Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2019

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I've only witness the power of what an extended magazine does in this game a couple days ago. I've always had my mp7 kitted with the essentials minus the clip and have been winning medium and close engagements.

I'm always

My default clip size has only shown itself an issue in small doses in Warzone. I can only drop one person a medium/long range before having to reload. I can usually take out 2 of the 3 in one clip in cqb, and have to find myself maneuvering for the third.

unknown.png

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I've been using Ak47, M4, RPK, and MP5 the whole time this game has been out. Any other suggestions? AK is too unstable after the first shot, M4 is solid but takes a fair amount of shots, mp5 is great but takes a lot. RPK is badass, super accurate, massive amount of ammo, but slow as fuck. Great when killstreak hunting.

Try the MP7 I guess? That 5.56 new weapon any good? M13?

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I've been using Ak47, M4, RPK, and MP5 the whole time this game has been out. Any other suggestions? AK is too unstable after the first shot, M4 is solid but takes a fair amount of shots, mp5 is great but takes a lot. RPK is badass, super accurate, massive amount of ammo, but slow as fuck. Great when killstreak hunting.

Try the MP7 I guess? That 5.56 new weapon any good? M13?

If you can get an Aug with the 5.56 ammo conversion, it can put in some work. I had a legendary blueprint for one called the Leecher or something? 60 round drum. Can fit longer barrel on it for range if needed, but that thing can shred in close to medium engagements.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
Hierarchy is pretty much 60 round M4> 60 Round MP7/5.56 Aug> The Rest

MP7 Hipfire can be perfectly accurate so paired with a long range like a Sniper or Launcher it's really good. I tried out the AK (way too much recoil) Oden (decent but small mags. Hits hard as fuck for a full auto, but lower RPM), and FAL (supposedly 3 shot headshot killer, but recoil is too much and fire rate is absolute dick even for a semi-auto. You'll be looking at using 10ish shots to hit 7 to kill a guy and the M4 would've killed them 1.5 times in that amount of time).

Biggest thing you can get in this game is magazine size. Get the biggest possible, THEN you can try out the weapon. You can usually nullify recoil for most stuff but it kills mobility/ADS speed to the point where if the enemy gets the drop you're in trouble. That's why the MP7 is sick. You can small dot it or no-sight it and 60 mag it with a lazer, suppressor, barrel, and a perk or grip and just insta-ADS it and mow people down from close to mid range with no recoil, huge mag, quick ADS.

I personally haven't used the 5.56 Aug, but I watched several streamers use it and it's really good TTK. Faster than the MP7, but it has a smaller magazine (I think it goes to 35?) but the MP7 takes like 13 bullets to kill and the Aug takes about 10. I felt the recoil on the ones I picked up was pretty rough, but again, you can adjust it through attachments. The iron sight on the Aug is way more shit than the MP7 though.

• 1Like

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I'm a huge AK guy. I love it, and do serious work with it. I've never had really any trouble and I run it with a default mag. It's my go to rifle in warzone because I can rock either an mp7 or launcher, still fight snipers by putting it on semi. I have a mouse5? bound to RoF, so I change to semi on the fly and drop snipers pretty quickly.

I generally prefer the M13 over the M4. The only thing I like about the M4 is the ads and sprint to fire does feel faster.. At the same time, it just feels like a slightly better verison of the Kilo. It might just be a mental thing at the end of the day, the M13 sounds better and feels more robust.. It's like how the AK feels like the perfect inbetween of the M4 and the Oden, and Oden is my 3rd favorite.. Next to the AK and FAL.

AUG with 5.56 is also extremely amazing, but have only used it in the regular modes.

Using the big boi magazines are probably your best decision, and the rest is just feeling; imo. I was against it for so long, now I'm just on the idea of thinking is this op?

• 1Like

Merrith

Hierarchy is pretty much 60 round M4> 60 Round MP7/5.56 Aug> The Rest

MP7 Hipfire can be perfectly accurate so paired with a long range like a Sniper or Launcher it's really good. I tried out the AK (way too much recoil) Oden (decent but small mags. Hits hard as fuck for a full auto, but lower RPM), and FAL (supposedly 3 shot headshot killer, but recoil is too much and fire rate is absolute dick even for a semi-auto. You'll be looking at using 10ish shots to hit 7 to kill a guy and the M4 would've killed them 1.5 times in that amount of time).

