Call of Duty Modern Warfare II 2022

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Hit 30 and calling it good. Excited for release, gun feel is great and I enjoyed all the maps save museum. What a pos

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
This little fucking dot overhead to ID friend from foe is fucking retarded. Everyone looks the damn same and you have to look up to see who's side they're on and that doesn't always help since sometimes the dot fades in AFTER you see the character model. WTF?

spronk

FPS noob
go to interface / color customization and setup color blind setups makes it a lot easier to see player status, you get used to it really fast. if you aren't playing hardcore mode (not in the beta anyways) your minimap shows friendlies and there isn't friendly fire in normal mode so i always shoot first and ask questions later

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

gauze

Molten Core Raider
While it might not mean much, definitely the best call of duty.. so far at least, a natural progression from MW2019. MW2007 is still probably my favorite.. wasn't entirely crazy on CoD 1 2 and 3, but mostly because I felt loyal to DoD. Honestly wished Battalion 1944 did better, but its design fundamentals are too "old" for today's standard(cs but ww2).

This has to be the most kinetic feeling regarding guns in a while.. MW2019 felt float-y//arcade-y.. but definitely more so in Cold War and Vanguard mp's. I skipped everything after BO up until MW2019. I personally felt the guns so far felt great. Really liked the 74u minus the no attachments.. the tx-15 and g3 felt amazing.. both versions of the glock felt phenomenal.. in MW2019, pistols were the first I grinded to Damascus pre-shipment and non-hardcore... and the glocks were probably the worst of that experience. Also ledge grabbing and pistoling is fucking funny as fuck.

Its really just a standard call of duty affair tbh. SBMM still sucks the life out of the game, but the salt-induced mic spams keep it breathing with life. The amount of people crying shotgun after being slapped with a winchester was mindboggling.

Invasion is pretty meh, but I see the appeal. I think someone said it earlier, but I feel it's going to be a sort of playground to improve DMZ's AI. Ground War.. feels like MW2019's GW. Just a lot of fire from all directions with no real direction on wtf is going on other than a select few holding objectives racking kills and getting streaks. Vehicles felt fine.. I did a few duo strafe runs with the humvee and it was a blast. It's not as OP as BF2042 was/is, but the leanout mechanic will make Warzone pretty interesting, esp since they have civilian cars and suv's on the list of vehicles. Nothing like good ol satisfying drivebys and drifts. Wasn't entirely crazy over the OU of big bertha, so if we get some variety that'll be nice.

A large portion of my play was SnD, and the map design was kinda pitiful despite enjoying them. 2/3 of the maps were pretty much 98% one-site takes.. to the point where I would go to that 2% site and basically flank the other team with nearly zero resistance.. even the other modes felt the same, but not nearly as bad as SnD.

Hostage and Takedown were both fun, honestly would have pref if they had a playlist for those three.

Honestly would have rather them split the game into a SP and a MP, 40$/40$ or buy both for 70$.. so that I can just buy MP for 40. But w/e, they know people will pay.

As far as meta goes, I feel no matter what; its unavoidable.. but it definitely felt some guns performed better on different maps.. their classification had some significance. I felt like I wasn't getting sniped by SMG's on a regular, or Sniped from 2ft.. not that neither of those didn't happen, just not to the point of it being broken or feeling unfair. Compared to like the MP5 on MW2019 launch, or some of the WZ meta's. Rifles going up against SMG's felt fair, mid to far would win with rifles more often than not and lose close quarters more often when turning a corner into an SMG's. Usually felt like 3 bullets to 10 kinda deal.. not impossible just disadvantages and advantages but all of that is extremely limited and given launch; could all change.

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob
did anyone put time into the battle rifles, like the FTAC Recon? Its the second tab in weapons. I leveled up all the weapons I could, beta capped you at 1 level under max since I think maxxing out one weapon unlocks other weps and they didn't want you to have them all.

but man battle rifles were the one gun i could not deal with. they are 3 shots with one pull, but no auto fire so you have to release and fire again for another 3 round burst. which is great IRL aka trigger discipline not spray and pray, but in game i almost always lost a 1v1 with a battle rifle. I guess its more meant as a sniper gun? but when an AR works just as well I am not sure what the point of the battle rifle class is.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So when is open beta? If you buy this are you in beta up to release? Have a bud nagging me to play this on Series X.

spronk

FPS noob
it started saturday it ends like... today? can just download from steam, xbox store, psn store, etc no key or anything but it ends soon, like tonight or tomorrow

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
There is a ton they can do to Ground War/Invasion as well to help scratch the BF itch for me. Had a great time in the beta and looking forward to release next month.

