Butthurt white guys, an Asian virgin and an angry lesbian walk into a bar...

khorum

Murder Apologist
I don't think I understand anything you said in this paragraph. And I'm pretty sure I don't want to.
Yeah you're probably right. They've invented an entirely imaginary vocabulary since intersectionality "revolutionized" gender studies. Then they say shit like "cisheteropatriarchy" completely unironically to explain howgamers are causing tranny suicides.

You can fight the good fight by gaming the google algorithm to point towards totally helpful sites on searches for their bullshit terms tho. Like when someone googles "phallonormative".

Caliane

Yeah you're probably right. They've invented an entirely imaginary vocabulary since intersectionality "revolutionized" gender studies. Then they say shit like "cisheteropatriarchy" completely unironically to explain howgamers are causing tranny suicides.

You can fight the good fight by gaming the google algorithm to point towards totally helpful sites on searches for their bullshit terms tho. Like when someone googles "phallonormative".
The Mary Sue in which she made a revelation that shocked white male dudebro culture to its core
white male dudebro culture.
Playing Metroid.

Metroid: A Sales History - VGChartz

Dudebro the game.
??? Call of Duty Franchise Game Sales Statistics | Statistic Brain

Dudebros do not play Metroid you fucking retards.
So completely out of touch.

It really bothers me that these people trying to act at cultural gatekeepers, do not even know or understand such a basic and long used phrase as dudebro.
It is the ANTITHESIS of a gamer.

khalid

Unelected Mod
From the first comment in response to that article
MIT Office of the Provost, Institutional Research

Total first-time, first-year (freshman) men who applied 12,765
Total first-time, first-year (freshman) women who applied 5,591

Total first-time, first-year (freshman) men who were admitted 740
Total first-time, first-year (freshman) women who were admitted 707

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

And? What does that demonstrate? It's just as likely that more underqualified men applied than any other explanation. We already know from job applications that men are more likely to apply for a position where they do not meet all of the listed requirements than women.

If anything, that could serve to reinforce the point.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I can't tell you how good it feels to be able to oppress minorities into failure merely by being a white man near them.
I can't tell you how good it feels to near conclusively demonstrate that gender differences in cognitive ability are mostly a social construct, IE: the entire argument that started my involvement in this thread.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
I can't tell you how good it feels to near conclusively demonstrate that gender differences in cognitive ability are mostly a social construct, IE: the entire argument that started my involvement in this thread.
You haven't proved anything. You're just a dumb girl.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, honestly none of this makes sense to me personally. I think I'm fucking awesome at every standardized test.

It'slifethat I think I suck at.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

Affirmative Action in action.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
2.3x more men apply for entrance yet the amount of men admitted is only 4.6% more?
And? What does that demonstrate? It's just as likely that more underqualified men applied than any other explanation. We already know from job applications that men are more likely to apply for a position where they do not meet all of the listed requirements than women.

If anything, that could serve to reinforce the point.
Already answered like 5 posts ago.

Use some fucking logic.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
So you don't know and are just taking your assumption as fact. The difference between you and Big P is what here?

Caliane

So you don't know and are just taking your assumption as fact. The difference between you and Big P is what here?
she has no obligation to prove a negative?

Correlation/causation..
In no way does that data cite a cause. Some posters here are suggesting AA is the cause. she is saying, no cause is given, and AA would be an unfounded assumption.
And cited an equally viable, but unfounded explanation as an example, that no cause is given.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Why should the NUMBER OF APPLICANTS be a metric for anything? Big P could apply to MIT if he wanted to. He's a moron so he'd have no shot of getting in, it has no effect on anything.

The only statistic that should matter are the number of people qualified to be accepted. If female freshman entrants to MIT were failing out after their first or second year in much higher numbers than the male students, aka: unqualified to be there and only there because of gender quotas, then there would be a point to be made. To my knowledge, that is not happening.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Just as likely that exactly the right number of male fuckups applied to end up with a near 50/50 entrance rate.