Call of Duty Black Ops 4

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

spronk

FPS noob
The 2018 edition of COD will be Black Ops 4, and will be coming to regular platforms AND Nintendo Switch (!). It will be boots on the ground and set in modern times, so dialed back a bit from BO3 (future weird cyber shit) and Infinite Warfare (far future).

Sources: This year's COD is Call of Duty: Black Ops 4

The switch news is kinda crazy, it will be a third party doing the port but should be the definitive answer to how do multiplats sell on the switch.

Trey Arch is doing the release, Activision has 3 studios working on Call of Duty and each studio is up at bat every third year. Treyarch (BO1 - 3), Sledgehammer (Advanced Warfare, WW2) and Infinity Ward (MW3, Ghosts)

Some day my dream crossover Die Hard and Call of Duty game will be made

6Dd3s8H.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
My kids are still loyal. I think my 13 yr old still even plays BO2 with his buddies.

spronk

FPS noob
confirmed by activision today, COD 2018 will be Black Ops 4
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is coming from Treyarch this year, Activision confirms

i still play a few mins of COD WW2 every day on PS4, its just fun mindless shoot guns at shit and get some loot boxes vidya gamin. first one in a while though I haven't bought any DLC or anything, but i'll probably go all in on BO4 since I like modern day warfare setting a lot.

the pc version will also apparently be on battle.net but i really don't recommend ever buying a call of duty game on PC, the playerbase dies too fast

spronk

FPS noob

that'd be kinda insane if true, that they cut out the SP campaign but are putting in a new battle royale mode. No problem with BR mode, that'd be kinda fun, but fuck you if you want me to pay $59.99 and you won't toss in a SP campaign. You know what that is, thats a f2p or $20 game, not full msrp.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
lol @ blops "IIII". Hopefully 5 just throws a diagonal slash across it.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

that'd be kinda insane if true, that they cut out the SP campaign but are putting in a new battle royale mode. No problem with BR mode, that'd be kinda fun, but fuck you if you want me to pay $59.99 and you won't toss in a SP campaign. You know what that is, thats a f2p or $20 game, not full msrp.

Tons of games put in single player only and charge 60$. I don't think Battlefield had single player for a while either. In fact, most of the good games coming out (triple A and otherwise) have been single player only. I'd gladly pay 60$ for a good multiplayer only game. Sadly I doubt COD will be that game.

But that statement is asinine.

spronk

FPS noob
- no single player campaign
- new battle royale mode "blackout", light on details but pulls in stuff from every call of duty black ops and zombie game
- 3 launch zombie games i think
- will be available on battle.net (no steam?) and going hard in on making PC mode great - 4k, dedicated servers, HDR, etc
- boots on the ground, no jet packs, no wall running
- "pre order now and get access to the private beta"

zero actual gameplay of battle royale mode makes me kinda think its not going to be a launch feature

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
If its not 100 ppl i dont see the point, that map is super large and CoD has always been super gay on not allowing more than 6v6 so im wondering just how they plan to fuck up the gamemode

spronk

FPS noob
twitch guys are streaming the beta, i haven't gotten a beta code yet but its supposed to go up on ps4 tomorrow at 10am PST. Dr Disrespect is streaming now, just started watching i don't think he is playing the battle royale mode yet

spronk

FPS noob
just got my beta code in email, downloading now on PS4 its a 18 gig download. Apparently this weeks beta is only multiplayer small mode, next month is battle royale

spronk

FPS noob
Played a few games today morning, man the game feels pretty goddamn good. TTK is extremely high for a COD game, probably the highest in the last decade or so. Movement and visuals all look fantastic, its boots on the ground no jetpacks or flying. Not really sure about class and gun variety, haven't really had a chance to mess around with that stuff. Its still 100% a COD game which means its all about close quarter combat, tight hallways, small maps, and getting shot in the ass just when you are building a good streak but so far this is feeling like a really good iteration of it. Unfortunately the battle royale mode isn't beta'ing until Sept, but so far I am pretty much on the side of pre ordering digitally because I think this will definitely get me to switch from playing a few games of WW2 every day.

I'd still only play on console and not PC, the PC playerbase tends to die out very fast and you usually face a much higher skill base whereas on consoles you have a lot of retards playing so its not too hard doing decent. One nice option, auto mute team chat is in options now.

• 1Barf

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
If the HC selection is weak ill still not buy this - I need HC CTF or something to keep me in it - they always seem to cut out the shit i want after a few months and im left wishing i didnt spend the money (actually i dont, gameshare FTW!)

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
beta only has regular control, domination, SnD, and TDM but no HC mode but its pretty safe to assume that'll be in, WW2 has a pretty good HC play list thats fairly active on PS4, at least for TDM - I usually play 3-4 games a week for contracts or to fuck around with new guns, its easier I find in HC due to 1 shot kill rules. Don't really see why BO4 wouldn't be good HC wise, BO3 was really good. Again tho on ps4/xb1, the playerbase on PC is far too small after 2 weeks for HC to be fun.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
beta only has regular control, domination, SnD, and TDM but no HC mode but its pretty safe to assume that'll be in, WW2 has a pretty good HC play list thats fairly active on PS4, at least for TDM - I usually play 3-4 games a week for contracts or to fuck around with new guns, its easier I find in HC due to 1 shot kill rules. Don't really see why BO4 wouldn't be good HC wise, BO3 was really good. Again tho on ps4/xb1, the playerbase on PC is far too small after 2 weeks for HC to be fun.

Got a free copy of this from a buddy who gets em free as an employee but has no interest in the cod franchise. It's the first one i've felt I might enjoy in awhile but it's still CoD. Hyper close quarters glorified deathmatch with what's available in the beta/early access. I mainly want to see how the BR mode plays out. However, He kind of confirmed my concerns that it may not be as grand as PUBG in scale just because apparently the engine just isn't designed for that level of scale maps.

Sadly it looks like they haven't even updated the engine graphically for a few games now. Maps feel smaller and smaller even compared to MW/MW2 etc. But still the gunplay feels a bit better than some of the last ones I've tried so maybe with diff modes I won't feel too disappointed sucking up a key, but so far, I'm glad I didn't have to pay for it.

Stave

Potato del Grande
Played the beta yesterday from Battle.net just for the hell of it. I played previous CoD's, but this one just felt - janky? The engine seems different and not graphically streamlined at all. Some spots look great, while others look like PS3 level graphics, and thats maxed on PC. FPS is all over the place with dips at the weirdest times. And it just feels clunky compared to other mainstream FPS now days. After games like Titanfall, Overwatch, etc, this just feels so basic. Their class system is confusing as hell. I assume they are trying to do some cross between Overwatch and R6 Siege, but you pick your character, then you also pick your class or some shit on top of your character, but they don't really explain any of it at all. Just confusing. It took me like an hour just to figure out how to change guns. I thought picking your character was your class. But no, you have to get to level 5, unlock create a class, then make your class loadout, then tie it to the character in game... wtf.

I will wait to see if battle royale mode is any good, but at this point, unless it's amazing, I just don't see how I can justify $60 for it. I was probably one of the few people that actually enjoyed and looked forward to the single-player campaigns. Overwatch, which is one of the best multiplayer only fps now days, was $40 if I remember right, and free maps/characters and support. CoD is already putting out a season pass for new maps.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I played this, and it legit felt like they just pulled lanes out of other maps and stitched them together into "new" maps. On top of that it was core and quite possibly the worse core experience ive ever played. The heal is super lame, the abilities to increase armor and health further the artificial feel of shooting others with 4-6 hit markers. In any case this went from a hopeful CoD to another pass unless HC has 0 healing and CTF.