spronk

FPS noob
new PS5 bundle comes with MW2 (digital)

i played 90% on my ps5 and 10% on my xbox and both played fine on an LG OLED TV at 60 fps, didn't try 120 fps (dont care). I can turn cross play on or off, didn't run into any PC hackers but if it becomes a problem I can turn it off and not suffer any queue issues at all, queues are pretty much always instant on COD PSN/xbox.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
did anyone put time into the battle rifles, like the FTAC Recon? Its the second tab in weapons. I leveled up all the weapons I could, beta capped you at 1 level under max since I think maxxing out one weapon unlocks other weps and they didn't want you to have them all.

but man battle rifles were the one gun i could not deal with. they are 3 shots with one pull, but no auto fire so you have to release and fire again for another 3 round burst. which is great IRL aka trigger discipline not spray and pray, but in game i almost always lost a 1v1 with a battle rifle. I guess its more meant as a sniper gun? but when an AR works just as well I am not sure what the point of the battle rifle class is.

It's literally all I used, sorry I called them the TX-15 and G3(which I believe are their irl counterparts). To me, they felt fucking amazing. I personally can't stand guns like the M4, I always leaned into the slower-firing weapons with higher dmg output. In MW2019, they felt absent but what did exist was the FAL and SKS.. one was a rifle and the other was a marksman. The Oden kinda counts being an Ash-12.

Some notes I ran into with them.. could change upon live, but they felt pretty OP. I questioned the tx-15 at first because I was running it with silencer, but once I swapped to the muzzle break.. people just started dropping but had the opposite effect in things like Invasion and GW. While the muzzle break kept the damage going, silencer let me live longer instead of getting swarmed. People would just rush the fuck out of me. I pretty much treated it as a regular rifle, it didn't really feel like a DMR as the long-range damage output felt low.. so mostly mid range.

In CQB situations, it was pretty 50/50, SMG won a lot but the hip fire isn't terrible but not great either; so its do-able just not as reliable.. The low mag size ends up hurting you the most, so in TDM and Dom CQB, it's tough when its a wave of people.. so you're mostly looking for range. 3v1's and 2v'1s were possible but as more people keep showing up and you're not getting the room to breathe, it gets hairy. Going up against the sniper rifle, was nearly impossible if the person is at all competent.. 1 shot vs 3 is a bit of a nuisance.

It also has two firing modes, it was bugged.. you loaded in "Burst Fire" but if you swapped it to Single, it was actually Burst. Which was good for that CQB but I usually just spammed lq. I think actually getting a hold of a variety of attachments, the gun will feel better for sure. Things like Vertical Foregrip, heavy stock, and muzzle breaks.. esp since firing loud weapons doesn't ping you on the mm anymore.

I'm sure spraying 45rnd mags is more effective, but I was managing to top the majority of my games in kills with both of the BR's.. but there were some where I felt useless and swapping to an smg or rifle would have been the better solution. Particularly the map Farm is where I felt that the most.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
cool, ill try out battle rifles in release, i mostly played a run n gun game without ADS a lot so the ARs and SMGs fit that style great but it'll be interesting trying BRs. I wish there were more shotguns and options, I remember for a while there was a huge mega in an older COD game where you could run around owning everyone with fire ammo shotguns and that was a hell a lot of fun.

open beta seems to be down anyways and i think its over for everyone, no more beta's until release on Oct 28th but if you buy the "i'm a retard who pays more" edition (already done!) you get campaign access a week early. No multiplayer, just the single player campaign, but thats kinda smart since I know for every COD I'd just start playing MP and not play the campaign for months.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
You know we are all in dire straits when it comes to anything remotely fun in this hobby of ours when we are getting excited about a COD game....

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You know we are all in dire straits when it comes to anything remotely fun in this hobby of ours when we are getting excited about a COD game....
Definitely more fun than Warzone 1 / apex / or battlefield but ya not sayin much thee days.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I mean, Infinity Ward has still been pretty decent minus me skipping MW3, Ghost, and Infinite Warfare.. though MW3 was in co-production with Sledgehammer who made Vanguard which I think was after West/Zampella drama(mw3), and imo anything Treyarch has been dog shit despite Black Ops and Zombies being loved.. same with World at War. I honestly blame them mostly for the more arcade-y style CoD developed in.. Cod 1 2 3 MW and MW2 had a pretty tact shooter esq competitive scene.. which fizzled out into whatever competitive scene cod is now. MW2019 and Warzone were great; essentially trying to call back to original MW and MW2's "greatness", and ex-Infinity Ward head devs left to make Respawn(Titanfall, Apex, Fallen Order).. and now Zampella is helming Dice.. "fixing" 2042 and Battlefield moving forward. Openly stating that Battlefield strayed too far from what battlefield actually is.. While cautiously optimistic; Zampella has been a legend in the FPS genre. MW2 has been stirring up controversy due to the fact that they're trying even harder to slow down the gameplay with minor mechanic changes, and all the Kyles of the game are tweaking that they can't 360 no scope and slide cancels. Old Ex-Lead Dice dev's just released a longer trailer for a destruction-based 3vX arena shooter.. seemingly attempting to go back to Bad Company levels of destruction with new technology.. iirc, destruction is server side instead of client.

