Butthurt white guys, an Asian virgin and an angry lesbian walk into a bar...

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Part of me is tempted. Part of me is terrified of what one of you assholes might get up to with that info. The group has a public Facebook group, and I want nothing to do with turning you guys loose on it.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
She should just resign too and walk away?
This. It sounds like there is nothing worth fighting for. If she really feels passionate about the work they were doing before it was ruined by the impurity of POCs, she should get together with all the other people who resigned and start a new group doing the same work, but keep the membership pure.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
She should just resign too and walk away?
Basically, her and two other board members (there was 12 at one point) went to the meeting in good faith, and got ambushed with accusations of gross mismanagement, systemic racism and so on. The main cross dressing sand American Inventor, pardon, transgender person of color even tried to get them to personally admit fault and liability. Like I said, she's concerned that they're going to come after her personally either through a lawsuit or some sort of tribunal. So yeah, she's certainly going to walk away. The organization can no longer function because most of the board has resigned, the director was fired, and their funding is being taken away. But she wants to talk to a lawyer before taking any further steps, because god knows what these fucks are capable of.

I don't think she actually does truly have much to worry about, but with who she's up against, covering her bases and doing due diligence is a good idea.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Some choice quotes (minutes were very poorly edited):

What's being made visible? Three white board memebers and what they were accountable for; staff of Outlink in doing funding support. We are listening to harm caused, worrying about white board members' liability distracts from the harms caused to people of color. This is a first step in increased transparency [responding to questions]; the people that filed the letter are already experiencing backlash in this meeting.
people of color here tonight have put themselves in danger because they know what dangers are present when sharing experiences with white people-there is risk.They haven't gone to the Human Rights Commission, but now they have a plan
The letter requested that [the Executive Director] be fired; that organizational restructuring be required to address systemic racism; that [organization] publicly acknowledge that they caused harm by delivering programs incompetently and that they do not have the capacity to deliver programs to people of color.
Community member - The board members should know that they have exposed themselves to liability. Board members don't know; recommend to board members not to speak; they know very little so they don't know what the liability is. They're here today answering questions in a public forum but they don't seem to know they are at risk.
[facilitator] -One is a legal issue and one is an accountability issue. This meeting is not about [the organization] moving forward; it's about accountability for [people of color program]. The purpose of the meeting is to avoid a legal proceeding.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Lol what liability are they trying to imply the group has?

Also maybe remove the group name?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The lawyer might also be able to say whether or not these impure people are criminally or civilly liable for things they've done in this whole mess.

iannis

Musty Nester
It sounds very much like she just needs to resign and walk away.

And next time, if she wants to do some good in the world (a noble sentiment) be cognizant of one of the big rules: Don't let the inmates run the asylum.

If her funding has already been pulled I don't see what she could POSSIBLY be liable for -- other than sinking the entire fucking ship on accident. But that's not a crime. It is Canada though. We joke... but is "being mean" actually a crime in Canada?

If not -- pull the ripcord. Wish them continued success against the adversity they face in the letter. They'll turn it into an impotent social club bitchfest (which they've already done) and the organization will last 2 more months. GG, MTF-POC, GG.

The only real harm that's been done is in denying potential future good works. It sounds like the money men already saw what happened. The trannies don't get to sue your friend because no one trusts them with money. She might not be, but you are a CIS WHITE MALE SHITLORD RICHIE RICH ABOOT. You know how that works.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I_sl said:
If her funding has already been pulled I don't see what she could POSSIBLY be liable for -- other than sinking the entire fucking ship on accident. But that's not a crime. It is Canada though. We joke... but is "being mean" actually a crime in Canada?
Unfortunately, yes. The laws and regulations on human rights tribunals have been dialed back from 11 to some extent, but they're still capable of some stupid shit. The main case that brought national attention to how idiotic tribunals can be was this one (MacLean's would be equivalent to Time):Human rights complaints against Maclean's magazine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Even though all the complaints were dismissed, it cost Maclean's hundreds of thousands of dollars to defend themselves, and one of the tribunals couldn't help but do a drive by smear of MacLean's even while it was dismissing the complaint:

