Cancun

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Seriously, fuck Cancun unless you're a 20 year old frat boy. It's one of the worst places in Mexico and you might as well just go to Daytona beach for vacation.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Seriously, fuck Cancun unless you're a 20 year old frat boy. It's one of the worst places in Mexico and you might as well just go to Daytona beach for vacation.
The rest of the Yucatan's pretty fantastic though.

If you're looking for a smaller, boutique all inclusive on the Riviera, the Azul Fives was really nice:Azul Fives Hotel Suites & Room Types - Official Site | Karisma Hotels

Pretty decent options for food, service was good, etc etc. Was there last summer for a friend's wedding (seriously though, fuck going to Mexico in July). It's also really close to Playa, so it's only a five or ten minute ride to the main strip if you want to get out of the resort.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
The rest of the Yucatan's pretty fantastic though.

If you're looking for a smaller, boutique all inclusive on the Riviera, the Azul Fives was really nice:Azul Fives Hotel Suites & Room Types - Official Site | Karisma Hotels

Pretty decent options for food, service was good, etc etc. Was there last summer for a friend's wedding (seriously though, fuck going to Mexico in July). It's also really close to Playa, so it's only a five or ten minute ride to the main strip if you want to get out of the resort.
Yeah, exactly the reason not to go to Cancun-- there's so many better options including Playa where you won't get projectile vomited on by some 18 year old frat boy that things he owns the place 'cause he's 'Murican.

It's the same barely legal college rabble that would drive up to Montreal to take advantage of the 18 year old drinking age. They'd unload from their NY state tour bus at around 9pm downtown, and by around 1am police would be loading them into paddy wagons while the dolts screamed "but I'm a 'Murican!". The little shits couldn't handle their liquor and would start fights with Frenchies or start kicking over mailboxes.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
That's all drunk 18 year olds. Not just American.
Nah man, the attitude in Canada/Europe regarding alcohol is a lot different than the states. Sure, teenage drunken buffoonery is universal, but proportionally speaking it's far more prolific in American teens. One of the first things I noticed when I moved to Dallas is how teens and people in their early twenties drink with the purpose of blacking the fuck out-- there's no stop button. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the taboo culture and the heavily enforced drinking age. In Canada you can easily get into bars starting around 16. In Europe you can pretty much buy beer/wine out of vending machines at any age.. So when you have 18 year olds that have little experiencing handling their liquor arriving in a country where they can now legally drink, the obvious happens..

Vinen

God is dead
Yeah I was impressed with both, but the food was better at Secrets. There is a beach Cabana guy there named Oscar (Hope he is still there because we plan on going back). We would slip him a 20 in the morning, and a 20 before we left the beach. The guy can read minds. "I sure could use some.." "HEY! MR UT! I brought you some fish tacos!"... "I am kind of tired of the fruity drinks... I could use a coro..." "HEY MR UT! I bought you a Corona!" The guy was the best.

Cabo was very good too and this was even after the hurricane. (We went in December 2014). The resort itself was fantastic with wait staff, completely adult only, quieter, but still able to drink and mingle with everyone (We met a lot of great people from Canada. In Fact, my wife and I add a few couples to Facebook as friends and we are now planning a Cruise in 2017 with the one of the couples). The food wasn't the best though. All inclusives usually have decent food, and the breakfast and lunches were good, along with the room service and such, but the dinner's were pretty bad. A really plain italian dish one night, and this weird ass roast with gravy for one of the others. The swim up bar is great though. And buckets of beer, etc. The other only downside here is you can't swim the ocean because of the current. You need to go to the Sister resort, but it's a free shuttle ride and only about 4 minutes - if swimming in the ocean is your thing.

