Call of Duty : Ghost

Toxxulian_sl

shitlord
Eh, people bitch because it's fun.

I've been playing and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I like that you don't have to be 50+ to get to the good stuff, if you know what you like you can pretty much get most of it right away or within a few hours of playing. Who the fuck thinks this is bad? Are you honestly playing these games for the leveling? Get the fuck out.

Bitching about some copied ending? Shut the fuck up and go play multiplayer like everyone else. They copied elements from the ending of a game to the beginning of another? No one cares. Like BF4 has a better campaign? Right. The levels in this game are pretty amazing, there is one that has too much shit going on that makes it difficult to tell where the enemy is. Tbh BF4 and this game aren't what we should have gotten, they both could be better. But out of the two, Ghost is the better FPS, hands down.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Well this is fucken disappointing I might buy BF 4 instead of this.
Lol. I remember how much you defended CoD back on FoH. Not trying to be a dick, just glad you have finally come around
smile.png

Tol_sl

shitlord
The maps are ok, but the number of people in the maps for me is not. Totally killed what I wanted out of the game, which was just a mindless arcade shooter TDM/FFA. I don't play shit like SnD because I have what I consider better games for those gametypes (counterstrike, BF). I was doing an FFA in that one level with the parking garage and I seriously went two minutes running around and I never saw anyone because they were either hiding in a remote corner or rocking dead silence/silencer/silent takedown. A lot of the FFA maps needed to be 12-14 people instead of 6-8. A lot of maps just feel horribly empty. I know FFA isn't really their focus, but it's pretty disappointing compared to older games. I feel like 90% of the FFA games time out and don't finish instead of getting to the 30 kill cap win. I've put about 8 hours in and I just am not feeling it at all. I don't "complain because it's fun", in fact I've liked literally every other cod I've played. I just hate a huge number of the design decisions in this one so far, and I'm not feeling it. Not saying it's a bad game, but it's definitely not what I expected or wanted.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Eh, people bitch because it's fun.

I've been playing and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I like that you don't have to be 50+ to get to the good stuff, if you know what you like you can pretty much get most of it right away or within a few hours of playing. Who the fuck thinks this is bad? Are you honestly playing these games for the leveling? Get the fuck out.

Bitching about some copied ending? Shut the fuck up and go play multiplayer like everyone else. They copied elements from the ending of a game to the beginning of another? No one cares. Like BF4 has a better campaign? Right. The levels in this game are pretty amazing, there is one that has too much shit going on that makes it difficult to tell where the enemy is. Tbh BF4 and this game aren't what we should have gotten, they both could be better. But out of the two, Ghost is the better FPS, hands down.
Stop pole smoking - the game is ass, have you seen the metacritic? 5 of my friends picked up at midnight and they have ALL of the others and they say this is worse by FAR - not even by a little. Its so bad that they are not even going to upgrade to the XB1 edition and just trade it in for AC4 on XB1.

Defend it all you want, just means the series will continue to get worse b/c faggots throw money at them.

DMK_sl

shitlord
Lol. I remember how much you defended CoD back on FoH. Not trying to be a dick, just glad you have finally come around
smile.png
Just shows I'm a pretty reasonable guy. I was a COD fan when they were still decent. It seems they've slowly declined in quality. In my opinion Titanfall is the next big thing for the FPS genre. I think Battlefield will continue to have a core following. I think activision are too busy trying to have as much profit margin as possible instead of paying the best and brightest to implement some new mechanics while staying true to the quality that was COD 4.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Only good thing I got out of this new CoD was the great Frank Sinatra song from one of the commercials.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Like I said, MW1 was the last great COD game. MW2 could've been great, but it was the beginning of that steaming pile of shit you guys got today.

Can Activision do anything right or do they fuck everything up?
the first Black Ops was good too

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
MW1 and WaW were both great, MW2 was decent, black ops was shit on pc (hai2u 3 months later and shit still isn't fixed + stealth bomber killstreak spam for the entire match resulting in unplayable shit because you're shaking more than an epileptic being triple penetrated by giant shemale cocks on a waterbed) and MW3 was pretty crap too (didn't even buy that one, just played my brothers a bit)

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Ever notice that Call of Duty commercials look far more like a game of Battlefield than a game of Call of Duty?

Is there a level where you follow a guy for ten minutes? Those are the best.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Only good thing I got out of this new CoD was the great Frank Sinatra song from one of the commercials.

