Call of Duty Modern Warfare II 2022

spronk

FPS noob
there will no COD game next year, it looks like Modern Warfare 2 instead will get a campaign DLC and presumably more multiplayer stuff including warzone stuff

single player campaign unlocks in like a week for anyone who buys the $100 edition, MP launches 10/28

spronk

FPS noob

campaign releases this weekend for $100 digital owners, entire game unlocks next weekend, warzone 2.0 launches in a few ... weeks?

spronk

FPS noob
unlocks single player campaign (only) tomorrow 10/20 at 10am PDT for vault editions, a week later for everyone. Its 63 gigs installed on my PS5 with 20 gigs or so being the uninstallable campaign once I finish, so not too bad much better than the 200 gig monstrosities of earlier CODs

faille

Molten Core Raider
unlocks single player campaign (only) tomorrow 10/20 at 10am PDT for vault editions, a week later for everyone. Its 63 gigs installed on my PS5 with 20 gigs or so being the uninstallable campaign once I finish, so not too bad much better than the 200 gig monstrosities of earlier CODs
my steam says any pre order will access the single player campaign early.

spronk

FPS noob
played 3 single player campaign missions so far on PS5 (17 total I believe), REALLY fun and tense and visually drop dead gorgeous. Switching on night vision goggles looks amazing. As usual I walk up to enemy soldiers thinking they are on my team and they kill me, but its not a COD or bf campaign if i can't tell friend from foe.

so far they are leaning into brown terrorists which is surprising, nowadays enemies are always Russians or unmentioned vague no ethnicity terrorist state (Top Gun). I'm sure there will be many twists and turns though.

can't even access any of the multiplayer menus or anything, but the campaign play is pretty much exactly like MW1 (2019) with mount, peek, cover, etc options. Finishing missions awards nameplates and icons and stuff and finishing the campaign unlocks a blueprint (blueprints just pre-unlock some wep attachments in a static config, leveling weps unlocks them all in MP/WZ and it was SUPER fast maxing out weps in beta)

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
I havent played a COD Campaign in a looooong time. This campaign is awesome so far, about an hour in.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Just me or is depth of field in this game just absolutely broken? Was sitting in Amsterdam(?) at the guitar player and you could see people like, 10' or less away getting all hazy and it would just pop on and off.

Fadaar

That guy
Turn that shit off along with all the other garbage fidelity options

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Turn that shit off along with all the other garbage fidelity options
For single player figured it might add a more cinematic experience and in some games it looks fantastic. But CoD's implementation is just ass. On that note motion blur should be disabled by default in any game its included with. If you got a potato where you need it to hide your horrible FPS that should be on them.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I was watching a streamer play this yesterday. Been a long time since I purchased a CoD game and I don't think I have ever spent 70 bones on a game but I just may pick this up. It looks really good. I'd really prefer a good BF game that isn't commandeered by blue-haired tranny pansexual latinx hambeasts but I am not holding my breath.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
This game was really great in Beta for me, going to run through the campaign today in prep for MP. Love some of the modes from Beta and the guns all feel pretty good.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah the campaign is just 3-8 hours, i've played 2 hours and already halfway thru. the real action is multiplayer, i had 200+ hours sunk into WW2 (2017) and MW1 mp and the beta here felt just as good if not better.

what i really appreciate too is there is no zombies mode this year, i don't like that game mode at all and i always felt like i was getting screwed out of 1/3d of my game purchase price by a mode i never played.

• 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Can someone tell my why this COD game is better than the others in multiplayer then the other 98 COD games?

Asking because I have never noticed a difference in any single one of them and do not understand the nuances of why one is disliked over another. Or what makes this one so special. Is it actually different or are we so fucking staved for something to play we are looking at this and thinking it is better than 90% of the other garbage out there?

• 2Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Loving the campaign so far on PC. Also, getting 250+ FPS w/ my 4090 on 4k max graphics settings. Game looks fucking awesome.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Cutscenes for the most part are really well done. Mocap is on point.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
Can someone tell my why this COD game is better than the others in multiplayer then the other 98 COD games?

Asking because I have never noticed a difference in any single one of them and do not understand the nuances of why one is disliked over another. Or what makes this one so special. Is it actually different or are we so fucking staved for something to play we are looking at this and thinking it is better than 90% of the other garbage out there?

• maps are not too big, not too small, and there are no spots where you can just camp and snipe. every place has multiple entry/exit points so you can run and gun and kill campers
  • a decent variety of weapons, there is no "its only worth playing with gun X" which happens frequently with too many MP fps games. multiple ARs and SMGs seem viable and equal
  • movement feels "good", you don't ever feel like you were trying to move forward and the game stopped you hard in front of a window or something. That happens with some of the bad CODs
  • you can select exact which game modes you want, I generally only play TDM because objective games have assholes who never play the objective so you just rage at teammates who treat it as TDM. I like just running around and getting kills most of the time. Compare this to say Overwatch 2 which is 100% objective and it sucks donkey dick when your teammates don't understand that you need to stand next to the fucking hauler to move it forward.
  • you can play a few games a day, solo, and do decent, feel like you moved progress a bit (unlocks, levels, etc) and be done. No goddamn "let me spend 2 hours now finding a raid group in Destiny" kinda shit
  • MW2 has a TON of grouping options. 95% of the time I play solo and it works great, but if I wanna play with my brother I can do campaign co-op or 2 player MP or warzone. 4 player squads work just fine too in multiple game modes. It all just works, AND its cross play now so he can play on PC while I stay on PS5.
  • its all boots on the ground, none of the gay IM A FUCKING SPACE MARINE flying jetpack shit from Halo, Fortnite, etc
  • short TTK, pros and cons here I like quick engagements but if you like long TTKs Apex is probably better. Warzone is high TTK too assuming 5/5 plates
  • good options for weapon customization plus loadouts. A meta will develop but I found a lot of things worked in the beta.
  • game ran silky smooth and loads were super fast on PS5
  • on PS5 i dont have to worry about PC cheaters which I know was a huge problem in PC warzone
for me COD wins most years because of a massive player base (noobs like me who aren't FPS gods), a team deathmatch with no building, good visuals and weapons, fast loads, multiple game modes (MW2 has 6v6, 12v12, and 24v24 plus 128 player warzone in Nov) and MW2 seems to be the best since MW1 in 2019.

• 2Like

Tinycoffin

Trakanon Raider
Campaign has been pretty weak. It’s clearly a intro to mechanics of WarZone. Also who ever designed the driving mission / Indiana Jones bullshit should be fired immediately. Shit is not fun in this game or any other. They really need to stop adding it.

• 1Like

FarmCheese

Trakanon Raider
Campaign has been pretty weak. It’s clearly a intro to mechanics of WarZone. Also who ever designed the driving mission / Indiana Jones bullshit should be fired immediately. Shit is not fun in this game or any other. They really need to stop adding it.
Why not? I was right in the middle of it, got to the part where I had to truck through some folks and my car died and I had to get out to get a new one. Instead I hit space bar some how my dude jumped out and I ran myself over then my game crashed. I sat it down for the night. I'll try again tomorrow.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Complaints so far: graphical glitches, NPC allies are fucking useless, random crashes, bullshit encounters. Typical COD campaign I guess.

• 1Truth!