Call of Duty Black Ops 4

spronk

FPS noob

beta starts in 4 days on PS4

the trailer makes it look squad based only, hope it supports solo players. map looks pretty cool though

its apparently 80 man, 1 big map, has vehicles, and even zombies (why)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
watching doc and Tim play this and it actually looks ok. They are really digging how it feels apparently which is refreshing to hear. Again glad I got it for free, but looking forward to trying the BR mode when it lands on PC for testing.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

beta starts in 4 days on PS4

the trailer makes it look squad based only, hope it supports solo players. map looks pretty cool though

its apparently 80 man, 1 big map, has vehicles, and even zombies (why)

That looked pretty sweet actually. I like how there is an in game Nuketown population counter that was going down. haha :)

spronk

FPS noob
played a few games on PS4, its really great. seems to be 60 fps which is nice. You have 8 (4m/4f) faces per character and I think 4 or 5 characters (have to earn XP they are level based) that are specific to blackout mode (seperate from your MP loadouts), can't personalize anything but face right now but I assume more options will be in release.

Nice thing is you can queue as solo, duos, or 4s and fill team or queue solo for any of them, all exactly like pubg/fortnite. The map is huge and fantastic, it incorporates all the black ops maps so a lot of fun areas, vehicles, verticality, etc. Gun play and movement is really nice, feels exactly like COD. I really like Fortnite on PC but the building thing is a bit over my skill gap, so this fits that Battle Royale itch perfectly on consoles. I bet the PC version will be even smoother but I'm not sure about playing CODs on PC, every one to date has died player base wise quickly unlike console which stay active forever.

Pretty sure this is gonna be an easy buy for me at launch. Only flaws in beta so far me are crashes and game server disconnects a few times. Definitely going digital though since it feels like a game I'll want to jump in and play a bit a few times a week.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
played a few games on PS4, its really great. seems to be 60 fps which is nice. You have 8 (4m/4f) faces per character and I think 4 or 5 characters (have to earn XP they are level based) that are specific to blackout mode (seperate from your MP loadouts), can't personalize anything but face right now but I assume more options will be in release.

Nice thing is you can queue as solo, duos, or 4s and fill team or queue solo for any of them, all exactly like pubg/fortnite. The map is huge and fantastic, it incorporates all the black ops maps so a lot of fun areas, vehicles, verticality, etc. Gun play and movement is really nice, feels exactly like COD. I really like Fortnite on PC but the building thing is a bit over my skill gap, so this fits that Battle Royale itch perfectly on consoles. I bet the PC version will be even smoother but I'm not sure about playing CODs on PC, every one to date has died player base wise quickly unlike console which stay active forever.

Pretty sure this is gonna be an easy buy for me at launch. Only flaws in beta so far me are crashes and game server disconnects a few times. Definitely going digital though since it feels like a game I'll want to jump in and play a bit a few times a week.

I feel with BR getting as many positive reactions as it is, especially from big PC BR players like Doc, it wont die like past PC cods. at least not as fast.

• 1Like

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Wanna give this a try, can you still do the whole "pre order through Amazon, get the code, and cancel" thing?

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Started watching Doc and Shroud when I got home from work. Looks pretty great TBH, might end up snagging it for PC when it comes out though I don't know how I feel paying full price for just the BR mode since I know I won't touch anything else.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah this is going to absolutely murder BF5.

watching streams, was just thinking the exact same thing... never in my life would I be saying cod looks 1000x better than bf

fucking bizarro world.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Definitely could kill off PUBG, BF5, and everything that isn't Fortnite.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Definitely could kill off PUBG, BF5, and everything that isn't Fortnite.

it really bottles the mind

cod "well BG is pretty big let's put some effort into putting an awesome BG into our ginormous FPS IP"

bf "well BG is pretty big let's hurrr durrrrrrrrr our IP into the ground :) :) :)"

Fadaar

That guy
My only legit worry is Activision being faggots and paywalling new maps for BR. I expect this game to be the most successful CoD on PC in years but the PC market is much more fickle about being nickeled and dimed.

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Looks like a COD4 version of PUBG and from what I'm watching on Lirik's stream it runs pretty well unlike PUBG. I am pretty surprised at how big the map is.

• 1Like

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Looks like a COD4 version of PUBG and from what I'm watching on Lirik's stream it runs pretty well unlike PUBG. I am pretty surprised at how big the map is.

The map size is what amazes me too. I think doc has a theory it's a different engine, and I wonder too. Felt like CoD maps have been getting smaller and smaller over the years, and maintaining the same engine so it can look/run smooth in those smaller areas. So props for them making the large map play so damned well. I just hope there isn't some shortcuts they took that become apparent to pull it off that might be more noticeable on PC than they are on console.

But im still stoked to give it a shot, especially since I paid nothing for my key. I wasn't impressed by the testing a few weeks ago cause it was typical cod stuff, but this I'm feeling i might get hooked on.

Only gripe I am seeing so far is gun sounds. One thing I like to give pubg a lot of credit for is I like the gun play/sounds. Feels like they always did a really solid job, esp on sniper rifles. But meh, guess cod can run off of the futuristic guns and ride that excuse.

spronk

FPS noob
i'll probably end up double dipping on PS4 and PC, a few friends play a lot of COD on PS4. unfortunately unlike fortnite COD firewalls all the platforms so you can't even share levels, costumes, etc between platforms

haha got a chicken dinner on my 3d game grass crawling like a mofo and only 2 kills lol. i got 3 xp for kills/win, 10 xp to go from level 1 to 2 so its a pretty weird leveling curve

Llm8wso.jpg

Last edited:

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Shit, I can't believe I'm going to play a CoD game.

• 1Like