Obviously it was more important to spend money on hiring Megan Fox to do their commercial rather than on new animations

Priorities, Yo

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
The maps are ok, but the number of people in the maps for me is not. Totally killed what I wanted out of the game, which was just a mindless arcade shooter TDM/FFA. I don't play shit like SnD because I have what I consider better games for those gametypes (counterstrike, BF). I was doing an FFA in that one level with the parking garage and I seriously went two minutes running around and I never saw anyone because they were either hiding in a remote corner or rocking dead silence/silencer/silent takedown. A lot of the FFA maps needed to be 12-14 people instead of 6-8. A lot of maps just feel horribly empty. I know FFA isn't really their focus, but it's pretty disappointing compared to older games. I feel like 90% of the FFA games time out and don't finish instead of getting to the 30 kill cap win. I've put about 8 hours in and I just am not feeling it at all. I don't "complain because it's fun", in fact I've liked literally every other cod I've played. I just hate a huge number of the design decisions in this one so far, and I'm not feeling it. Not saying it's a bad game, but it's definitely not what I expected or wanted.
This is actually what keeps me away from the CoD series. So sick of near empty maps of people just camping corners, and with low #s per map my time is personally better spent in larger battles, be it 64 people servers of BF or zerg fights in PS2.

Toxxulian_sl

shitlord
Cranked has to be the most fun mode ever. Get a few kills and it's all a blur.

You guys might prefer BF4 over this (i have it as well, it's fun) but hopping into a game (quickly, as apposed to slowly in bf4) and racking up some kills is just too much fun.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Obviously it was more important to spend money on hiring Megan Fox to do their commercial rather than on new animations

Priorities, Yo
Megan Fox IS their new animation direction. Ooooh.

Call of Duty.

Stave

Potato del Grande
So I've never played any CoD multiplayer before, but I have beaten and enjoyed all of them on single player (working on Ghosts now). I've always been a Battlefield player though. But BF3 I spent 90% of my time in Close Quarters, and I have spent literally thousands of hours on CS 1.5 through source. I am loving BF4, but I find myself sticking to domination maps as I like the close quarters infantry combat.

Anyways, I was debating on getting Ghosts as my first actualy CoD purchase, because hey, if it focuses on infantry combat, maybe it's up my alley. I love unlocking/customizing shit too, etc, and I know CoD has a lot of that, and dog companions? look sick as hell. But now all you guys are saying CoD Ghosts multiplayer is garbage. So should I buy one of the previous games instead? I don't want to pay full price to limp along on the few servers of a mostly dead game, and I don't want a game with no unlocks to work towards.

I still plan on playing the shit out of BF4, and I'm sure Battlefront 3 is going to own my time too, but I am curious about the arcade-y run and gun that may be similar to my old CS days.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
CoD games are closer to an arcade shooter in a realistic skin than a partial simulation like Battlefield. So if you like a bit faster gameplay like found in the Quake style multiplayer they can be a nice change of pace. I personally dislike CoD because it tries to be a little bit of both and I prefer quake stand alone or battlefield not the middleground CoD has always been built around.

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
COD is definitely faster than BF, but I wouldn't say it's any closer to Quake.

I don't think you need to worry about it being a dead game though. The bros will automatically switch over en mass to whichever COD is the most recent.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
You're right but only because of the realistic skin. Quake you get railguns - they never miss weapons only have bullet spread if its designed regardless of player movement. CoD is skinned with real weapons - so there is bullet spread and sight aiming and some movement penalty. But when you compare this to battlefield with suppression, and hip firing, and and all this other modeled shit that makes your weapons not fire where you're aimed. I think maybe that clarifies the comparison - CoD movement is closer to quake than it is to battlefield, there is slowdown in CoD for sight aiming which trends to weapon firing being more battlefield like but the modeling is much less punishing.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Cranked has to be the most fun mode ever. Get a few kills and it's all a blur.

You guys might prefer BF4 over this (i have it as well, it's fun) but hopping into a game (quickly, as apposed to slowly in bf4) and racking up some kills is just too much fun.
BF4 is a clusterfuck. It is also an unoptimized piece of garbage with way too many bugs out of the gate. This plays more fluid and you are right that you can get in a game and out of one quickly. If I ever need that fix, I can play one of the 3-4 I already bought because this shit brings nothing new to table at all.