Captain America: Civil War (2016)

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
I hope this movie is good but the previews have left me a little meh, as in I just dont see the appeal of this one. It seems to predictable.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
His attempts to return to the Clerks-a-verse also fell flat, so it isn't surprising he doesn't have much pull for major films anymore. He still has the nerd niche thing going, which can net you a comfortable living.
Yeah he's said that it's easier for him to make money now talking about writing scripts and making movies than it is by actually doing those things. It probably is a lot easier to do while stoned out of your gourd anyway.

Neph_sl

shitlord
I hope this movie is good but the previews have left me a little meh, as in I just dont see the appeal of this one. It seems to predictable.
The 'why are these guys fighting' is predictable bc they've been teasing the friction since Ultron. The actual resolution of the fight is up in the air (for me at least, maybe comic readers already know what's coming). Also, the actual 1v1 duels between the teams and how they play out is still an unknown and what I'm looking forward to the most.

Royal

There is also the storyline of how Black Panther gets drawn into all of it.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
The 'why are these guys fighting' is predictable bc they've been teasing the friction since Ultron. The actual resolution of the fight is up in the air (for me at least, maybe comic readers already know what's coming). Also, the actual 1v1 duels between the teams and how they play out is still an unknown and what I'm looking forward to the most.
As in, who wins while none of the important ones die and eventually BvS lolfight into Thanos?

I dunno maybe Marvel will take a risk but given everyone's talk regarding how the comics go down who knows whether that translates to on screen.

They still get my benefit of the doubt but two teams of unkillable (for plot reasons) characters seems more likely to feel less impactful.

Caliane

comic "civir war" was really pretty stupid. Movie seems to pretty much only have the title in common, and having Cap and iron man be the focus. and.. is Tony really even the focus?

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
comic "civir war" was really pretty stupid. Movie seems to pretty much only have the title in common, and having Cap and iron man be the focus. and.. is Tony really even the focus?
Yeah, everything I've read so far says both sides are very sympathetic and even logical, with some flaws that leave doubts about the foundation of their position. Which is true, is a great set up.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
there's a clip floating around (complete with vision in a cardigan sweater, lol) that shows cap and stark civil, but clearly emotionally explaining their sides. Cap's viewpoint is that whatever agency is in charge of them is going to have their own agenda. what happens when they send them somewhere they don't want to go? or what happens when someone needs them and they don't get the green light because of politics? Stark's viewpoint is basically that sooner or later they're going to lose their own autonomy, at least this way it's done voluntarily and in good faith.

there's a lot that both sides have right. and there's a lot that could theoretically go wrong with both sides. it's nuanced enough that neither of them are the bad guys. Also, there was a lot that went sideways with the comic, but there was some awesome moments as well. I'm really hoping for a similar moment between cap and spidey that the comics had, but i'm also hoping spidey doesn't switch sides, or at least it's done very differently in the movie

Devlin

Golden Squire
The scope of the movie compared to the comic run is miniscule so I don't expect anything close to a big screen adaptation.

I think Chris Evans is better as Cap than RDJ is as Tony Stark. I know he talked a few years back about wanting to do other stuff but I would be gutted if he left the franchise.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I think the passing of the guard with the Marvel Universe is coming after Infinity War. I wouldn't be surprised if the original core group slowly fade away.

Cybsled

The scope of the movie compared to the comic run is miniscule so I don't expect anything close to a big screen adaptation.

I think Chris Evans is better as Cap than RDJ is as Tony Stark. I know he talked a few years back about wanting to do other stuff but I would be gutted if he left the franchise.
I honestly do think a part of them being willing to continue the roles (besides money) is because of the really positive reactions they get outside the films, specifically with being able to cheer up kids with illnesses or disabilities and working with charities in that capacity.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
There was an interview with Chris Evans that explained a bit about why he might have wanted to be done with the role earlier. A lot of it had to do with the multi-picture deals, and his "social anxiety" or whatever he called it. Basically, if he sucked or didn't personally think he did a good job in a one-picture deal, he could just move on. If he sucked as Captain America, too fucking bad, 8 more movies to go! He didn't exactly come out and say it I don't think, but he's pretty much accepted the fact that people love him in the role, and he's comfortable with it now. Sure, he may not want to get into Cap shape for the next 20 years, so he might ease off and just do cameos and such, but I don't think he's demanding to be let out of the role anymore, so if they don't want to pass on the mantle, I'm pretty sure they don't have to.

I think, for the most part, that's pretty much going to be true of almost all the characters. Except for maybe some cunts like Paltrow, I think almost all of them have (or will in the future) come to enjoy being associated with the characters, and the paychecks associated with them of course.

EDIT: That being said, I *do* think that Marvel intends to move onto new characters with Phase 4 and beyond, but I have no doubt that many of them will still pop in from time to time to keep the continuity going, and to lend that extra star power when needed. And of course RDJ will happily guest in just about anything they plaster on the side of the dump truck full of money he gets every month.

Royal

I wish they could have held on to Terrence Howard for War Machine. I've never really bought Don Cheadle in that role.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
There was an interview with Chris Evans that explained a bit about why he might have wanted to be done with the role earlier. A lot of it had to do with the multi-picture deals, and his "social anxiety" or whatever he called it. Basically, if he sucked or didn't personally think he did a good job in a one-picture deal, he could just move on. If he sucked as Captain America, too fucking bad, 8 more movies to go! He didn't exactly come out and say it I don't think, but he's pretty much accepted the fact that people love him in the role, and he's comfortable with it now. Sure, he may not want to get into Cap shape for the next 20 years, so he might ease off and just do cameos and such, but I don't think he's demanding to be let out of the role anymore, so if they don't want to pass on the mantle, I'm pretty sure they don't have to.

I think, for the most part, that's pretty much going to be true of almost all the characters. Except for maybe some cunts like Paltrow, I think almost all of them have (or will in the future) come to enjoy being associated with the characters, and the paychecks associated with them of course.

EDIT: That being said, I *do* think that Marvel intends to move onto new characters with Phase 4 and beyond, but I have no doubt that many of them will still pop in from time to time to keep the continuity going, and to lend that extra star power when needed. And of course RDJ will happily guest in just about anything they plaster on the side of the dump truck full of money he gets every month.

And yeah I think they will do a new round of heroes for phase 4 as well. They're laying the groundwork with Vision, Scarlet witch, Antman, Wasp, War machine(maybe), Black panther, Captain/Ms Marvel, and Hulk may still be around. Captain America, Ironman, Thor have been in 3 of their own films already, black widow has been in quite a few, hawkeye looks to be ready to retire.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I was happy to see Howard go, I've never liked him as an actor. He might be a great guy, but every role he plays I feel an overall sense of dislike for him. Not really sure Cheadle is the best choice, as I pictured somebody a lot more stern and serious, but I like Cheadle.

EDIT: Hah, yeah that's the interview. I didn't remember it being on Kimmel, as I recently clicked through about a dozen or more interviews and teasers for various Marvel movies. I sort of got side-tracked with some Elizabeth Olsen ones for awhile too, if you knowmsayin'.

Devlin

Golden Squire
I was happy to see Howard go, I've never liked him as an actor. He might be a great guy, but every role he plays I feel an overall sense of dislike for him. Not really sure Cheadle is the best choice, as I pictured somebody a lot more stern and serious, but I like Cheadle.
Howard as far as I'm aware is more famous for being a prick in real life so I wouldn't feel too bad about it.

Cheadle is universally liked on the other hand.