Captain America: Winter Soldier

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Cool, I didn't know her backstory. I actually like her character a lot more now that I know she's a super hero in the same league as Captain America. I just had her tech-expert + spy + tits + female-empowerment role that's necessary in an Avengers and Captain America movie.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
She's the only one of the avengers who could sneak up on Loki and get complimented for it. Russian ninja magic.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Finally got around to seeing this. Did the board notice the eater egg on Fury's tombstone?

Captain-America-The-Winter-Soldier-Nick-Fury-Tombstone.jpg

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Anthony Stark was one of the names on the targeting computer. He was right fucking there in DC! Suit up, bro.

Oh, never mind, the Falcon will just rip off all of your action scenes.

Fuck this movie was fun. Huge ugprade over the first movie with its terrible green screen and GI Joe villains.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Cool, I didn't know her backstory. I actually like her character a lot more now that I know she's a super hero in the same league as Captain America. I just had her tech-expert + spy + tits + female-empowerment role that's necessary in an Avengers and Captain America movie.
That backstory is stupid and dates back about 10 years. She spent a very long time being just a badass spy who hung with super heroes.

Caliane

I wouldn't call it stupid as its an excuse for her to have not aged.
Being a cold war spy from the 50-90s is core to her character. shes not like Iron man, where you can just move which war he got injured in. there is no analog to the Cold war. So shes like Magneto or Cap, where her base origin HAS to stay the end of WW2, as a Soviet spy.
But then, as time moves on, you need an excuse why shes not 90 years old, just like caps "frozen in ice" was retconned. Or magneto's own, if insanely convoluted excuses.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
yea remember black widow was pretty much just your avg "ethnic" villian of the month for iron man to fight, ironman fought all the non americans
mandarin (vietnam war)
crimson dynamo/black widow (cold war)
pretty sure they rewrote him to fight some gulf war guys during the bush years
current MCU movies have him taken hostage by arabs

but then, having watched "the americans" fx show, the felicity chick is a way better kgb spy.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I wouldn't call it stupid as its an excuse for her to have not aged.
Being a cold war spy from the 50-90s is core to her character. shes not like Iron man, where you can just move which war he got injured in. there is no analog to the Cold war. So shes like Magneto or Cap, where her base origin HAS to stay the end of WW2, as a Soviet spy.
But then, as time moves on, you need an excuse why shes not 90 years old, just like caps "frozen in ice" was retconned. Or magneto's own, if insanely convoluted excuses.
Not really, Marvel always just glosses over time disparity which in my mind is much better than the way DC does it with reboots and retcons every crisis every 10 years.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I just listened to Kevin Smith's one podcast, Fat Man on Batman. He did a special edition one called Fat Man on Capt Man with Marvel's Joe Quesada talking all about the Marvel Universe and more importantly, this movie. It was a pretty good listen. Gives you an idea of some of the future goals of Marvel in these movies.

Check it out. Please note that it isn't worth listening to the podcast unless you've seen the movie. It will spoil pretty much everything for you.

Jarnin_sl

shitlord
I just listened to Kevin Smith's one podcast, Fat Man on Batman.
I listened to this a couple of weeks ago. Then I scrolled down to the comments to see what his listeners thought. Man, what a bunch of fuckers. They were pissed that he was talking about a Marvel character. Apparently "Fatman on Batman" is supposed to only cover DC books?

It was a good interview. Kevin Smith sounded stoned as fuck.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Haven't really liked the marvel movies much, but this one was pretty good. Don't regret the ticket price.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Just so everyone is aware, the DVD & blu-ray are finally available for pre-order on amazon. They come out on the 9th.

spronk

FPS noob
if you buy at best buy they have a steelbook version that includes bluray, 3D version, and digital download version for $24.99. i think target may also have it not sure

Djay

Trakanon Raider
That's the version I got off Amazon that should be delivered today.
Edit: I guess I don't know if it's steelbook, but it has those versions and was around that price.

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
Does anyone actually buy a compilation with 3D in it? I save my money and just go Blu-Ray.