Biggest thing you can get in this game is magazine size. Get the biggest possible, THEN you can try out the weapon. You can usually nullify recoil for most stuff but it kills mobility/ADS speed to the point where if the enemy gets the drop you're in trouble. That's why the MP7 is sick. You can small dot it or no-sight it and 60 mag it with a lazer, suppressor, barrel, and a perk or grip and just insta-ADS it and mow people down from close to mid range with no recoil, huge mag, quick ADS.

I personally haven't used the 5.56 Aug, but I watched several streamers use it and it's really good TTK. Faster than the MP7, but it has a smaller magazine (I think it goes to 35?) but the MP7 takes like 13 bullets to kill and the Aug takes about 10. I felt the recoil on the ones I picked up was pretty rough, but again, you can adjust it through attachments. The iron sight on the Aug is way more shit than the MP7 though.

Leecher Aug blueprint has 5.56 with 60 round mag. It's fun.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Ran into my first hackers tonight. Wildpants, Nut, and No. Using walls/aimbot.

I was amazed I ran into 2 in a row on ground war, its really rare for me to see one.

First ran super obvious aimbot (128-0 all mp5 kills) and had Chinese name with shit latency to boot.
Second one was just running walls, saw him multiple times trying to shoot people through walls near me.

Cybsled

Ya I got killed by a trio with all Chinese names and remarkable headshot ability, at which point I called it a night. They need to do 2 things:

1) region lock China
2) actually enforce anti-cheat (the 3 cucks who I listed earlier were American, they hopped on voice chat trolling after match ended

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
About 80% of the cheaters I've run into (we're talking 10+ aimbotter/wallers) aren't Chinese. Maybe 2-3 of them were. Their anti-cheat works, but needs to amass a certain amount of data 'proof' before it goes off or the cheat squad bans them. So most cheaters you see are like rank 60-90 because they're on day 1 or 2 of their cheats. I haven't seen a max rank cheater since maybe the 2nd week. The F2P model just means they hop right back in immediately.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Never played a BR before and tried a few games of this. Hackers in every one, lol. Just finished a game and got to top 10 but watched last guy win with extremely obvious aimbot sniper shot. That's enough COD for me.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
We got our first squad win (or trios, for that matter) 2 nights ago. And then last night got back to back wins. Not sure if there's an MMR system, or if we're just finally getting a good feel of the game.

We were really awesome at PUBG, but we've been getting shit on in this. I think a lot of it is the aim assist though.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Played like 8ish hours yesterday. Ran into cheaters at least twice. Once was in a pregame lobby, don't think I ran into them in the actual match. The next was a team of 4 all using it and toggling it. The guy who killed me full headshot me while jumping from 30 feet away with an MP7 and I knew. Then I spectated and he looked human. But there's now way to fucking land 11 headshots while bunny hopping from that distance, so I was confused. Then my teammates spectated his teammates and it was no question. Just sniping people through walls, shooting people they can't see, etc etc. The guy who killed me was just smart enough not to toggle it on while people were spectating. They were all American kids too with names like "easy" and shit. They got 3rd place. Lul.

Had some fun not being a meta fuckdick. Everyone we killed or killed us was M4 60 mag blah blah blah blah blah with their heartbeat sensors. If they look at their data they'd know something should be done.

My friends went a little too hard on the "DRIVE CARS AT PEOPLE L O L" style. Not my thing, but it did make for a few laughs.

This was the best part of the night. This is Warzone. All of this. Vehicles. Off-meta play. Bugs. And these types of players:

Xerge

<Donor>
Despite the cheating BS the game gives me my money worth. Many hilarious moments and the game just feels fucking good to play. Fucking love cross play too. Campaign is top notch so far. 10/10 for a simple man.

Merrith

It's not like other guns aren't as solid as the M4. 60 round mags I think is just how it's going to be, especially with larger group sizes. Reloading = death far too often so you need it.

Xevy

Log Wizard
It's not like other guns aren't as solid as the M4. 60 round mags I think is just how it's going to be, especially with larger group sizes. Reloading = death far too often so you need it.
Many guns have 50-100 round mags in the AR class. It's the M4's basic lack of recoil + 60 round mags that make it THE weapon. People who can't control recoil don't need to and can literally aim at a person and hold down fire. It's especially helpful for aim assist people on console, because though you may not be getting headshots as easily, it's going to give you plenty of center mass shots.

