Buying a car?

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
They do have a metric fuckton of cup holders in the new version, at least the one I got. There are 2-3 down to my left, same thing on the front passenger side, and I think 3-4 for each passenger in back.
I sold my 2011 Ram last week. Do they still have that "cup holder" in the driver side door that's theexactsize of a beer bottle?

I had no problems with my Ram but I wanted something really different and I got a 370z. I'll put a picture up here as soon as I find my card reader.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bros, it was a joke.

But truck wise it would be a Ford for me, for sure. 900K a year cant be wrong.
Just bought a 2014 grand jeep Cherokee and the thing is amazing! Plus it gets great reviews from consumer reports and cnet lol.

Get this.. I traded in my 2008 dodge ram big horn that I paid 18k in 08 for(enterprise truck and my friend wholesales them) and I got them to give me 17.5k lol. Sweet value.

Anyway f150 are nice but I drive a lot of fords for work and they are falling apart after about 50k. Not sure wtf is up

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Went to look at a truck yesterday and said fuck it. Finally fulfilled a life long dream I've had of owning a truck, pretty damn excited!

rrr_img_23476.jpg
rrr_img_23477.jpg
rrr_img_23478.jpg
How many inches your penis grow?

rrr_img_23476.jpg

rrr_img_23477.jpg

rrr_img_23478.jpg

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I'm surprised by the Audi hate here. They really are amazing cars on par with their BMW and MB counterparts, but less costly.

Siliconemelons

Just bought a 2014 grand jeep Cherokee and the thing is amazing! Plus it gets great reviews from consumer reports and cnet lol.

Get this.. I traded in my 2008 dodge ram big horn that I paid 18k in 08 for(enterprise truck and my friend wholesales them) and I got them to give me 17.5k lol. Sweet value.

Anyway f150 are nice but I drive a lot of fords for work and they are falling apart after about 50k. Not sure wtf is up
I had a 2001 2nd gen grand cherokee - when I was shopping for a new crossover/suv they just came out with the 3rd gen grand cherokees... omg what a pile a huge step down in everything- room, style, comfort, power (and thats from my i6 lol) fit and finish where terri-bad... then they came out with the 4th Gen (current is a facelisted 4th) and WOW the things are insnaely nice and they finally have a good power house now with the pentastar- I checked one out (2013) when I was looking at a durango for my 3rd row kid-needs.

Gratz on the jeep! I heard they may come out with a Grand Wagoneer - aka a Jeep branded Durango

Siliconemelons

We are going for an Acadia this weekend. Well at least to look. We figure brand new is the way to go since money is so cheap now, and honestly to get a decent car that's not a cash car clunker, it's just about as much with nothing less than 50k miles. But ugh! I've loved not having payments
frown.png

Anybody have an opinion on Acadia or GMC as a whole? Right now we have a 2009 Dodge and it's ok but getting a bit long in the tooth mile wise (85k) so we want to cash in while we can still get something out of it. I really want to get something and just drive the wheels off of it, but the wheels need to wait until at least 150k miles before they start to loosen
smile.png
sorry doubble post..

I liked the Arcadia and Enclave and its lesser friend Treverse- the facelift they got this year is a HUGE improvement on the inside- its bearable- the Saturn and Buick versions had the best interior before the facelift- but now even the chevvy is nice... in the end we chose a van over a 3rd row crossover- but others to take a look at deff would be the Nissan Pathfinder and the Dodge Durango to go up vs to the GM triplets.

And if you need the room, check out the quad pack of vans, Dodge-Honda-Toyota-Nissan for me at the time they where cheaper than their 3rd row crossover equivelents, bigger and better MPGs- and my Quest drives alot like my Murano.

frown.png

smile.png

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah those 2 Nissans, the Pathfinder and the Infinity JX35 are really fucking nice. Even though I work for them, I find most Nissans fucking ugly, its so hit and miss with them, but with those 2 crossovers I think they hit it out of the ballpark. BTW those 2 vehicles were actually the first to be entirely designed and engineered, and manufactured here in the states.

BTW, we are working on the next iteration of the Maxima, right now. Set to release in 2015.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I'm surprised by the Audi hate here. They really are amazing cars on par with their BMW and MB counterparts, but less costly.
I haven't really looked at them lately, but I don't agree that they're less costly in terms of purchase price. When I was looking at buying a car in late 2008 it came down to either a 335xi or an S5. The S5 was 10k more expensive, if memory serves. Granted, it's not directly comparable to the 3-series, but it's fairly close. The S4 was closer, but you can't get them in a coupe.

I don't hate Audis personally, but I think they're a half step behind BMW for the most part. And there is only one dealership here, and they are quite possibly the most hated and vilified dealer in the entire city.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not to rain on your parade by any stretch but 85k is not long in the tooth by any stretch these days in terms of miles. Cars aren't made like they used to be where they shit out at 125k miles. But yeah for trade in, you're gonna see some major depreciation soon if that's what you're referring to.

