Call of Duty: Black Ops 3

spronk

FPS noob
pretty cool live action commercial playing on TVs now. game is out friday nov 6th

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
What were the reactions in the beta? This is Treyarch and can get it for $40 on GMG so actually tempted by this. Turned off by the fact that I'm busy all weekend and FO4 comes out Tuesday though....

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Did not like at all personally - first CoD i am not buying. Tired of all the futuristic shooters and further increasing the overall pace of the game.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
I wasn't planning on playing it, but a friend told me the other day he wants to try it out. He's only played battlefield. I figured why not now since the last CoD I bought was Bops2. I'm also curious if anyone has input or if its just more of the same, which I'm fine with since its been so long since I have played CoD.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Be careful with saying "more of the same"

The maps have gotten smaller and the time to death/time to kill has shrunk as well. It's extremely fast paced. So yes, it is more of the same, but it is a little different than BOPS2. Plus suits.

That said, I enjoyed Advanced Warfare enough on my PS4 for those nights when you want to game but you don't want to think. Getting this as my free game next week to play with the brother in laws. Not super psyched or anything, but it's a fun game to play for a bit.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'll pick it up eventually. I love the mindless single players.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I grabbed it, I haven't bought a CoD since MW 1 and there's quite a bit of positive feedback around it already. Plus 33% off pre-order is cheaper than it will be on sale for for probably years :p

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
What were the reactions in the beta? This is Treyarch and can get it for $40 on GMG so actually tempted by this. Turned off by the fact that I'm busy all weekend and FO4 comes out Tuesday though....
Reactions have been very positive. Better than usual Treyarch positive. Many who felt robbed by AW are back to preorder this one (marketing zombies), making it the most preorderd COD ever.

spronk

FPS noob
vghLL.png

mine is arriving tomorrow on ps4, will play for a while and have fun no doubt. i will miss kevin spacey tho, his dead eyes in the last game really creeped me the fuck out

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Still longing for a MW2 remake! However with Overwatch coming to consoles hopefully soon i can rid my friends of their desire to play this PoS.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I got two hardened editions ordered for the kids. Its all they are taking about. In fact my yonger son woke me up this morning talking about how bummed he was that the streamers are all playing it right now and he cant. He was truly upset. But yeah, that cycle up there someone posted is the absolute truth. I see my kids following that pattern to the tee. The only one they didnt really like was ghosts.

Ill probably go to the midnight release and surprise them in the morning with it and make their entire day at school terrible waiting to get home. LOL.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea I saw streamers playing it, are they just in different regions/using VPN to unlock it or what? I've got my key but it's still locked to pre-load

spronk

FPS noob
Yea I saw streamers playing it, are they just in different regions/using VPN to unlock it or what? I've got my key but it's still locked to pre-load
nowadays publishers cater to popular streamers hardcore, giving them advance copies and free shit and copies to give away to their viewers. In fact for COD right now they brought in a big stream team to the dev teams HQ to stream for 72 hours non stop, they are donating all the money they raise to help vets so its pretty cool. This stream alone has over 50k viewers right now and there are two or three others with about the same
Twitch

nowadays publishers cater to popular streamers hardcore, giving them advance copies and free shit and copies to give away to their viewers. In fact for COD right now they brought in a big stream team to the dev teams HQ to stream for 72 hours non stop, they are donating all the money they raise to help vets so its pretty cool. This stream alone has over 50k viewers right now and there are two or three others with about the same
Twitch
That is true but all my friends in Australia and Asia were playing for a full 24 hours already, we are a day ahead.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Watched this on streams last night, it looks like the maps are even smaller than AW. Didn't even think that was possible.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So went to the midnight opening at my local gamestop. 120 sweaty ass nerds it was surreal.