Call of Duty : Ghost

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was mostly joking
smile.png
Believe me, it is as much a phenomenon to me as it is to most. I don't understand it. I also think it was fucking hilarious the Activision exec got shit from people when he dared to say COD players were not "gamers". I think he hit the nail on the head. I don't think it has anything to do with intelligence. It is just that these people really, truly are not gamers.

Just because someone has the means to buy a Lamborgini, does not make them a car enthusiast or a racer. They might drive the thing every day, but if you asked them to look under the hood, they would say "that's what my mechanic is for". If you asked why they don't have an SUV for playing on the weekends, they would give you a puzzled look, almost to say, "what would I need that for?"

The COD gaming franchise has done a remarkable job capturing and keeping people who don't even know their new games are out till they see a TV commercial saying so. By and large, these are not people going to Game Trailers to check a review or keeping tabs on release dates through IGN. It is fast food gaming for the masses... and it works.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Picked up BF4 the other day and COD#123 will be here tomorrow in the mail, will be upgrading both when the ps4 comes to the door and will 96% only play those two games until the next playstation release.

I have liked every single cod and bf game so far and unless it's REALLY fucking bad, MAYBE I won't buy the next few, highly doubt it though. There's only 24 hours in a day and I sleep for 6, I enjoy killing little kids and assholes who bitch into the mic on FPS's and that's worth whatever the cost is for these games and xbox/ps4/wii/neogeo.

TXjohnny

<Bronze Donator>
Don't rush to get the PC version, it is terribly disappointing. The game (MP) looks terrible by today's standards. This would have been a good looking game 4+ years ago. There is something about the running animation that just feels off to me. There is no sense of weight, just a floatyness when I run. The maps I have played so far I liked, but the gameplay just has a blandness about it. I expected COD to take up most of my gaming time, as it consistently has in the past. I'll spend more time with it this week and hope that I discover something to hold my attention. After my second round, I kept thinking about how much more fun I was having in BF4.

Melicant

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That's just sad. After the last few years with Madden and seeing the same laziness I'm done giving EA my money. At least with this genre we have an alternative with the battlefield series. With Madden they bought exclusive rights as soon as the competition passed them by (2k series). They haven't even released anything other than edited highlights for the PS4 version of Madden yet, which is ridiculous this close to launch. They've had legacy issues going on over 4 years in the series that should be simple fixes that they don't even bother correcting because they know people are going to buy it because there really isn't another option.

At least this time around with COD reviewers are catching on as most PS4 COD reviews have been calling them out on the lack of innovation and advancement in the series. On the console side I'm finally starting to see more and more diehard COD fans switching to battlefield.

Bane_sl

shitlord
After 36+ hours of Multiplayer I can honestly say this game is garbage and a HUGE step back. Where to begin:

Maps:
-6 maps at launch? You're joking right. What a complete copout/scam to get people to buy DLC's. It instantly makes me hate the game when I am stuck playing the same map over and over 1 day into launch.

-Maps are TERRIBLY designed. WAY too much multi level stuff going on and the textures and colors of the map make it nearly impossible to differentiate the players from them. Not sure if this was their intention but I prefer games of skill as opposed to games of "SURPRISE MAP BUTTSEKX!"

-Their incessant determination to eliminate bottlenecks and "one-ways" has essentially turned every map into a giant arena where there is no way to hold any area. The few rounds of Domination and that CTF type style (forget the name atm) are literally just rotating "A is captured. We lost A! - B is captured. We lost B! - C is captured. We lost C!" over and over for 10 minutes until the game ends before points win out. There's something to be said about balancing spots that you can camp/defend and opening lines of site to EVERY intersection on the map.

Weapons:
Is every weapon the same in this game or is it just me? Every assault rifle is ridiculously overpowered. The starting gun is the best in the game and why do they give you Level 60 perks right out of the gate? What happened to working to earn that awesome weapon? The idea of being able to buy the best shit at Level 10 is fucking stupid and whoever thought of it needs to be fired asap. Remember in MW2/3 when you had to get to Level 55/60 to unlock the god mode AK47? Where's that sense of achievement and respect earned when someone kills you with it? The weapons are so diluted and undifferentiated that it makes them all seem like garbage. I mean shit, is it even possible to get the 10-12-15 kill Assault Streaks in this game? I've never seen anyone go on a run like that because every gun is a 2 shot kill from any distance. I remember when needing to shoot accurately was important. Not anymore. Just shoot and people fall over dead.

Squads:
What exactly is the incentive for me to unlock these 10 characters each with 6 loadouts? Honestly, do I really need 60 different possible builds and do you really expect me to manage them all? It's like 40 boxing WoW and running your own raid. I don't want to fucking be bothered with that. I play one character on 6 different maps. How many possible fucking builds does one person need access to? When it comes to end game in a week when everyone has everything unlocked there's only going to be 1-3 setups that will be paramount over all the others. Get rid of it! Simplicity is the key to these games and this overcomplication is an ugly fucking trend.

