves the use of something called epidermal growth factors, or EGF for short, which are derived from stem cells taken from the discarded foreskins of newborn babies in Korea. EGF is said to help rejuvenate the skin, improve overall skin texture and correct discoloration. It’s also known for its ability to aid in wound healing.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Watched this again tonight. I really liked the movie the 2nd time around. It's a keeper.
I was just thinking of putting it on again or Den of Thieves, really would like a sequel to both movies.

Sucks when the characters that were good but obviously can't come back. I need to rewatch Die Hard 3, I want to say I liked it more than the original but it's been a while. Jeremy Irons was a great Villain to take Alan's place

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user