Captain America: Civil War (2016)

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I think with Blackyce chiming in, that pretty much locks in the decision that this is a fantastic portrayal of Spiderman?

ShakyJake

<Donor>
New Peter Parker confirmed awesome.
I'm late to the party, but just wanted to say I thoroughly enjoyed Civil War. Fun, fun, movie. Fantastic action. Loved it.

However, Spider-Man is the only bit I didn't exactly care for. I think the kid did a great job, don't get me wrong, but I wish they could've cast someone slightly older. Algebra? Peter Parker is very intelligent so this version must be in, what? middle school? Hot Aunt May? Eh, whatever. I wish they would've went with Spider-Man being already an established hero in the world and Tony just simply recruited him for help.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
There's a cam rip on various torrent sites that rivals even the best HD rips.

Anyway, am I the only one who thinks Tom Holland's depiction of Peter Parker is terrible? I didn't know he was English before watching this movie, but I thought to myself, "This guy sounds exactly like a 21-year-old English dude trying to sound like a 14-year-old American." Yep.
Of course you did not like it, you are the ultimate hipster contrarian.
If you and i ever like anything that is the same, i assume i fucked up some how.

Astro, Supertouch, Etchazz and Blackyce, the four hoursmen of horrible opinions.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'm late to the party, but just wanted to say I thoroughly enjoyed Civil War. Fun, fun, movie. Fantastic action. Loved it.

However, Spider-Man is the only bit I didn't exactly care for. I think the kid did a great job, don't get me wrong, but I wish they could've cast someone slightly older. Algebra? Peter Parker is very intelligent so this version must be in, what? middle school? Hot Aunt May? Eh, whatever. I wish they would've went with Spider-Man being already an established hero in the world and Tony just simply recruited him for help.
He's the perfect age and the perfect amateur level, otherwise ppl would have said... "well where was spider-man when the chitari were fucking up ny?" He just found his powers and is a socially awkward kid who will follow one of his idols Tony Stark around like a silly puppy. Otherwise a grown Peter Parker would be the dumbest fuck in the world for following Iron Man, and revealing his identity and stashing his most important loved ones inside the Stark tower of doom.

At least if he's a young, impressionable kid, we'd believe he'd follow Tony around, cuz he wouldn't know any better.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
Of course you did not like it, you are the ultimate hipster contrarian.
If you and i ever like anything that is the same, i assume i fucked up some how.

Astro, Supertouch, Etchazz and Blackyce, the four hoursmen of horrible opinions.

Being a contrarian isn't a bad thing, you fucking imbecile.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Finally got to see this, and damn this was a good movie. They're juggling a dozen fucking superheroes at this point, and still managed to give everyone their time to shine. New Spider Man was the perfect mix of nerdy and quippy (Garfield never really pulled off "nerd", and Toby couldn't quip his way out of a paper bag). I hadn't realized from the commercials that Government Man was Gen. Ross, and I thought that was a nice callback to the Hulk movie, even though Banner wasn't in this one. And they really did a great job presenting both sides of the conflict, to the point where I'm not sure which side I would fall on (especially impressive when, from what I understand of it, the comic book Civil War ends with Tony basically hovering just above Darth Vader on the morality scale).

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Loved the movie, hated Stark with a passion when he just sat there as the team was in the Raft. End of the movie should have been Cap standing in front of a last cell with Stark in it and not letting his ass out. (Since you know he went off reservation and went to Siberia unauthorized and tried to do shit.)

Fuck Starks guilt.

Aydenn

Lord Nagafen Raider
Saw it over the weekend. Pretty damn fun movie over all. I didn't really care for Tony's motivations to sign the accords, but whatever. Spidey was the best part of the movie for me. I keep hearing about how Antman stole the show, I don't really get the love for his character... Granted I haven't seen his stand alone movie

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So is scarlet supposed to be high school aged? And Im getting real sick and tired of this trend of not showing people being killed or punching/throwing/hitting them with things hard enough to kill them and dismember them but not actually doing it.

Was surprised by spiderman, thought he was going to be terribad and was actually good.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So is scarlet supposed to be high school aged? And Im getting real sick and tired of this trend of not showing people being killed or punching/throwing/hitting them with things hard enough to kill them and dismember them but not actually doing it.

Was surprised by spiderman, thought he was going to be terribad and was actually good.
Didn't falcon and widow straight up shoot bad guys dead?

Xevy

Log Wizard
Falcon straight rockets people at the beginning. Widow doesn't shoot anyone I remember... in this movie at least.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah because a disney movie is definitely going to show people getting punched into red mist and blown up.