Butthurt white guys, an Asian virgin and an angry lesbian walk into a bar...

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Hah yeah, I still have yet to see anyone giving the name of a company that actually pays women $0.77 for $1.0 the men get paid for the same job. Talk about a good case to get sued.
I'm sure there are plenty. Just as there are women who are getting paid more than men for the same job. It all depends on where you live, what the job is, what the company's budget for hiring was, etc. A woman working as a site director in Vancouver is going to make a lot more than the man working the same title in Thunder Bay, Ontario.

I do know this, though. No HR in North America filters through the stack of CVs and writes on the lady's resume "WOMAN - WE CAN PAY HER LESS".

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Just out of curiosity, where did the name AIDS Skrillex come from? I take it Skrillex comes from his almost resemblance to the musician, but why AIDS? Or is it just because he looks like he has it?

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
What is pretty great with rabid feminists is how they constantly remind us we cannot understand what it is to be a woman and in the same breath they claim to totally know what it is to be a man.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
What is pretty great with rabid feminists is how they constantly remind us we cannot understand what it is to be a woman and in the same breath they claim to totally know what it is to be a man.
An increasing number of them used to be men, so maybe they do know! Then those same people bitch about how men have it so much better. Why the fuck did they switch then? And why are there so many more m->f than vice versa if being a woman is so fucking shitty. Fucking weird people.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Math question. If women get paid 0.77 for every 1.00 a man makes, wouldn't economics dictate that they all quit, find men, and have the men make more so they can do nothing and spend free money? They'd make 0.23 and have to do nothing for it!

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Math question. If women get paid 0.77 for every 1.00 a man makes, wouldn't economics dictate that they all quit, find men, and have the men make more so they can do nothing and spend free money? They'd make 0.23 and have to do nothing for it!
Better yet, wouldn't businesses just hire all women and instantly gain 23% in salary savings?! Granted, your company would probably fall apart, so the juice might not be worth the squeeze.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
dplfZx.png

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
An increasing number of them used to be men, so maybe they do know! Then those same people bitch about how men have it so much better. Why the fuck did they switch then? And why are there so many more m->f than vice verse of being a woman is so fucking shitty. Fucking weird people.
Was a great book about a lesbian who dressed up as a man and lived as a male for a few months, professional make up (Beard ect), voice coaching ect, whole 9 yards. Was fairly convincing (But most of the friends he made assumed 'he' was probably gay.) This lady was full on super-feminist stereotype lesbian 'butch'.

Watching her view point radically shift on how she thought men were 'privileged', to sympathizing with their plight and realizing they face a ton of adversity that is essentially ignored was priceless. She discussed all the things men just take in stride, like the fact that women, in general, are extremely rude because they assume every interaction is someone trying to hit on them. She went on to talk about just how much it affected her, the way women treated her when they weren't interested in her, like she was less than garbage (Like they purposely tried to pretend she wasn't there). She went on to admit that she had always assumed men had the power sexually, but her view took a 180 and she realized women have all the power, and often are pretty vicious about displaying it. (Which is why the whole idea of rape culture is hilarious, and illustrates how skewed ideological thinking can alter empirical reality. Yes men do the cat calls, and are the active agent in terms of trying sexual contact, but in the same way a lawyer is the active party in a court room, women are the judge, action doesn't always mean power--women hold the power.)

Then when she hung out around guys, she realized that many social interactions among men are strained because of the stigma of men being able to be emotional (Everyone says it's okay to express your emotions, but if a man gets too angry, or sad, people around avoid or get scared, there is a huge amount of social pressure for men to keep their shit in check--obviously an adult male is taken a little more seriously when they are unhinged, and thus men really need to bottle that shit up, which she found made life a lot harder because no one knew when she was hurting or upset.)

She also said she started getting the massive difference in sexuality, seeing how many times men don't even really enjoy the desire for sex--it's simply something they need, like eating or drinking. She said it looked exhausting, and depressing, especially because they were vilified for it--they couldn't be emotional with it due to the stigma against emotions. So in essence male sexuality is more pressing, and more physical, but it's also policed just as much as female sexuality (Just in a very different way). She ended up hating strip clubs because of it, despite being a lesbian.

Really great book. Title is "Self Made Man"--at the end of it she had a nervous break down, in part due to the identity shift, but also she said being a man is just miserable (And if you complain about it, it's still one of the few acceptable reasons to bully someone. Think of male tears mugs ect.)

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
She went on to admit that she had always assumed men had the power sexually, but her view took a 180 and she realized women have all the power, and often are pretty vicious about displaying it. (Which is why the whole idea of rape culture is hilarious, and illustrates how skewed ideological thinking can alter empirical reality. Yes men do the cat calls, and are the active agent in terms of trying sexual contact, but in the same way a lawyer is the active party in a court room, women are the judge, action doesn't always mean power--women hold the power.)
I've actually asked some hardcore feminists about this and the general response was that because men see women as less than human, are aggressive and manipulative at best and rapists at worst, female "power" doesn't mean anything because men will just take what they want. The analogy I got was, "Women are deer and men are hunters. The hunter wants to get the meat. Does the fact that the hunter doesn't have anything the deer wants mean the deer has the power?"

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
I've actually asked some hardcore feminists about this and the general response was that because men see women as less than human, are aggressive and manipulative at best and rapists at worst, female "power" doesn't mean anything because men will just take what they want. The analogy I got was, "Women are deer and men are hunters. The hunter wants to get the meat. Does the fact that the hunter doesn't have anything the deer wants mean the deer has the power?"
They are right, if things get too fucked up we can always take the power back. Since we are bigger stronger faster we can always take the power back. When push comes to shove, we are the gender who died by the millions in World Wars. If the world really wants to revert back to Mongol Rape/pillage hordes, nobody gives a shit about "privilege" when 20% of the worlds population is wiped out by axes and arrows and 40% of procreation is Rape Based.

This is not an endorsement of violence. This is a reminder of our collective history of how bad things can get. Equality is Equality and the wage gap is a fucking myth.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
This rationale only makes sense if men rape women anytime anytime they want. Which, ok, I know that might be what some feminists believe, but it is utterly untrue.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, I'd be surprised if I'm even raping 20% of the times I want.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
This rationale only makes sense if men rape women anytime anytime they want. Which, ok, I know that might be what some feminists believe, but it is utterly untrue.
Is this the explanation for the massive expansion of rape definition lately?

Manspreading? Rape.
Disagreeing with a gender studies major? Rape.
Not wanting sex with a transginger? Rape.
Being a fucking white male? Rape.

See, now we're all rapists and their argument stands.