Can the US just ban Celsius from the world please?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
There is neither an advantage or disadvantage. That's the point I'm making. The one thing you keep coming back to as an advantage of F is wholly irrelevant. Meanwhile you have to remember stupid shit like water boiling at 212, freezing at 32, and other stupid shit.
Having the freezing and boiling point of water (at one specific atmospheric condition) line up with 0 and 100 isn't really an advantage or disadvantage either.

I'm with you on metric for everything but temperature, but to me Fahrenheit and Celsius are both relatively arbitrary

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
My experience in engineering was the opposite. If it was a problem that you had to show your work, you had to do the whole thing in whatever system the problem was asked in. Otherwise they'd only give you a mark for the right answer, and not give you the rest of the marks for the problem itself. You couldn't just convert at the end unless you were fine with only getting 1 out of 4 marks or some shit.
You misunderstand me, or perhaps I explained it wrong. Yeah, you did the problem in whatever units it was asked in, of course, but often they'd ask you to give the answer in something else just to show that you could convert. Even if that something else was as simple as kilometers instead of meters, for example. It's still just a conversion at the end, right? My point being, it doesn't really matter, it is all the same math, you just make sure the end units are what are being asked for.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
You misunderstand me, or perhaps I explained it wrong. Yeah, you did the problem in whatever units it was asked in, of course, but often they'd ask you to give the answer in something else just to show that you could convert. Even if that something else was as simple as kilometers instead of meters, for example. It's still just a conversion at the end, right? My point being, it doesn't really matter, it is all the same math, you just make sure the end units are what are being asked for.
I can honestly say throughout all of my engineering courses I have never had a teacher that gave a shit about what units you worked a problem in.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Metric Time!

100 Seconds in a Minute, 100 Minutes in a Hour, 10 Hours in a Day, 10 Days in a Week, 10 Weeks in a Month, 10 Months in a Y... oh...

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I can honestly say throughout all of my engineering courses I have never had a teacher that gave a shit about what units you worked a problem in.
Like I said, some profs were fucking dicks and would throw imperial units on a mid term or final despite the rest of the course being metric. The Statics/Dynamics guys were notorious for it.

Great Ogre Dictator

Golden Knight of the Realm
Saw a bunch of posts about rugby up in here by some british faggots, so of course this wouldn't be posted:

Just thought I would help out. Oh, and if we ever do deign to the weak demands of the euros, it would only be to rename football into pigskin.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Like I said, some profs were fucking dicks and would throw imperial units on a mid term or final despite the rest of the course being metric. The Statics/Dynamics guys were notorious for it.
Oh no, I get that. Almost all of my teachers would have problems using metric and imperial, they just didn't care if you were retarded and converted back and forth. Some teachers would use metric throughout and ask for shit like horsepower at the end.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
What about time? That shit is all fucked up. 60 seconds to an minute and 60 minutes to an hour? 24 hours to a day? WHY? Where's my metric time scale.

Fuck you and your decimal systems and your faggot metric measurements. Pussies.

Fuck Tuco with his pussyshit 12 or 16 base systems.

Need to Sexagesimal system so time makes sense. Come at me bros.
Blame ancient babylonians for their sexagesimal minute/hour measurements!