Buying a car?

jeydax

Death and Taxes
Went to look at a truck yesterday and said fuck it. Finally fulfilled a life long dream I've had of owning a truck, pretty damn excited!

rrr_img_23476.jpg
rrr_img_23477.jpg
rrr_img_23478.jpg

rrr_img_23476.jpg

rrr_img_23477.jpg

rrr_img_23478.jpg

jeydax

Death and Taxes
Meh, everyone has their opinions on brands. I love the truck so far and I'm happy with the decision.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
How's that Fusion for leg room? I'm like 6' 4" so trying to find a car for a tall guy like me that doesn't have my nuts hugging the wheel.

A couple other recommendations from reports were the Sonata and the Altima.
You may want to look into boxcars.

Siliconemelons

How's that Fusion for leg room? I'm like 6' 4" so trying to find a car for a tall guy like me that doesn't have my nuts hugging the wheel.

I am 6' 8" - while my Nissan Quest was in for them to fix a dent that was there when I bought it-- anywho I was given a 2013 Nissan Altima SV as a loaner- I had it for about 3 full days and a hour and a half back n forth trip with the thing and it was quite a comfortable car- had some decent pickup on the 2.5 with the modern CVT - it was comfortable to drive in a longer trip and stop-and-go around town- nice MPG on the thing if you drive it normaly etc- so on that I would say its deff worth a test drive or atleast a test- sit...thats how I start buying cars "hi I just need to sit in the thing..."

Silence_sl

shitlord
Meh, everyone has their opinions on brands. I love the truck so far and I'm happy with the decision.
Yeah, I'm not a brand evangelist, either. I looked at the Ram only because of its excellent engine, and was seriously impressed with everything else. I test drove a 2500 Mega with Cummins, and was pretty much sold on the spot. They loaned me a 2500 Mega w/Cummins for the night. I went back the next morning and ordered one. Ram makes some pretty damned good stuff these days.

Friend of mine just bought a Toyota V8 of some kind...and he was ribbing me about getting a RAM. I told him my truck has 425 lb/ft more torques than his (825 vs 400), and has a genuine cargo capacity of near as makes no difference...2700 LBS more than his, and he shut right up.

Mine only cost $1k more then his toy hauler.

Drew

Molten Core Raider

I'm 6'2". I've mostly owned compacts so my experience with the Fusion has been good. For the first time going all the way back in the seat actually allows my knees to straighten enough so they aren't hitting the steering wheel.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
You may want to look into boxcars.
Hehe being of similar height I went for one of the box cars a kia soul. Really liking my soul had way more optional extras than the fords that were 5k more expensive and it is the roomiest driver seat area of any car I have ever owned. My knees/head hit nothing with plenty of room to spare.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
We are going for an Acadia this weekend. Well at least to look. We figure brand new is the way to go since money is so cheap now, and honestly to get a decent car that's not a cash car clunker, it's just about as much with nothing less than 50k miles. But ugh! I've loved not having payments
frown.png

Anybody have an opinion on Acadia or GMC as a whole? Right now we have a 2009 Dodge and it's ok but getting a bit long in the tooth mile wise (85k) so we want to cash in while we can still get something out of it. I really want to get something and just drive the wheels off of it, but the wheels need to wait until at least 150k miles before they start to loosen
smile.png

frown.png

smile.png

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The gmc acadia is like the same thing as a chevy traverse, but the chevy traverse is cheaper. Just different trim.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yea I saw that, unfortunately I'm about as whipped as they come and the wife is not real crazy about the Traverse's looks compared to the Acadia. Hopefully a test drive can dissuade that (The dealer has both).

jeydax

Death and Taxes
Not to rain on your parade by any stretch but 85k is not long in the tooth by any stretch these days in terms of miles. Cars aren't made like they used to be where they shit out at 125k miles. But yeah for trade in, you're gonna see some major depreciation soon if that's what you're referring to.

There is a guy at work here who has a 2012 Acadia and really enjoys it, but hopefully you can get the wife to the Traverse to save a few bones.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
My Ram's got 140k on it, still runs pretty awesome.

They really changed the interior quite a bit with the removal of the manual transmission option. My cup holders are below seat level, which I'm a big fan of because it leads to less upholstery cleaning.

Is that one 4wd? Is it push button or something? I don't see the shifter for that.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Bought my Honda on Jan1st and I've already put 11k miles on it. Still doesn't feel broken in yet.

jeydax

Death and Taxes
My Ram's got 140k on it, still runs pretty awesome.

They really changed the interior quite a bit with the removal of the manual transmission option. My cup holders are below seat level, which I'm a big fan of because it leads to less upholstery cleaning.

Is that one 4wd? Is it push button or something? I don't see the shifter for that.
I fucking love it so far. I'm glad I waited until one with the center console shifter showed up, I really really love how they have the interior laid out. Yeah it is a 4WD, you nuts? Anyone who drives a 2wd truck in Minnesota has to be a little off their rocker. The switch for the 4WD is here:http://i.imgur.com/5rMObxA.jpg. It is just a little knob that you turn.

They do have a metric fuckton of cup holders in the new version, at least the one I got. There are 2-3 down to my left, same thing on the front passenger side, and I think 3-4 for each passenger in back.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
I fucking love it so far. I'm glad I waited until one with the center console shifter showed up, I really really love how they have the interior laid out. Yeah it is a 4WD, you nuts? Anyone who drives a 2wd truck in Minnesota has to be a little off their rocker. The switch for the 4WD is here:http://i.imgur.com/5rMObxA.jpg. It is just a little knob that you turn.

They do have a metric fuckton of cup holders in the new version, at least the one I got. There are 2-3 down to my left, same thing on the front passenger side, and I think 3-4 for each passenger in back.
Ugh, leery about that. Lemme know how that goes
smile.png

Call me old fashioned, but I like the shifter lever. The 4x4 dash light stopped working years ago, but I physically know which configuration I'm driving in anyway. That knob and the push button kind just seem like it's too easy to not function correctly.

Hootie

Silver Knight of the Realm
Nice truck, too bad its a Chysler.
I will probably never, ever have a car as reliable as the Chrysler i have owned the last ten years. Currently most automakers make good reliable cars, it depends more on the model and the year made. Throw in a little luck as well.

Do i think Chrysler is the best car company? Hell no! I think that i just did my research and bought a model that had a very reliable engine and was also at the end of its cycle so it had all the bugs worked out of it already.

Now as far as trucks go if i were to buy one today the Ram would be at the top of my list. It would be on Toyota, GM and Ford to convince me otherwise.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Bros, it was a joke.

But truck wise it would be a Ford for me, for sure. 900K a year cant be wrong.