Captain America: Civil War (2016)

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Great movie, loved every moment. Ant Man was pretty great, and Spidey definitely stole the show. But holy shit am I ready for Black Panther. That little Wakanda blip at the end was a nice touch, and the super-fluid fighting style complete with his submission lock techniques (albeit not as effective as he would have hoped) was absolutely stellar.

10/10 would bang.

Chillz

Bronze Knight of the Realm
This is my favorite super heroes movie thusfar. I think it's great we get to see the heroes as sometimes troubled individuals. The interaction between them was great and very entertaining. I love that we got a super heroes thriller instead some alien monster earth destroying over the top transformers-like catastrophy movie. Great cast, entertaining dialogue, fantastic fighting scenes, overall great movie.

Zignor 3_sl

shitlord
I finally saw this, and despite a week of listening to others gush about it, it actually lived up to nearly all of the praise. Spider-Man was perfect, and his characterization seemed so effortless that it's a wonder it took them this long to get it right. His performance was precisely the right mix of friendly, humble and awkward while he managed to simultaneously exude intelligence and confidence. Now if they can produce a good standalone movie for him, eventually leading into a Venom story that doesn't completely fucking blow, I'll be happy. That's really what I've been waiting for since they starting pounding out these movies almost two decades ago.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Saw this last night finally. Spiderman was awesome. Movie was awesome.

My only gripe was that it was kind of silly that Tony nerd raged on Bucky despite knowing he was hardcore brainwashed to the extent of outright calling him "The Manchurian Candidate." Who was a Soviet brainwashed assassin. That and the whole Civil War portion should have cooled down after Captain was proven right anyway. But I guess it is... just the Accords are still inbetween them.

Nerd uh, rant if you will? I totally get that something like the Accords would 100% be created if the Avengers were real in any way. But I wondered how well it would work to throw the destruction they caused against them. Like New York, look at all the damage you caused!? Well the alternative was to have the entire world invaded by aliens. Or Hydra kill everyone with the Shield Airships... Or Ultron create an extinction event. People are crazy.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yes, that's the one major superhero movieism from Civil War that you have to suspend your disbelief to get past. I also would have expected someone to toss 'Harlem' right back in his face. Still think it's incredibly weird for a very thoroughly disgraced general to somehow end up as secretary of state a few years later.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I don't find someone losing their shit after seeing the person in front of them killing their parents on video unreasonable. Your applying critical thinking and logic to a situation where your emotions would override you.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Saw it, liked it.

Will say though that I thought Spiderman and Ant Man were BY FAR the most interesting part of the movie. Guess I'm getting a little fatigued with Captain America/Iron Man etc. The mechanism they used to create the "civil war" was corny as fuck. Overall though, the action made up for plot missteps and Spidey was absolutely perfect as others have said.

Second best superhero film this year, after Deadpool obviously.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Also the young Tony Stark was amazing CGI but they still can't quite get the mouth right.

Brad2770

Out of all the questionable things I have seen in the Marvel movies since IM1, I think the thing that bothers me the most is that Tony took a blast from a TANK in the Mark I suit, plummeted to the ground at a pretty accelerated speed and got back up. No problems.

But now, Rhody gets shot, loses power and just falls to the earth and breaks his back. Maybe since the power was out, dampeners were down and that's why he took the full impact of the fall. But what about Capt. America sinking his shield into the chest of whatever Mark this suit is now.

I just wish their power range remained constant. Especially the mechanical/robotic technology.

Zignor 3_sl

shitlord
I don't see a big problem with either of those. Like you said, Rhodes's suit was completely dead. There was nothing to mitigate the impact of the fall other than the physical structure of the suit itself.

And Cap's shield is supposed to be made of the strongest metal on the planet, so his sustained push with the shield using all of the power of his glistening super-muscles to slowly break down Tony's suit wasn't unreasonable.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Out of all the questionable things I have seen in the Marvel movies since IM1, I think the thing that bothers me the most is that Tony took a blast from a TANK in the Mark I suit, plummeted to the ground at a pretty accelerated speed and got back up. No problems.

But now, Rhody gets shot, loses power and just falls to the earth and breaks his back. Maybe since the power was out, dampeners were down and that's why he took the full impact of the fall. But what about Capt. America sinking his shield into the chest of whatever Mark this suit is now.

I just wish their power range remained constant. Especially the mechanical/robotic technology.
That's comics for you. Everyone's power range fluctuates wildly at all times.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I was more nerd-offended by the fact that Sexy Witch dropped a bunch of cars on him and seemed to do some damage ("multiple contusions"). Pretty sure Thor and Hulk hit a lot harder than any of those cars did. Free-falling out of the sky with no power I can actually believe him getting hurt though. Even if the suit cushions you, it isn't going to protect you from your leg going up behind your head, etc.

Neph_sl

shitlord
Rhodey was so dead, anyways. I did the egg drop back in elementary school - you can't just wrap a squishy object in no more than an inch of material and expect to not have scrambled eggs after a fall like that.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Someone should've died. Idk who, but someone or someonesssss should've died.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Rhodey was so dead, anyways. I did the egg drop back in elementary school - you can't just wrap a squishy object in no more than an inch of material and expect to not have scrambled eggs after a fall like that.
Random anecdote: I never did those projects on time, so the morning we were supposed to have whatever the fuck we were supposed to build to protect the egg for the drop, I hadn't even started yet. So I took a roll of saran wrap to school, wrapped the egg in a bunch of saran wrap, stuck it in my backpack, and dropped that. Got an A!

Neph_sl

shitlord
Random anecdote: I never did those projects on time, so the morning we were supposed to have whatever the fuck we were supposed to build to protect the egg for the drop, I hadn't even started yet. So I took a roll of saran wrap to school, wrapped the egg in a bunch of saran wrap, stuck it in my backpack, and dropped that. Got an A!
Okay fine... maybe if he was Plastic Man or Plastic Machine, he'd be alive. Try wrapping that egg in tin foil and get back to us.

Stupid lazy 10 yr old Gavin proving me wrong...

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yes, that's the one major superhero movieism from Civil War that you have to suspend your disbelief to get past. I also would have expected someone to toss 'Harlem' right back in his face. Still think it's incredibly weird for a very thoroughly disgraced general to somehow end up as secretary of state a few years later.
Whats the story on Ross? I assumed this guy is Hulk chaser General Ross but with a different origin. The comic book Ross I remember would have be the unwavering counter point to Caps libertarian position. Tony may believe what he is doing is right but when push comes to shove he will bend and break the rules to do what he thinks id right. Hulk chaser Ross would never compromise like that he is a do the right thing the right way type of person.

Column_sl

shitlord
Well yeah they have changed his character quite abit.

The comic book Ross is pretty much a caricature of the angry military guy..

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This is still the Ross that created abomination and was the reason the city got fucked up until Norton/Banner saved it