Call of Duty Modern Warfare II 2022

spronk

FPS noob

does seem super popular, i hit level 26 over the weekend and still enjoying the game, haven't even tried most of the game modes yet or the coop stuff

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
M4 is good, Mp5 is still absurd as well but a pita to unlock and get kitted out.

Finished unlocking all operators last night and made it to 41. One of the co-ops to unlock the helmet guy took like 5 tries as it's a long ass mission using vehicles, blowing up heli's etc but finally got somebody who knew to grab a launcher and we finished it no comms. Still haven't gotten my favorite map more than once, the farm map.

Invasion/Ground War, that big sand dune oil rig map is shit unless you're playing as sniper.

All in all, in spite of issues I have here this is still easily the best shooter on the market for somebody like me. The get a kill or two, then die meat grinder is just really fun to me. Especially as you can tilt matches as a lone wolf type player if you're on it. Really wish they'd unlock operator skin advancements, etc. Also, I love the ability to vote on maps pre-match like in CW and hope that gets added.

spronk

FPS noob
i'm just slowly working on leveling all my weapons to max level before starting camos on a few of them, hit 20 on the M4 and working on the PDSW SMG now and probably an LMG next. For me its basically the difference between spray and pray autofire guns and single shot DMR/ARs/etc, I struggle a lot with the latter since I tend to mostly be a run and gun kinda play style.

map votes would be awesome, i'd be fucking saying no every time to cartel border tunnel

i'll never be as good as sniping as people like this

• 1Picard
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I was watching Shroud play MW2 a bit and it is insane how accurate and fast he is. I can barely even register what he is doing when he was sniping while moving around.
Moving the minimap to be more in the middle helps so much especially if you are on a 24-27 inch monitor 240 FPS monitor. You can see the dot and pre aim around corners easier.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think a huge key to having success is being able to not get frustrated and most importantly, find an area to patrol and stay there. Letting people come to you as you hold down a few entry/exit points is the way to go, as falling into the run toward the other side of the map and die syndrome is a real thing.

Sometimes i have to draw a line in the sand and force myself to slow down. I hate campers and camping so thats not what im talking about, more like what the kid w the sniper rifle was doing in the above clip.

Invasion is fun as hell. I went 92-5, got airdrop package>stealth bomber and got 11 kills with it. I got Mega Kill.

Edit: which isnt shit as I seen guys going 130+ kills n less than 5 deaths, invasion can get kind of out of hand.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
I think it’s really cool how they’ve got attachments and camos locked behind using and leveling other weapons. I’ve been playing strictly domination, and working on all of the M4 platform guns. Just hit 39 last night.

I’ve got the M4, 556 Icarus, M16, and FTAC Recon all maxed out level-wise (haven’t really messed with tuning yet, other than to look at the menu a bit). Just unlocked the hurricane before bed last night, and will be messing with that this evening after work. I didn’t think I’d like these different guns, cause I’ve mostly used M4/16 in the past, but they each are unique and powerful in their own way. Having to use the Icarus to unlock the 16 really opened my eyes to the possibilities of different guns. I’m gonna play around with all of them in the coming weeks and months.

Got the riot shield unlocked and did some shield/knife work last night. I’m not sure the proper way to describe it.. mindless, hilarious, fun? I did a lot of the knife, kali sticks, and swords in MW 2019. Stun grenades are great for this. While this combo isn’t the greatest for getting tons of killstreaks, I did manage to get a mortar strike on my second game with it. And since I play domination the shield is incredibly useful for capturing points. Need to get the throwing knife unlocked so I can throw a knife at people when they cock their arm back to throw a Semtex or shock knife at me. Kind of a bummer they’ve got so much fun stuff unlocked at the higher levels.

Played with a younger guy from work last night. He told me all he does is play CoD and other shooters as far as gaming goes.. but god damn he’s good. I’m getting 21-24 kills on Domination in my better matches. This dude was in the high 40’a regularly kill-wise, though I typically captured and defended more. We seemed to get matched against better players when he was on my team, cause I was getting absolutely wrecked in some of the games. After he got off, I was back to top one or two on my team in my games.

Ive got no complaints about the game, and am having a blast. Bought a new PC with that stimmy money and have been waiting for a COD that wasn’t WW2.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I'm pretty stoked for the alleged raids/co-op group stuff coming in the next few months... We'll need to get FOH together to get it done (drunkenly and slowly for sure).

