Butthurt white guys, an Asian virgin and an angry lesbian walk into a bar...

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Or Endgame for feminism is when females are dominant in society, equality is a false god. Feminists never protest to make more female lumberjacks, it's always cushy jobs.

khalid

Unelected Mod
So where's the fucking champagne?
I don't think we are at full equal opportunity for equal aptitude. I think for the most part we are, and the imbalance is very often on both sides. It also depends on what part of the country you are from as far as how much social pressure you feel to conform to gender roles for jobs, child-rearing, etc.

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
Endgame for feminism is when we have equal opportunity for equal aptitude and we aren't having social pressures push people out of things they are interested in based on their sex.
OK so taking that example. Currently most field offer equal opportunity for equal aptitude. In those fields I really see a fair bit of the same behavior men used for power. Such as hiring other women because of comfort. Promoting based on criteria women value and have more aptitude in such as socializing and empathizing.
In fields more traditionally male such as lumberjacking or firemen, they have made them lower the physical standards IE weakened the requirements so they can be met.
The first is just a net gain in power. The second makes us worse not better.

khalid

Unelected Mod
OK so taking that example. Currently most field offer equal opportunity for equal aptitude. In those fields I really see a fair bit of the same behavior men used for power. Such as hiring other women because of comfort. Promoting based on criteria women value and have more aptitude in such as socializing and empathizing.
Promoting on socializing and empathizing could make sense in many professions. Again, equal opportunity for equal aptitude. However, if its in a job where those don't really matter or become the sole criteria, then that is wrong.

In fields more traditionally male such as lumberjacking or firemen, they have made them lower the physical standards IE weakened the requirements so they can be met.
The first is just a net gain in power. The second makes us worse not better.
I'm not going to defend lowering standards in general. If those standards aren't necessary or have been imposed simply to make it all-men, then I think that should change. Certainly physical standards for some jobs make alot of sense. My one problem with the "lowering standards" argument is I have seen it applied to police, but I constantly see hugely obese police that I can't believe actually meet any sort of physical standards. So, if they are fair and reasonable, yes, leave them the fuck alone.

On this subject I often hear that "well, can't a 4'10" woman firefighter at least do SOME jobs?". Well sure, but that means that she is only capable of those "non-physical" jobs. I think this is a problem.

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
Promoting on socializing and empathizing could make sense in many professions. Again, equal opportunity for equal aptitude. However, if its in a job where those don't really matter or become the sole criteria, then that is wrong.

I'm not going to defend lowering standards in general. If those standards aren't necessary or have been imposed simply to make it all-men, then I think that should change. Certainly physical standards for some jobs make alot of sense. My one problem with the "lowering standards" argument is I have seen it applied to police, but I constantly see hugely obese police that I can't believe actually meet any sort of physical standards. So, if they are fair and reasonable, yes, leave them the fuck alone.

On this subject I often hear that "well, can't a 4'10" woman firefighter at least do SOME jobs?". Well sure, but that means that she is only capable of those "non-physical" jobs. I think this is a problem.
I think we are on very similar pages. These are just fine details of the equality argument. I think time makes the fine adjustments and people are impatient and want to force those adjustments.

The problem with activists though is they need something to fight for. So they constantly see a new objective and lose objectivity. Look at Europe and especially Sweden as good examples of what the next push in American feminism is going to be. Its a straight up power grab and men are "cucking " their way right into a true loss of rights.

khalid

Unelected Mod
The problem with activists though is they need something to fight for. So they constantly see a new objective and lose objectivity. Look at Europe and especially Sweden as good examples of what the next push in American feminism is going to be. Its a straight up power grab and men are "cucking " their way right into a true loss of rights.
I think there is a serious overcorrection problem with feminism and yes, they have a motivation to find it everywhere. Queue Anita Sarkeesian "everything is sexist, blah blah".

For example, in the hiring that I am involved in right now, we had to send our list of candidates to get approved by this EO group. They aren't mathematics professors, they aren't computer science professors, they aren't science professors period. They couldn't understand the first paragraph of any of our papers or the material that we teach. They have no way to judge the candidates we are sending them. What possible useful input could they provide?

In point of fact, the only thing they did is send us back asking why we didn't pick one candidate to interview, even though that person was by far the least qualified candidate of them all. Its a joke.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Feminism seems to mean: Women and men are equal, except when women are better. Also we don't want to pay for dinner or drinks. Kill that spider for me.

Honestly I live in a hyper liberal area and in my experience most people who identify as feminist are pretty reasonable and like traditional men. Meaning masculine, hold the door, pay for dinner, assertive, decisive, but respectful. The ones who are militant end up with a guy they can totally walk over at all times.

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
Feminism seems to mean: Women and men are equal, except when women are better. Also we don't want to pay for dinner or drinks. Kill that spider for me.

Honestly I live in a hyper liberal area and in my experience most people who identify as feminist are pretty reasonable and like traditional men. Meaning masculine, hold the door, pay for dinner, assertive, decisive, but respectful. The ones who are militant end up with a guy they can totally walk over at all times.
Yeah same boat here. I'd say me and my wife fall into that category as well. She expects a certain level of chivalry.

Fedor

<Banned>
Sargon of Akkad caused media shitstorm. He is a man famous for refusing to rape somebody. : KotakuInAction

[Drama] Jess Phillips MP is angry that Twitter won't ban Sargon for not wanting to rape her : KotakuInAction

JS71421553.jpg