Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2019

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Just me or are the graphics in the beta SUPER fucking fuzzy? Looks so garbage ;( I noticed by default it set resolution scaling to 50% (wtf is that shit) but even back at 100% 1440p it just looks..horrible.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Just me or are the graphics in the beta SUPER fucking fuzzy? Looks so garbage ;( I noticed by default it set resolution scaling to 50% (wtf is that shit) but even back at 100% 1440p it just looks..horrible.
Turn off film grain etc. I mainly only think things look fuzzy at long long distances.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Turn off film grain etc. I mainly only think things look fuzzy at long long distances.
Its not even that. It seems like there's some wonky AA, LOD or something just..not right. Textures/edges etc.. don't look sharp. Probably some shader or something being used jacking it up.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Ground War just feels like a subpar version of battlefield.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
game unlocks 9pm EST / 6pm PST tonight

free PSN theme

not sure i am gonna be playing mostly this or The Outer Worlds this weekend

Sludig

Love how it runs worse than beta. Like even changing options looks cloudy/fuzzy a little like forced blur almost. Had some hard locks.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
My first hour experience with this, to put it kindly, was fucking terrible. Network issues aside, this game looks fucking terrible with default settings. Like, there is so much shit going on with the particle density, and blur shit that you cannot even focus on the match. I kept constantly finding myself moving my weapon and getting close to my monitor trying to make out enemies.

Once I turned down the "film grain" option, and turned off anti-aliasing, it became much more playable. Also unlocked the M4A1 and actually became a good player again. First 5 levels with those shit loadouts are fucking painful. Went from pushing a .8 KD/ratio to back near 2-2.5.

Really hoping this game fills the void of the "arcade, lone wolf" shooter that CoD4 & MW2 gave me. Not many things more satisfying than calling in multiple chopper gunners in a match.

• 1Like

Sludig

My first hour experience with this, to put it kindly, was fucking terrible. Network issues aside, this game looks fucking terrible with default settings. Like, there is so much shit going on with the particle density, and blur shit that you cannot even focus on the match. I kept constantly finding myself moving my weapon and getting close to my monitor trying to make out enemies.

Once I turned down the "film grain" option, and turned off anti-aliasing, it became much more playable. Also unlocked the M4A1 and actually became a good player again. First 5 levels with those shit loadouts are fucking painful. Went from pushing a .8 KD/ratio to back near 2-2.5.

Really hoping this game fills the void of the "arcade, lone wolf" shooter that CoD4 & MW2 gave me. Not many things more satisfying than calling in multiple chopper gunners in a match.
I do miss the feel of cod4 and lesser extent mw2. I think this is still more twitch heavy quicker ttk. I remember guns feeling a lot more individualized in those older games, also maps were larger or at least had larger open area's for snipers at times. In this game, snipers have to be ridiculous fast twitch or else you are getting AR sniped fast. (The preorder m4 with medium scope is fairly nice)

I remember in cod 4 I could do stuff like run shotguns that were fairly awful and still do well. (What was that sniper map that was the 2 concrete apartments facing each other?) In this game, unless you are shroud levels of reliable instant head shots, shotguns and the deagle/revolver don't seem viable.

Biggest thing, in my 30's I know I'm slower, I used to be able to get kicked off private servers because I'd do 50-5 and get accused of hacking. Now even fairly focused I'm only doing 2-3:1 or worse if I'm experimenting with stuff. Granted so many weapons and perks locked maybe that will improve but I'm certain the days of carrying a match are gone for me.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I haven't really played a twitchy shooter in a really long time.. I'm certainly feeling the rust.

Also not exactly sure how I feel about the maps so far. Grazna Raid, Docks, and Euphrates Pass seem solid enough. My favorite past game mode was Ground War Domination - in this current iteration it's more Battlefield-ish, and I'm not exactly sure that I like that for CoD. CoD is best with small or medium sized maps with very specific focal points for conflict. Trying to identify the "hot corridors" etc for combat, so I can start getting higher kill streaks again. The verticality of ground war maps, and the sniping there is pretty fun.

I agree with the weapons, MW & MW2 had fairly distinct weapons. The difference in the AK in CoD4, and how much better the scar & RPD w/ grip and what not were. Still primarily using the M4 & MP5 currently at 25ish.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Other than crashing issues, finally settling on no grain, no AA, and all settings on low... The game has become legitimately fun. Feels a lot like CoD4. Would absolutely love to see some old great maps (airport, scrapyard, skidrow, Flavela etc).

Generally running M4A1, no optics, quick fix, kill chain, tune up. Killstreaks are Precision Airstrike, Wheelson, Chopper Gunner. Finally getting the maps down, had a few choppers today. Wheelson at 7 kills is absolutely insanely OP, near guaranteed chopper gunner with kill chain. Can't wait for Predator Missile to unlock at 5 kills (level 45 unlock, airstrike & charge missile think sucks). Really looking forward to the AK unlock.

spronk

FPS noob
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is the fastest-selling entry for the franchise this generation, grossing $600 million in its first three days. Grossing $100 million more than Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII during the same period, the latest entry into Activision Blizzard's flagship franchise is reportedly the top-selling new premium release of 2019, and the top-selling digital opening in Activision history.

Along with setting new records on the PlayStation Network for the highest digital pre-orders and three-day digital sales, it's also the top-selling Call of Duty PC launch ever.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Biggest thing, in my 30's I know I'm slower, I used to be able to get kicked off private servers because I'd do 50-5 and get accused of hacking. Now even fairly focused I'm only doing 2-3:1 or worse if I'm experimenting with stuff. Granted so many weapons and perks locked maybe that will improve but I'm certain the days of carrying a match are gone for me.

Just wait until you hit 45. About 30 minutes in you say fuck it, drink scotch, and sing Elvis in the discord channel.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
They just need a COD turn-based option for the elderly gamers

• 1Solidarity

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Still itching to get the AK, I'm at 46 now. Picking up a bit, definitely learning the maps, but still not in love with the maps. They seem to pale in comparison to the CoD4 & MW2 maps.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
LOL, even my kids are saying that the TTK in this game is whack. And my older son has something like 2000 hours in the last COD. He told me last night hes switching to Battlefield, lol.

• 1Worf

spronk

FPS noob
try running the 725 shotgun as a secondary with overkill (turns secondary into primary) and amped you are a killing machine

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
This is my favorite cod in god knows how long. It’s not nearly as twitch as previous cods and granted the maps are few they are more diverse and less “laney” than previous ones as well.

I guess I mostly enjoy the maps and the gameplay isn’t as annoying. When I was 23 or so the fast pace was great but to “me” this seems slower and more enjoyable.