The editors of Maclean's denounced the OHRC for its "zealous condemnation of their journalism" accusing them of "morphing out of their conciliatory roles to become crusaders working to reshape journalistic discourse in Canada." Maclean's alleged that Hall's press release was "a drive-by smear," and "perhaps the greatest disappointment in this whole saga." [20] The editors claimed that "[Hall] cited no evidence, considered no counter-arguments, and appointed herself prosecutor, judge and jury in one fell swoop. If we weren't tolerant and charitable people, we'd be calling for her resignation."[20]
Like I said, afterwards things were dialed back a bit. But god knows what these crazies might try to do. Shit, even one of the original complainants ended up being against the whole process in the end.

I don't truly believe that the crazy people my friend is up against will have the competency to actually go anywhere with either a legal suit or a tribunal. I read through their meeting minutes and a bunch of shit on Facebook last night, and it's almost comical how deranged they are. They fuckinghatewhite people. But apparently one of them is a university professor, and another has a PhD in something or another. So it's certainly possible that they might get somewhere, hence her wanting to exercise caution before running the fuck away from these people as fast as she can.

Here's some choice quotes about white people:

Why did it take so long to talk to the white facilitator for [POC sub-group], sitting in a queer people of colour group? When some group members had problems with another facilitator, who is a person of colour, [executive director] did let the other volunteers to step up and decide that that volunteer was not a good fit for the group. But when told about the problems the group members were having with the white facilitator being there, [executive director] suggested the board should be involved in a decision making and kept insisting that the white facilitator has done a lot for the queer community. No doubt the group values what the white facilitator has done in the initial days of the group, but having a white person in a room full of QPOC where all of them are talking about racism they all face, is just not excruciating but impossible at times. We fail to understand how the organization can take two different stands dealing with similar issues. This seems like a total act of racism.
Basically, the crazies wanted to expunge any and all white people from the POC group. Because all white people are racist, I guess.

Asking a Person OC to do the workshop and when they proposed specifically that they want to do an anti-racism workshop, insisting another white person should co-facilitate seemed strange, and felt the individual who proposed this wanted to police on two People OC who would be doing the workshop. This is not OK. If white people want to do anti-racism workshop and if that is what the organization wants, then they should not ask People OC at the first place to do it.
Whitey just wanted to look over our shoulder. We can't possibly discuss racism with white people present.

Crazy #2 [former staff] : What's being made visible? Three white board memebers and what they were accountable for; staff of Outlink in doing funding support. We are listening to harm caused, worrying about white board members' liability distracts from the harms caused to people of color. This is a first step in increased transparency [responding to questions]; the people that filed the letter are already experiencing backlash in this meeting.
Lead Crazy Person [facilitator]: people of color here tonight have put themselves in danger because they know what dangers are present when sharing experiences with white people-there is risk. They haven't gone to the Human Rights Commission, but now they have a plan
We have just spent the last couple hours vociferously attacking anyone who is white, to the point that one of them ran from the room crying while shouts of "run home and cry white boy" were directed at them (that was mentioned in the Facebook group), but we feel threatened by the further presence of whitey.

These people are fucking insane.

Lead Crazy Person: a group for people of color can't be run by someone who is white
Because that's not racist!

If you only hear the"rage" in this letter, and not the strength and community building, that is also problematic. We are enraged, because of the inaction of the organization and the community at large, but trying to dismiss the rage as not being productive and too emotional is part of the problem.
The circular logic is astounding. "We're just going to yell and scream at everyone and not offer productive solutions. If you raise any concern about it, then you're making the problem worse." The board, prior to the meeting, offered to bring several of these people on to the board, and they completely refused the opportunity. Because again, they don't want to find a solution. They just want to continue with their victim-hood.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
We have just spent the last couple hours vociferously attacking anyone who is white, to the point that one of them ran from the room crying while shouts of "run home and cry white boy" were directed at them (that was mentioned in the Facebook group), but we feel threatened by the further presence of whitey.

