Call of Duty 2020: Black Ops Cold War

Xevy

Log Wizard
So played it 10+ matches last night. It got better but was basically only enjoyable AFTER you got your loadout. Landing is hectic as with only 40ish people it's still way too small of a map. Lotta Z-axis bullshit. The ground guns are probably the worst I've seen and it seems to be rife with sniper rifles, pistols, and shotguns. All you need in this mode is a good SMG but there aren't any that I'd even consider decent. If you manage to survive long enough to get your loadout and your team is with you it can be fun for the last 1/3 of the game as you have to work together and check your angles like it's Tarkov or something, but it all comes down to dead silence MP5 type shenanigans.

It can be fun, but for the most part it's just buttfuckery. The meta is to send two guys at a team, hope they wipe 3 people and if not some one rats them back. That's poor design even though I love the idea of some sort of respawn system.

Haven't tested the CW guns in Warzone yet, but people are saying certain ones like the M16 and Stoner just outclass everything WZ has to offer. The M16 can single burst some one to death with headshots and is a guaranteed two-burst kill. Stoner is like the best part of every LMG from WZ, but with mobility almost on par with the Bruen and no downside. The CW MP5 has an uglier ironsight, but supposedly has faster TTK which is absurd as the MP5 is the meta in Warzone already (excluding the R9-0 fire doof doof which is complete dogshit).

Overall initial impressions are it's a bit of a let down. I think the regular BR with Jugg fixes (they removed them) and a R9-0 nerf will still be the way to go. I love me some Armored Royale/Zombies/ and was fragging hard in Kingslayer yesterday, but we're at the whim of the revolving event schedule for those.

And in case you didn't know in these modes where you auto-spawn you get either 50% or 66% damage reduction while parachuting in. You can test it by parachuting in next to gas, watching how much it hits you for, then landing, walking into the gas and watching it chunk you instead of tickle. This is why it's generally hard as fuck to shoot people out of parachutes in these game modes and can take nearly a whole clip to do 150 damage. HOWEVER, if you're falling and you toggle your parachute off and back on, you lose the damage reduction. So if some dude's trying to quickfall across the map and you track him you can blaap his ass no problem when he re-chutes.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Okay, which one of you was this?

Also new game mode is meh, actually been leveling up Cold War guns in Plunder with people without multiplayer. Plunder is usually complete shit, but it's really fun if you just land on the train and try to hold it the whole time. In some games you're just CONSTANTLY assaulted by marauders with cars and helicopters and shit. It's pretty fun. And when you lose it it's back up to you to fucking catch up to the train and deploy your boys from your car. Also cars that hit the train mostly explode instantly.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Lol that dude was mad

god I wish I recorded today. I swear I killed the guy you killed. He screamed “ WHERE are my Reinforcements???” Haha milsim guy

Last edited:

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah can’t figure out which one I like more. Type 63 is faster ttk but pretty shitty at range while DMR14 seems nice at range. Went toe to toe with a M13 (fully kitted) vs my type 63 lvl 7 so I guess I deserved to lose that fight at 100 meters.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I'm just Mac and Cheezin everyone like everyone else. I fucking hate Metas in BRs. Definitely been fucked up by DMR's a few times though. Leveled the Stoner up a bit and it sucks dick. I think their warzone stats on the guns are incorrect. The PKM seems to hit much harder and kill faster even though the Stoner is supposed to be superior.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm just Mac and Cheezin everyone like everyone else. I fucking hate Metas in BRs. Definitely been fucked up by DMR's a few times though. Leveled the Stoner up a bit and it sucks dick. I think their warzone stats on the guns are incorrect. The PKM seems to hit much harder and kill faster even though the Stoner is supposed to be superior.
stoner isn't great

Xevy

Log Wizard
Consensus is MAC10 is the only good CW gun in WZ
MAC10 isn't even from CW, it's purely from battlepass. I think there's some CW shit that can be figured out, especially in their custom attachment types, but it may be another week before they REALLY know. The testers and the pros aren't the same people. The pros just latch on to whatever they say is best at the time. Mac10 definitely needs a range nerf. Each headshot does 40 damage and you can shoot 6 bullets faster than probably any other gun.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So personally for me I like the DMR. I hate the new CW scopes but the 3x on the DMR isn’t bad. I just got called a cheater wrecking some guy with a kilo at about 60m. It wasn’t even close.

type 63 seems like the prenerf fal but I’m more a long Range guy

Terial

Trakanon Raider
I keep seeing vids of Prop Hunt yet i can't find it anywhere in this game... I've read it's rotational? Or is it in now and it's just in a weird spot (not looking to create my own match)

Xevy

Log Wizard
I've currently got a ban notice on a player for 3 out of 4 of the last days. I ran into another hacker (at least) yesterday. Expecting one more when I log in!

The DMR/Mac10 meta is wearing me down. I've leveled the Mac10 and am almost done with DMR, but man, fuck that. I'd rather they just have a similar TTK on multiple AR's with damage/recoil variation like they should've.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Which one of you politics thread refugees kid is this? Playing character named George Floyd, probably not a hair on his grapes, talking shit and trying to edgelord.

Death voice is the only reason this game is enjoyable right now. One of the worst BR's over all, but huge population and at least I get to hear people throw their controllers and cry into their doritos bags.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Which one of you politics thread refugees kid is this? Playing character named George Floyd, probably not a hair on his grapes, talking shit and trying to edgelord.

Death voice is the only reason this game is enjoyable right now. One of the worst BR's over all, but huge population and at least I get to hear people throw their controllers and cry into their doritos bags.

You run into some real winners

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So I’ve got this coming in the mail from GameFly. Is this still bricking PS5’s?

spronk

FPS noob
So I’ve got this coming in the mail from GameFly. Is this still bricking PS5’s?

been playing a few games of nuketown 24x7 on PS5 every week since launch no issues at all. i haven't played through the campaign yet though, it seems cool but not much interest. Multiplayer is pretty boring compared to modern warfare

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
Probably close to 15 hackers in plunder today. Not even exaggerating. Absolutely ridiculous. I've just been playing Plunder to level guns with people who don't have MP because FUCK the actual BR if there's this many cheaters in PLUNDER for fucks sake. Hackers are usually worse in WZ a week or two after big patches because they can more easily bypass cheat detection or whatever, but this is the worse I've seen it. The sad part is with DMR meta you can't even tell 100% if they're using their $59.99 bought skills or it's Timmy hitting Left Trigger and Right Trigger and letting the poor people aimbot do work for him. Just snap boom boom boom dead. Over and over. Mac10's are annoying but thinking they're any different than MP5 meta outside maybe ammo capacity is naive. The DMR however needs at least 50% less fire rate or 50% less damage. The former will make it a better more controllable FAL, but the latter will just make it a useless gun no one will want to 8 hit with on a 40 clip.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The DMR will become worthless if they mess with it too much. Which they will.

Last edited: