Call of Duty Black Ops 4

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

spronk

FPS noob
activision really getting pretty scumbag-y with the latest stuff, they now sell weapon skins in the black market for $20 and no way to earn them in game. WW2 was great, you could earn everything just playing and you could gamble by buying loot boxes but if you played a few hours a week there was absolutely no need at all, you could get everything through play and fairly easily.

BOPS4 is completely different, there isn't a whole lot of ways to earn in game stuff and the biggest things seem to be totally locked behind microTX. Pretty annoying and its really turning a lot of people off the game, in addition to the usual bugs, balance issues, etc.

too bad EA is so utterly incompetent, if they had released a decent battle royale game and put in all the progression stuff they have learned from battlefront 2 they could have been sitting pretty now but of course they are six months behind everyone on everything.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
$20 isn't a "micro" transaction. $10 for a bundle of multiple skins or something could be considered a microTX but at some point around that amount it just becomes a plain transaction. Overpriced ones at that.

Cybsled

Their market offerings have been pretty lame thus far anyways for Blackout. I have 1.1k coins but no motivation to spend them yet lol

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah, all their items are lame, to be honest. Just enjoy the free battle pass stuffs. I don't know how normal people are doing, but I play like way too much (6-12 hours a day) and I'm like tier 160 with 30ish days left in the pass. So I'm thinking most people can get to 100-130ish by the end if they play 3ish hours a day and take advantage of double exp. They're shitting out double exp weekends constantly which I think is because their game is already losing momentum. They thought it'd crush PUBG (which it mostly did, but it was already really weak) and at least wound Fortnite (I honestly don't know if it did) and it's just not the juggernaut they thought it'd be. Luckily BFV looks marginal and until they release their BR I don't think CoD is in too much trouble.

Shit like new FREE maps and the Big Daddy event in blackout are cool, but I'm pretty sure most people don't even know about them. Big Daddy for instance was basically impossible solo and was just an invitation to be poached by other players. But if your squad took him down the 3-4 golden weapons, 2-3 trauma kits, and 2ish Tier 3 armors were WELL worth the investment.

I'd say don't give them any money (maybe the free 1100 they gave us, but even then) and save up until there's stuff that's actually worth it. Like unique character skins or blackout weapon skins or vehicle skins or whatever.

Here's your shitty Xevron clip of the day:

Watch out, I'm a squirter.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
There's a bunch of low-key bugs since the latest patch. Besides being caught in fucking toilets. This one was... unfortunate.

• 2Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Xevy

Log Wizard

Then I killed the last man with my iron sighted Outlaw. Then I died to some bullshit way later :)

One hacker today, Spitfire auto-aim bullshit. Camaronii was his name. Been cheating for weeks now.

Xevy

Log Wizard
What sniper bug? :)

SniperBug.png

Xevy

Log Wizard

Probably last one of these I'm spamming for a while. Ain't no Twitch highlights in softcore Path of Exile. :(

spronk

FPS noob
big new patch coming out today/tomorrow, i could play some of the new blackout stuff tonight like armor plating to repair armor (not sure how to apply it though) plus a new area in the blackout map, elevator at the dam, saw a couple of new weapons on the ground in blackout too

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Is the patch just for PS4 today or will it patch on the PC as well. Waiting a week is ass.

spronk

FPS noob
i have yet to play a single zombies game, for some reason the whole system of losing everything once you die just really bums me out

played a few rounds of MP and a few rounds of blackout. Great patch imo. They have more evenly spaced out rewards for the black market, 100 tiers and 69 days so you should easily be able to get all 100 even if you don't play every day (i hit tier 130 in the first one over 33 days). The drops look way, way better too not some janky ass halloween shit. There are 2 new MP maps (season pass only) that are good, one is pretty huge. A new class, Zero, that basically fucks up the enemies UAVs, sentries, radar, etc for a short while. A couple new weapons including an SMG but not sure how to unlock them in MP, found them in blackout as just regular drops.

Blackout has a lot of minor changes, new area on the map thats a ship. People have little red rockets as they drop so its super, super clear to see where everyone is going at the start. Armor plating drops to repair your armor (wonder when they will put in helmets). A couple new chars, including Reaper for season pass holders which is basically a cylon and awesome.

spronk

FPS noob
tomorrow's that time of year when a ton of noobs start flooding all the $$ FPS games

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
tomorrow's that time of year when a ton of noobs start flooding all the $$ FPS games

I'll be one of them! I've been playing BFV, but I got this yesterday for Xmas. It's my first CoD game!

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Two questions:

Thinking about picking this up for PC to play casually.

1) Where can I find it on the cheap right now or should I just wait? I saw it on GMG for $38.
2) Anyone have any experience streaming it to NVIDIA shield? Playable?

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I wish I'd skipped this. It's not bad, it just can't compete with everything else out there right now imo.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user