All that being said.. I am going to keep playing this hunk of trash because all my friends are playing it. I am thinking of giving BF a try as I have never played one of the FPS since BF1942 (which is still fucking awesome btw). We will see after another week or two of playing how I still feel about this game. They're a far cry from MW3 and I truly think they'll never live up to that caliber again because of this constant urge to "innovate"

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
After 36+ hours of Multiplayer I can honestly say this game is garbage and a HUGE step back. Where to begin:

Maps:
-6 maps at launch? You're joking right. What a complete copout/scam to get people to buy DLC's. It instantly makes me hate the game when I am stuck playing the same map over and over 1 day into launch.

-Maps are TERRIBLY designed. WAY too much multi level stuff going on and the textures and colors of the map make it nearly impossible to differentiate the players from them. Not sure if this was their intention but I prefer games of skill as opposed to games of "SURPRISE MAP BUTTSEKX!"

-Their incessant determination to eliminate bottlenecks and "one-ways" has essentially turned every map into a giant arena where there is no way to hold any area. The few rounds of Domination and that CTF type style (forget the name atm) are literally just rotating "A is captured. We lost A! - B is captured. We lost B! - C is captured. We lost C!" over and over for 10 minutes until the game ends before points win out. There's something to be said about balancing spots that you can camp/defend and opening lines of site to EVERY intersection on the map.

Weapons:
Is every weapon the same in this game or is it just me? Every assault rifle is ridiculously overpowered. The starting gun is the best in the game and why do they give you Level 60 perks right out of the gate? What happened to working to earn that awesome weapon? The idea of being able to buy the best shit at Level 10 is fucking stupid and whoever thought of it needs to be fired asap. Remember in MW2/3 when you had to get to Level 55/60 to unlock the god mode AK47? Where's that sense of achievement and respect earned when someone kills you with it? The weapons are so diluted and undifferentiated that it makes them all seem like garbage. I mean shit, is it even possible to get the 10-12-15 kill Assault Streaks in this game? I've never seen anyone go on a run like that because every gun is a 2 shot kill from any distance. I remember when needing to shoot accurately was important. Not anymore. Just shoot and people fall over dead.

Squads:
What exactly is the incentive for me to unlock these 10 characters each with 6 loadouts? Honestly, do I really need 60 different possible builds and do you really expect me to manage them all? It's like 40 boxing WoW and running your own raid. I don't want to fucking be bothered with that. I play one character on 6 different maps. How many possible fucking builds does one person need access to? When it comes to end game in a week when everyone has everything unlocked there's only going to be 1-3 setups that will be paramount over all the others. Get rid of it! Simplicity is the key to these games and this overcomplication is an ugly fucking trend.

All that being said.. I am going to keep playing this hunk of trash because all my friends are playing it. I am thinking of giving BF a try as I have never played one of the FPS since BF1942 (which is still fucking awesome btw). We will see after another week or two of playing how I still feel about this game. They're a far cry from MW3 and I truly think they'll never live up to that caliber again because of this constant urge to "innovate"
Holy shit bro, preach it!

This whole mantra of breaking down perks into multiple lesser perks, having every gun be good regardless of range, twenty different lines of sight to every spot on a map, instant re-spawn behind enemy lines, weakening of kill streaks with increased difficulty of obtaining. Fuck I could go on and on. I really miss MW1-3 or BO1.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Wow... EA takes rehashing to a new level
That's just sad. After the last few years with Madden and seeing the same laziness I'm done giving EA my money.
Are you guys idiots? I don't like EA much either but Call of Duty is published by Activision.

EA publishes Battlefield, and soon Titanfall.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

Maps:

Weapons:

Squads:

TDM in BF4 is pretty tits bro, come on over/

Tol_sl

shitlord
Sup all. I'm someone who has bought basically every cod because I consider it kind of the last great populated arcade shooter since Quake and UT fell off the map and tribes went to f2p grind bullshit. So I basically buy it every year and play it as an FFA game. I haven't regretted any of them really, but I hate everything about this installment and think it's by far the worst. I didn't like bo2 much but it was playable. This is probably my last CoD though.

Shotguns are neutered into abject uselessness ( shot one dude four times from behind and he didn't die, and then he whirled around and 2-hitted me with the MSBS full auto), the class/squad system is an annoying cluttered mess, the maps are huge while only allowing like 8 people on most, and the starter class basically throws a silenced gun with dead silence, silent takedown, and immunity to uavs at you from level 1. The giant maps and defacto-silence classes means the entire game is a bunch of assholes camping in clutter. I went TWO FUCKING MINUTES in an FFA game running around looking for people before someone sniper me across the map. No shit. 2 literal minutes. Even if you're generally forgiving of cod like I am, avoid this one like the plague. It plays more like a battlefield game, and who the fuck wants to play 8 player battlefield?

The squad system is double retarded because you unlock items individually on members but can't switch in-game. So if you unlock 3 sniper rifles and put them on your sniper character and want to use them, but you started a game as your assault rifle guy, too fucking bad since he doesn't have any sniper rifles and only has 4 loadouts unlocked anyway.

I know activision is greedy/lazy/the devil and all, but it blows my mind how fucking phoned in this game is. Also, it rewards you with money for doing dumb shit like teabagging people.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Like I said, MW1 was the last great COD game. MW2 could've been great, but it was the beginning of that steaming pile of shit you guys got today.

Can Activision do anything right or do they fuck everything up?