The circular logic is astounding. "We're just going to yell and scream at everyone and not offer productive solutions. If you raise any concern about it, then you're making the problem worse." The board, prior to the meeting, offered to bring several of these people on to the board, and they completely refused the opportunity. Because again, they don't want to find a solution. They just want to continue with their victim-hood.
Yeah, this is why the GG and this thread has grown so large; it has gotten absolutely insane. What used to be contained to a few specific departments in academia is spilling over into the real world. What you really do have to understand, Eomer--is these people have "made up" that it isn't racist for them to hate white people. Because racism is prejudice+power, so since whitey is in charge, theycan'tbe racist . This effectively gives them absolute power to discriminate and even hate your friend for just her skin color without the guilt of "racism", while simultaneously using that label on her for simply existing as part of the "white supremacist power structure".

And I wish I was exaggerating with any of this...In recent years that has been quite a few controversies at Teaching conventions and other high profile academic gatherings because spaces have been set up to exclude white people; and the above was the justification (IE it isn't racist because PoC can not be racist). I'd tell your friend not to worry. However, since someone in Canada, right now, is on trial (Criminal) for disagreeing with a Feminist on twitter, and has been barred from using the computer for years during the trial--and here is the kicker, the feminist even admits there were no direct threats or sexual harassment (But she FELT unsafe because he kept commenting on things she was interested in, you know, like things in politics? Yes I'm serious.)--I'd tell your friend to be really, really careful. The back lash against this new witch hunt hasn't been going on long enough to weed out the institutional bullshit yet, and they've got some reach. Just tell her to cover her bases and extricate herself very quickly, and whatever she does, cut off all contact with them. Don't even send them polite emails--because that be construed as threatening, because white people are monstrous and can threaten by their very existence, apparently.

In any case, as much as this sucks--this kind of stuff needs to start happening. People need to see the back lash against this isn't some reactionary MRA garbage, or even just from upset Gamers--this is becoming a pretty serious cancer, and needs to be dealt with. No one should feel they are justified in pre-judging people and hating them, and apparently Academia has made that very thing okay; as long as it is against the white supremacist (Especially male) majority.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think it's funny that Eomer never paid attention to any of the SJW bullshit when arguably the single most egregious example of SJW behavior is happening in Canada.

They're coming for your privilege shitlord!

khorum

Murder Apologist
Part of me is tempted. Part of me is terrified of what one of you assholes might get up to with that info. The group has a public Facebook group, and I want nothing to do with turning you guys loose on it.
If you haven't already, look into what intersectional SJW's did to the freethought movement with Atheism+. If you were ever curious why Richard Dawkins, Bill Maher and other prominent atheists are on the defensive from crazy radfems and dickchoppers, you should check that out. In fact, you could see the whole arc of the atheism+ fiasco in your friend's story.

Intersectionality fools progressives into thinking that shared-oppression lets them grow their constituencies to change the prevailing "standpoint" of any given polity, but conflict theory will always win out and the most disciplined, strident forces will always assume dominance. Once those POC-cadre get comfortable after usurping the white privilege in that group, they can't help but bring in LGTBTQ muslims who have been rendered dickchoppers because of American imperialism, then you'll be left with a fundraising arm for gay jihadists.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Intersectionality fools progressives into thinking that shared-oppression lets them grow their constituencies to change the prevailing "standpoint" of any given polity, but conflict theory will always win out and the most disciplined, strident forces will always assume dominance. Once those POC-cadre get comfortable after usurping the white privilege in that group, they can't help but bring in LGTBTQ muslims who have been rendered dickchoppers because of American imperialism, then you'll be left with a fundraising arm for gay jihadists.
I don't think I understand anything you said in this paragraph. And I'm pretty sure I don't want to.