There is a guy at work here who has a 2012 Acadia and really enjoys it, but hopefully you can get the wife to the Traverse to save a few bones.
That is my main reason for saying that, yes, is the trade in value as we know we want to get rid of it. However, the reason we want to get rid of it is because according to many of our mechanic friends, Dodge vans tend to start taking major dumps around 100k miles. While it most likely wouldn't be anything major they'd probably be multiple repairs that cost a couple hundred here and couple hundred there. Could they be wrong? Probably. But if they are right we will have a money pit that isn't worth crap for us to trade in on so we are just gambling on the side of caution.

And to add to that I really want to get a car that does last in those ranges. I know it's very possible if you take care of a vehicle well enough, that you can get upwards to 200k miles on one if not more.

Siliconemelons

Yeah those 2 Nissans, the Pathfinder and the Infinity JX35 are really fucking nice. Even though I work for them, I find most Nissans fucking ugly, its so hit and miss with them, but with those 2 crossovers I think they hit it out of the ballpark. BTW those 2 vehicles were actually the first to be entirely designed and engineered, and manufactured here in the states.

BTW, we are working on the next iteration of the Maxima, right now. Set to release in 2015.
This may sound retarded but.. ever since I got my Murano and now my Quest I have been a Nissan convert and really would love to work for them, even if it was sales...

The Pathfinder is nice, the steering wheel is too small imo...but...you can tell its passable for men and "good!" to woman- every JX I have seen on the road is driven by a woman- and every EX ...

The Murano is Nissan shining example of their forward thinking design aspects... now EVERY damn crossover looks like a murano... yet when it came out it was bashed from every review mag etc- Nissan design you LOVE IT or HATE IT... I am kinda sad the next gen Murano will be made here- I like their Japan made cars as they have great ratings- however they really are doing good on their US based ones also.

Put Infinity interior in the GT-R, tune it somewhere between the non-launch and the pressthisbuttonatyourtransmisionsdispair - launch mode- slant the grill a wee bit, deepen the hoods profile to the upper intakes- make the taillights modern and call it the Infinity Skyline and watch the money poor in as fast as you can make the fuckers.

Edit: I cant wait for the next gen Murano and Maxima however... I want to get my wife a Maxima in a few years.

jeydax

Death and Taxes
My last vehicle was a Nissan and I had ZERO issues with it. I think they're a pretty underrated brand. One of my buddy's at work just got a 2012 Murano from a relative about a month ago and he says it is one of the quietest/smoothest rides he's been in.

Siliconemelons

My last vehicle was a Nissan and I had ZERO issues with it. I think they're a pretty underrated brand. One of my buddy's at work just got a 2012 Murano from a relative about a month ago and he says it is one of the quietest/smoothest rides he's been in.
They are underrated imo, while shopping for the quest I was asking how the new Altima's where selling- they said very well... Nissan is trying to be 2nd and overtake Honda- as Toyota is imo at apple levels of blind loyalty... Nissans biggest fault to me atm is their lag with in cabin technology- I have a SL so I have Bluetooth but not streaming audio Bluetooth as that is LE only, yet the SV Altima and Sentra and Rouge and even VERSA I think has it... it would take a damn software update - nothing more... they should offer software updates to keep their tech up to date... tech is cheap now and this is where Nissan imo is still playing catch up... Honda with their standard Bluetooth Pandora etc on their stuff is setting a bar to this is what the new basic is...it is the new am/fm...

Also every review I have read from any site/mag for a Nissan is as follows

The _____ is a great car/suv/truck, its outside looks are a gamble - you either love them or not. I hate CVTs because I hate CVTs yet after their 3rd-4th gen all response issues have been resolved but I still hate CVTs. Comfortable interior, handles well falls into the middle/upperish MPGs for its segment- interior fit and finish are top notch and shows great reliability in our long-term test drives... So buy a Toyota because its a Toyota.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I haven't really looked at them lately, but I don't agree that they're less costly in terms of purchase price. When I was looking at buying a car in late 2008 it came down to either a 335xi or an S5. The S5 was 10k more expensive, if memory serves. Granted, it's not directly comparable to the 3-series, but it's fairly close. The S4 was closer, but you can't get them in a coupe.

I don't hate Audis personally, but I think they're a half step behind BMW for the most part. And there is only one dealership here, and they are quite possibly the most hated and vilified dealer in the entire city.
Few things, first that was 5 years ago. Audis have improved a lot recently while BMWs have improved at a slower pace. And an S5 to a 335xi are two completely different types of vehicles. One's a sporty car while the other is a small sedan with a somewhat sporty engine. The A4 is more on par with the 300 series.