Also FPS's kinda suck when the population is pretty much below that 20-40k people playing. The existing community is either a bunch of "try hard sweat lords" who've scared off any casual player, or a bunch of old dudes trying to role play their favorite soldier of fortune. Ton of fantastic FPS out there, but just no one playing them. Equal to that amount, plenty of FPS came out swinging only to fall incredibly short and fizzle out any steam they might have. CoD's brilliance is in the fact it reaches so many people, and a hundred thousand people playing from all walks of life.. nothing beats enraging people in FPS. Hence why they pretty much have a market purely on death comms. The number of people that I kill who I can tell live in a trailer or in some sort of project housing is absurd.

Last edited:

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I mean, Infinity Ward has still been pretty decent minus me skipping MW3, Ghost, and Infinite Warfare.. though MW3 was in co-production with Sledgehammer who made Vanguard which I think was after West/Zampella drama(mw3), and imo anything Treyarch has been dog shit despite Black Ops and Zombies being loved.. same with World at War. I honestly blame them mostly for the more arcade-y style CoD developed in.. Cod 1 2 3 MW and MW2 had a pretty tact shooter esq competitive scene.. which fizzled out into whatever competitive scene cod is now. MW2019 and Warzone were great; essentially trying to call back to original MW and MW2's "greatness", and ex-Infinity Ward head devs left to make Respawn(Titanfall, Apex, Fallen Order).. and now Zampella is helming Dice.. "fixing" 2042 and Battlefield moving forward. Openly stating that Battlefield strayed too far from what battlefield actually is.. While cautiously optimistic; Zampella has been a legend in the FPS genre. MW2 has been stirring up controversy due to the fact that they're trying even harder to slow down the gameplay with minor mechanic changes, and all the Kyles of the game are tweaking that they can't 360 no scope and slide cancels. Old Ex-Head Dice dev's just released a longer trailer for a destruction-based 3vX arena shooter.. seemingly attempting to go back to Bad Company levels of destruction with new technology.. iirc, destruction is server side instead of client.

Also FPS's kinda suck when the population is pretty much below that 20-40k people playing. The existing community is either a bunch of "try hard sweat lords" who've scared off any casual player, or a bunch of old dudes trying to role play their favorite soldier of fortune. Ton of fantastic FPS out there, but just no one playing them. Equal to that amount, plenty of FPS came out swinging only to fall incredibly short and fizzle out any steam they might have. CoD's brilliance is in the fact it reaches so many people, and a hundred thousand people playing from all walks of life.. nothing beats enraging people in FPS. Hence why they pretty much have a market purely on death comms. The number of people that I kill who I can tell live in a trailer or in some sort of project housing is absurd.
the amount of rage when you kill someone is great.

One of my favorite ones from people is “Haha yeah well I just killed your boyfriend” when you are playing solo duo’s.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

gauze

Molten Core Raider

my favorite is “Haha yeah well I just killed your boyfriend” when you are playing solo duo’s.
I have a friend who has an art on ur mom and ggez. He is the epitome of your friend you bring along who has impeccable comedic timing, but also goes 2-18 majority of the games.. so by that account.. it's like a bunch of chimpanzees screaming into the mic when he drops any sort of shit talk because hes the bottom of the team talking all that shit. It's actually pure gold. Even when its a loss, the winning team hearing the 2-18 player saying ggez causes people to flip their absolute shit.

I'm absolutely terrible at shit-talking, so I usually just try to find the stupidest possible load out.. like pistols.. and dumpster people. I legit have a steam account for CSGO that has 6 pages(since about May 2022) of comments with hackusations. I'm just running around w/ a deagle and occasionally a cz or dualies. I realized the potential when some mexican commented my page after headshotting him in Hunt with a pistol from forever away.

Last edited:

Xevy

Log Wizard

One of my favorite ones from people is “Haha yeah well I just killed your boyfriend” when you are playing solo duo’s.
I did NOT give you permission to quote me, sir!

• 1Worf