Call of Duty Modern Warfare II 2022

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
finished the campaign in about 7 hours in normal mode, replaying in veteran and its crazy harder on a few levels. most of the trophies require weird stuff to do so will have to clean that up as well, and there are 6 trophies tied to co-op mode which isn't unlocked until the 28th, plus I assume a few multiplayer trophies too then.

Campaign was fine, story was kinda shit and didn't make any real sense but its fun living in that technical military jargon world for a few hours.

I know Ubisoft has tried to do a cartel game with Ghost Recon and I guess Saints Row, Far Cry, etc has dipped its toes in it a few times but I wish someone would do a full blown cartel game where you play as a rising cartel gang member and you have to figure out alliances with other cartels, governments, and ways to distribute.
Started playing the campaign, but not done yet. Just did the AC-130 missions (which were super fun), but afterwards I'm sitting here like, who the fuck wrote this?

You spend like ten missions trying to "kill or capture" Hassan. You just killed a few hundred Mexican military and leveled half a town. They start interrogating him and he's all "I'm not talking, this is illegal." So the top brass say..."oh yeah, we definitely can't detain or kill him, gotta let him go because this is super illegal and probably a declaration of war (with Iran)." You fucking wut?

Literally nothing that just happened in the previous missions was above board, and if this was the case, why were they tracking him down in the first place (especially with a "kill" option)?

Absolutely retarded.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Still having a good time here, but as I near 55 (need a few more hours to cap), unlocked almost all weapons (all weapons I care about) and got my favorite guns gold gunned I'm kind of running out of steam. There is zero excuse for not having a barracks at launch. Also desperately needs operator skin unlocks etc as well to give you the carrot to keep grinding. I think they spaced this too far out by at least week (mulitplayer launch and actual season 1 launch).

Overall, will ding 55 and kind of chill out a bit before jumping back in season 1. One other note, 3rd person moshpit is actually awesome for schlubs like me leveling weapons. It's a weird mode at first, but kind of has it's own thing going on and is really fun to me for some reason.

The game for sure has a bit of a "half-baked" feel to it. Feels much less complete than MW 2019 did at launch. Not really sure if there's any good excuse for that. Also, the fact that you cannot turn off cross-play at launch, but you could at launch in the first one is annoying (as I've complained about in every one of my posts).

Is aim assist why people use the controller? Dr disrespect popped up and I got curious why he is not using m&k.

I fail horribly in Forbidden West using a controller.

I know it helped quite a bit in smaller team size games quite a bit in 2019. The aim assist is no joke.

In the lobby screen you can see all the different platforms people in your game are playing on (PS5, SX1, Bnet). It's been mostly console players in CoD games since the dawn of time. The good news is aim assist doesn't help headshots. The bad news is snipers in this game don't need headshots.

I think this is almost my biggest problem, currently. The amount of players using snipers is absolutely insane - it's hard to blame them, they're so insanely OP. That one Marksman Rifle (?) that you get at the start, with iron sights in close quarters maps, is absolutely ridiculous also. I get the quick scoping genre of gameplay, I still do it myself, but man adding some bulk to the snipers would help limit a 30v30 sniper match in Ground War/Invasion.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Also, this seems to have helped me quite a bit. Absolutely retarded that attachments, which you "EARN", are actually worse for your gun, lol.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
IT usually takes them a few balance passes to set that shit right. What you usually get with these games at first is just a playable shell.

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
IT usually takes them a few balance passes to set that shit right. What you usually get with these games at first is just a playable shell.
I highly doubt they will fine tune the hundreds of attachments they had some intern churn out. Why every attachment has a trade off is beyond me as well. Really just validates my point that they are just bullshit made to give you the appearance of more options.

• 1Like

Tinycoffin

Trakanon Raider
Also, this seems to have helped me quite a bit. Absolutely retarded that attachments, which you "EARN", are actually worse for your gun, lol.

This was also the case in the last COD. You will wreck people with a stripped down gun if you have a decent ping/FPS those ms add up.