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So it sounds like it's pretty decent? Only CoD I played was in 2019 (buying it after getting into Warzone). The rest of my friend group have all bought it, but I'm still reluctant due to the price point being bullshit.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I think it’s really cool how they’ve got attachments and camos locked behind using and leveling other weapons. I’ve been playing strictly domination, and working on all of the M4 platform guns. Just hit 39 last night:

I’ve got the M4, 556 Icarus, M16, and FTAC Recon all maxed out level-wise (haven’t really messed with tuning yet, other than to look at the menu a bit). Just unlocked the hurricane before bed last night, and will be messing with that this evening after work.

Got the riot shield unlocked and did some shield/knife work last night. I’m not sure the proper way to describe it.. mindless, hilarious, fun? I did a lot of the knife, kali sticks, and swords in MW 2019. Stun grenades are great for this. While this combo isn’t the greatest for getting tons of killstreaks, I did manage to get a mortar strike on my second game with it. And since I play domination the shield is incredibly useful for capturing points. Need to get the throwing knife unlocked so I can throw a knife at people when they cock their arm back to throw a Semtex or shock knife at me. Kind of a bummer they’ve got so much fun stuff unlocked at the higher levels.

Played with a younger guy from work last night. He told me all he does is play CoD and other shooters as far as gaming goes.. but god damn he’s good. I’m getting 21-24 kills on Domination in my better matches. This dude was in the high 40’a regularly kill-wise, though I typically captured and defended more. We seemed to get matched against better players when he was on my team, cause I was getting absolutely wrecked in some of the games. After he got off, I was back to top one or two on my team in my games.
Yeah, it's a kind of imperfect way to get you to try all of the weapons and it mostly works. For example, I typically dislike the LMG playstyle, but managed to get the RAAF up to level 20 and had a good time with the weapon in Ground War. Otherwise, I'd stick to MP5 and the TAQ so it's good to get you out of your comfort zone. Some of the weapon camo's are really rad as well, though the gold is so goddamn bright haha

Lenas

Trump's Staff

Coming from Destiny 2, where people complain that sniping is free, I have never had an easier time killing people with sniper rifles than in MW2. I shot some guy in the ass cheek yesterday and killed him. They take no skill at most ranges.

• 1Solidarity

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
Games decent. Perk system is utterly retarded. Gun smith is still an overly convoluted pos.... I enjoyed the days of simple but strong perks and basic add-on management. Maybe I'm just a grumpy old timer now.... I play game after game with no goal in mind. I remember being eager to unlock certain guns, optics, pro perks, etc.... I mean who here doesn't remember shooting down 40 aircraft for Coldblooded Pro in the original?

Amazingly I felt more conflicted with the limited perks in the original MW2 as well... 40% more bullet damage or invis to killstreaks/thermal? Two weapon attachments, faster reloading/scavenging, or unlimited sprint? They've watered the perks down so much that they are bland. Sure Ghost still exists, but you get it for like a couple minutes towards the end of a match? Exciting.....

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I will say that I was excited to unlock the heartbeat sensor and in the next 3 games I proceeded to see like 2 people with it in total. Thing feels useless and the range is either terrible or everyone I played against was running invis perks.

• 1Like

Blueweed

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just got the pdsw to level13 to unlock a sweet silencer that I use on the hurricane. Didn't mind this grind of shared parts and skins.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Honestly I dont mind the neutered perks.

Perks are not what makes the game interesting or fun. It does add a element to the gameplay that can help you achieve certain playstyles more effectively, or counter certain builds depending on the game. Some of the perk combos were just a little too stronk in MW1, and they tried to address it. Mainly Hardline, and scavenger.

As far as gunsmith, they have a shit ton of unlocks? I dont see what is bad about it. Honestly a more prudent argument is the lack of guns. They have a decent amount, and have many AR's which is nice, but I thought they could have had more. And is it really too expensive for one of the biggest game developers/producers on Earth to get real gun licenses?

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
i'm just slowly working on leveling all my weapons to max level before starting camos on a few of them, hit 20 on the M4 and working on the PDSW SMG now and probably an LMG next. For me its basically the difference between spray and pray autofire guns and single shot DMR/ARs/etc, I struggle a lot with the latter since I tend to mostly be a run and gun kinda play style.

map votes would be awesome, i'd be fucking saying no every time to cartel border tunnel

Back in the original Modern Warfare 2 days, I was good enough that Machinima expressed some interest (found out how insanely dogshit the pay was) - Playing this new MW 12+ years later, and I feel borderline retarded. Getting back into the swing of it, but Jesus, nowhere near as quick as I used to be.

Map voting would be nice.

Invasion has been great, much better for leveling weapons.

Edit: a pic to toot my own horn, now that I suck.

116-8 Skidrow GW Domination edit.jpg

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
The aim assist console players get is even worse than the last MW. Fucking terrible, and you can't currently disable it. This is retarded as fuck.