Guns like the AK and the FAL should be monsters for good players, but they're not. They're dogshit. They just translate completely differently in game than on paper. The FAL is supposed to be the best gun for anyone with good aim, but the recoil on it and the fire rate combined are just awful. The AK can get huge mags as well (80?), but the recoil and slow fire rate again just kill it. M4 is fast, 60 rounds give you a lot of miss leeway, and hits harder than some of the other ARs, all while having no recoil if properly kitted.

It's like the R99/Wingman in Apex. At a certain point if you were running anything except maybe a peacekeeper, you weren't sweaty enough. R99 was just fastest TTK with no aim required, insta killing full targets without even using your brain. The Wingman was what the FAL SHOULD be and was hugely rewarding to people who can aim and hit headshots, but the Wingman also hit really fucking hard for body shots so it didn't have much of a downside until the eventual nerfs.

M4's, Vehicles, and Heartbeat Sensors need a tune up. Probably a removal for heartbeat honestly, as it makes Ghost a necessary perk eliminating any other Perk 2s (overkill, restock, etc). Kind of bullshit. Thermals could probably be removed too, honestly, but slot 1 perks aren't as important so Cold-Blooded isn't too awful, but again, like 80% of the people are running it.

In solos if you want to win you run Cold-Blooded/Ghost/X with an M4 with a 60 round mag and a heartbeat sensor. Why make a class system with options when you end up having to play the same bullshit as everyone else? This is the kind of balance that games like Realm Royale died because of. Variety BR's are amazing ideas, but without constant data monitoring of class/skill/weapon usage and actual good feedback (NOT FUCKING REDDIT) you'll just stagnate your game with one meta or you'll ruin everything at once by over-tuning.

And all of this is said before anything about cheaters. That's it's own beast and they're not doing great. 70,000 banned people? Cool. Those are probably something like 10,000 actual people just making new free accounts. And they'll just keep doing it until their auto cheat detection works.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I'm just happy realism warzone is back (want boots on the ground realism, but whatever)

Last edited:

Merrith

Many guns have 50-100 round mags in the AR class. It's the M4's basic lack of recoil + 60 round mags that make it THE weapon. People who can't control recoil don't need to and can literally aim at a person and hold down fire. It's especially helpful for aim assist people on console, because though you may not be getting headshots as easily, it's going to give you plenty of center mass shots.

Guns like the AK and the FAL should be monsters for good players, but they're not. They're dogshit. They just translate completely differently in game than on paper. The FAL is supposed to be the best gun for anyone with good aim, but the recoil on it and the fire rate combined are just awful. The AK can get huge mags as well (80?), but the recoil and slow fire rate again just kill it. M4 is fast, 60 rounds give you a lot of miss leeway, and hits harder than some of the other ARs, all while having no recoil if properly kitted.

It's like the R99/Wingman in Apex. At a certain point if you were running anything except maybe a peacekeeper, you weren't sweaty enough. R99 was just fastest TTK with no aim required, insta killing full targets without even using your brain. The Wingman was what the FAL SHOULD be and was hugely rewarding to people who can aim and hit headshots, but the Wingman also hit really fucking hard for body shots so it didn't have much of a downside until the eventual nerfs.

M4's, Vehicles, and Heartbeat Sensors need a tune up. Probably a removal for heartbeat honestly, as it makes Ghost a necessary perk eliminating any other Perk 2s (overkill, restock, etc). Kind of bullshit. Thermals could probably be removed too, honestly, but slot 1 perks aren't as important so Cold-Blooded isn't too awful, but again, like 80% of the people are running it.

In solos if you want to win you run Cold-Blooded/Ghost/X with an M4 with a 60 round mag and a heartbeat sensor. Why make a class system with options when you end up having to play the same bullshit as everyone else? This is the kind of balance that games like Realm Royale died because of. Variety BR's are amazing ideas, but without constant data monitoring of class/skill/weapon usage and actual good feedback (NOT FUCKING REDDIT) you'll just stagnate your game with one meta or you'll ruin everything at once by over-tuning.

And all of this is said before anything about cheaters. That's it's own beast and they're not doing great. 70,000 banned people? Cool. Those are probably something like 10,000 actual people just making new free accounts. And they'll just keep doing it until their auto cheat detection works.

In general I look to use overkill to get AR (I like the Grau as much as the M4), and my sniper, then look to hit a random loadout drop to later swap to ghost. I'd maybe reduce the range on Heartbeat's, but far too many people just sitting in corners in buildings to really nerf it too much. I'd rather have them to prevent as much of that bullshit as possible.