If you are looking for any tips let me know. From Cruise lines, Hawaii, Mexico, Bahamas, Virgin islands, etc. I have a lot of experience with some very good places and let you know where not to look as well.
Would hit you up on cruises except my wife hates them more than anything else in existence.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I did a weak at the Grand Palladiam just outside of Playa in Feb. Was great, will echo the comments about cancun being anoying due to party life but Playa was pretty sweet.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
My wife and I have stayed at theBarcel? Maya Palace Deluxea few times. It has a giant pool with swim up bar, an adult's only secluded pool with bar, and a ton of activities for kids (even though our weren't born when we went). Their food is as good as you can expect from an all inclusive and they have 4 restaurants onsite.

The real gem of this hotel is that it is about 15 miles south of Playa and there are 3 hotels on the property. The Palace Deluxe is the highest end property so you have the ability to walk/take a trolley to any of the other hotels to eat, drink, and use their pools and recreational facilities.

I have been to Cancun/Playa 10 times and stayed at 6 different resorts and this one blows all but Dreams Tulum out of the water.

For best pricing use Experian/Travelocity and enjoy!

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
It's not really near any of the action in Cancun if that's important to you, but several years back my wife and I stayed at the Banyan Tree Mayakoba and had a really nice time. It's a great resort and the rooms/food are excellent/good, my .02.

If it were me though and my $$, the best resort in the Caribbean (for me, and I've been to most of the bigger islands/nicer resorts) is Caneel Bay on St John. It's a little overpriced for the rooms you get, but the beaches are excellent, the snorkeling is not quite Thailand/Malaysia/Philippines, but as close as you'll find in the Caribbean, and it's mostly private so all of the beaches are pretty people-free. Plus, the island is much prettier than most of the other big Caribbean islands (St Lucia aside, though St Lucia's beaches pale in comparison to St Johns).

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
/\/\ On my cruise last November my wife and I took a catamaran to snorkle off St. Johns and the beach where Kenny Chesney was married for a day or two to Renee Zeilweger, went snorkling and can attest that the beach was definitely in the top five.

Yeah I guess I should clarify my destinations would be Riviera Maya and Playa. Never stayed directly in Cancun, but a friend of mine did and had a great time (Hes my age) and didn't run into any issues. I am guessing don't go during the spring break time era and there won't be a problem.

Senaiel

Silver Knight of the Realm
Its worth checking out Belize just to the south if you are into any snorkeling. There are a lot of nice Caye hotels for the same price you would pay for a Cancun or Playa all inclusive.

amitom_sl

shitlord
Mexico has beautiful cities but My favorite city is Cancun. Many travelling lovers to go there for visiting its interesting points and enjoying its natural beauty. I want to go there again, Can anyone like to share with us your favorite city of Mexico?

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I just booked 2 weeks all inclusive at Playa Del Carmen, 1st September - 15th, hopefully the rainy season doesn't start too badly.

Anyone got any more tips or things to do?/see

Last edited:

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I just booked 2 weeks all inclusive at Playa Del Carmen, 1st September - 15th, hopefully the rainy season doesn't start too badly.

Anyone got any more tips or things to do?/see

Are you in Playa, North of it(Riviera Cancun) or South of it(Riviera Maya)? I ask because it depends on how long the excursions will take.

I will suggest the Xel-Ha Park because it is amazing and the whole day is worth it just for the cave.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Are you in Playa, North of it(Riviera Cancun) or South of it(Riviera Maya)? I ask because it depends on how long the excursions will take.

I will suggest the Xel-Ha Park because it is amazing and the whole day is worth it just for the cave.

My hotel is on Playa Paraiso, Playa del Carmen 77710, Mexico.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>

You are right in the middle of the resort coast. There is ferry in Playa that takes you to Cancun and there you can rent scooters and ride around the island all day. There are a few distilleries on the island that you can tour and a town center area for food and drinks at the ferry dock.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>

One more small detail that messed with me is that the State you are in is Quintana Roo; so you will see signs and addresses and it is normal. Also abbreviated QRoo.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I was dragged to Cancun a few months ago by a chick I was seeing that desperately wanted to go cause some friends were there. Nothing like sunning on the beach while 4 wheelers drive by every 15 minutes with two military guys toting M-16’s. Whole town felt like it was under Marshall law consid ring just how many cops and military are guarding the roads/locales.