Agree on the sniper shit especially in Invasion. If you get setup in the right places you can basically kill people as they spawn in.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

Only like level 22 or so, so barely scratched the surface, but that echoes my experience so far. I would unlock stuff and end up heading out of the gunsmith without adding anything. Kind of makes leveling up weapons seem pointless outside of unlocking more things.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
The sniper blueprint you get from Twitch drops is fully kitted and yeah it might have the slowest fucking ADS speed of any gun I've ever used in any game, ever.

But then again I feel like the Union Guard blows the base m4 out of the water.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is the new Warzone 2 connected to mw2? I saw that will be "f2p". Any point at all to own mw2 if you only want to play Warzone?

spronk

FPS noob
yes, warzone 2 is f2p. It releases Nov 16th, along with season 1 of the battle pass. You get some minor perks and its easier to unlock all the weapons with mw2 multiplayer (or coop) but not worth it if you only prefer battle royale.

its all cross progression too as long as you link them into your activision profile you can play mp or warzone on pc/psn/xbox and progress seamlessly is the same everywhere.

• 1Like

gauze

Molten Core Raider

From my understanding, whether or not this was the devs opinion but what i've been hearing and have noticed it.. is that it's more a nerf to mindlessly 5 stacking attachments. Often running 2, or 3.. or finding combo's that work particularly for how you want to play is the way to go; if barebones is it.. So be it. It's basically a nerf on all the "gun meta" meme videos where they go for the lowest ergo, lowest hip fire, lowest ect ect ect.

I personally don't mind it, I think it's going to be healthier for the game as a whole; esp if warzone/dmz loot system revolves around these attachments rather than getting loadies. It adds a lot more depth to the whole finding of what feels better to how I am wanting to play with said gun.

Also since weight isn't really a factor in this game.. I'm bout it.

• 1Like

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Been freezing up and crashing somewhat regularly the last two days. Once every hour or two, sometimes a bit more often. I downloaded what was supposed to be a hot fix driver from NVidia last night, but it’s still happening afterward. Can’t really tell if it’s happening when I do something in particular, or if there’s anything happening on screen when it happens that is consistent. What I can say is that it doesn’t seem to happen during gunfights, but rather when I’m running around on my own. That could just be dumb luck though.

On a different note, I’ve got a buddy who’s playing on PS4, and he’s having major issues getting into games. He loads slow as fuck, though I assume that’s because the platform is dated. Sometimes he’ll load into the game right as the timer counts down, but the majority of the time he doesn’t load for a minute or two after the match starts. Last night, however, he was crashing back to the main menu every time we tried to load a game. I’d say this happened six or seven times in a row last night before we gave up. Anyone have similar experiences?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm definitely crashing, about the same as you. Same with the patch and then driver hotfix.

I'm wondering if your friend is an issue with shaders. That stupid shader optimization shit is still around in this game, and it has to redownload every time there's a patch.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The 20 inch barrel m4 with 60 round clip is sexy AF.

Also, I feel like armor piercing bullet ammo option is broke. I was shooting people a ton of times and not getting kills, it almost makes your gun worse. I mean, it does say it is only for penetration and vehicle damage, but sacrificing actual damage is wild.

spronk

FPS noob
i played 2 hours last night on PS5 and an hour today and zero issues but yeah i'd assume on PC and ps4 it probably has a lot of bugs, IW is pretty good at hotfixing that kinda stuff quickly

jeydax

Death and Taxes
I've got 20 or so hours played, only had 1 crash on PC through Steam. Haven't really noticed any major bugs, and thankfully only 1 person I thought could possibly be a cheater... maybe I'm just naïve, though.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Cross play with PC players on Xbox sucks. Just saw my first cheater. Dude went on a 45 kill streak or some shit it was ridiculous.

Why the fuck isn’t there a way to keep cross play with PS5 and disable PC. And if I do it at the system level it breaks invasion so can’t play it.