Captain America: Winter Soldier

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Like in the Avengers before she beats those dudes up with the chair?
Yeah, jsut like that scene that I have no memory of in any way, hahaha.

edit: Nevermind I remember now. Man that scene was shitty and stupid.

Arakkis

N00b
I think you need to go rewatch it. That scene is awesome. Scarlett Johansson is in a short skirt and tied to a chair all submissive like getting beat on. Then she is wrapping her legs around something. I don't remember much else, but it is a great scene!

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah, jsut like that scene that I have no memory of in any way, hahaha.

edit: Nevermind I remember now. Man that scene was shitty and stupid.
Submissive scarlett johansson != shitty bro.

There is only one black widow complaint and its the fact that there wasn't enough delicious scarjo booty shots. Bitches!

Caliane

Finally got around to seeing this today, and loved it. I thought it was easily the best of the Marvel movies so far.

Have they ever said that Black Widow didn't receive the Russian version of the super-soldier serum like she did in the comics? I always assumed that she did, based the things they show her able to do in the movies. The Russian serum was weaker than what Cap got, but still puts her well into the 'superhuman' realm.
Just got around to watching this last night.

And yeah, no they haven't hinted at it at all.
If anything, the opposite.

Zola reads cap's file, and hers.
Says she was born in 1984.

Its possible they are saving her backstory, false memories, the Red Room, etc for a black Widow movie?
Comics she was born in 1928. and not effected by sliding scale. shes 86.
Which is really weird, given that whole discussions with Cap about him being out of time, and not having someone that can relate..

And yeah, shes superhuman pretty much all around. str, agility, intelligance, etc. Below cap in strength. but still, well above human limits.

There were ALOT of places in this movie where they could have dropped hints, but didn't.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
And yeah, shes superhuman pretty much all around. str, agility, intelligance, etc. Below cap in strength. but still, well above human limits.
I don't know shit about the comics, but what evidence do you have that she's super human?

Caliane

saying, not in the movie. If anything movies suggest shes had nothing.

In the comics, her backstory is her being taken as a child, brainwashed, experimented, on, trained as a supersoldier/sleeper agent by the KGB.
She was given drugs, nanites, and all sorts of other shit.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Being called Black Widow, surviving multiple encounters with the Winter Soldier, kicking ass, taking names, chewing bubble gum, hacking computers, tossing out witty banter, being an Avenger and doing while hot? Extraordinarily Gifted? Sure. Super Human? Prove it.

confused.png

Column_sl

shitlord
Being called Black Widow, surviving multiple encounters with the Winter Soldier, kicking ass, taking names, chewing bubble gum, hacking computers, tossing out witty banter, being an Avenger and doing while hot? Extraordinarily Gifted? Sure. Super Human? Prove it.

confused.png
It's Marvel cannon, Just because they don't want to reveal her back story yet doesn't mean it doesn't exist...

Natasha has received the Red Room's variant of the Super-Soldier Serum. As a result, her physical and mental abilities had been enhanced slightly beyond human limits.[48]
The Black Widow has been enhanced by biotechnology that makes her body resistant to aging and disease and heals at an above human rate;[49] as well as psychological conditioning that suppresses her memory of true events as opposed to implanted ones of the past without the aid of specially designed system suppressant drugs.[volume & issue needed]
The Soviet experimentation has rendered her body infertile.[volume & issue needed]
Due to the Super-Soldier Serum, the white blood cells in her body are efficient enough to fight off any microbe, foreign body and others from her body, keeping her healthy and immune to most, if not all infections, diseases and disorders. Also, it takes quite a bit for Natasha to become intoxicated.[volume & issue needed]
Her agility is greater than that of an Olympic gold medalist. She can coordinate her body with balance, flexibility, and dexterity easily.[50]
Her bodily tissues have been augmented to superhuman development. She possesses exceptional durability, strength, endurance, and stamina.[47]
Natasha's reaction time is similarly enhanced and functions with the peak of human efficiency and capability, bordering on a superhuman level. It is possible for Natasha to dodge a bullet even at point blank range.[47]
Natasha has a gifted intellect.[51] She displays an uncanny affinity for psychological manipulation and can mask her real emotions perfectly. Like Steve Rogers, she possesses the ability to quickly process multiple information streams (e.g., threat assessment) and rapidly respond to changing tactical situations.[51]
Natasha is an expert tactician. She is a very effective strategist, tactician, and field commander. She has led the Avengers and even S.H.I.E.L.D. on one occasion.[51]
Within 2010's Black Widow: Deadly Origin miniseries, another level to the Biotechnology is that Natasha has been subjected to wear "nanites", designed to be passed from her body with even the slightest touch.[volume & issue needed] These nanites were a part of something called the "Icepick Protocol" and when activated could incite someone to homicidal rage. A counter form of these were also introduced to her body so as she could neutralize the activated nanites in another.[volume & issue needed]

Column_sl

shitlord
Also just watching the Avengers clips she exhibits attributes of the wiki quote. In the below clip alone she takes a full on hit by the Hulk, and doesn't fucking die lol..
Not to mention all that crazy shit she was doing at the end of the Avengers.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Oh I know, I was more poking fun at Tuco's comment than anything, probably should have quoted what I was replying to.

Caliane

Also just watching the Avengers clips she exhibits attributes of the wiki quote. In the below clip alone she takes a full on hit by the Hulk, and doesn't fucking die lol..
Not to mention all that crazy shit she was doing at the end of the Avengers.
yeah, but thats just movie logic.
I mean, she got shot by Winter soldier and was fighting in the board room like a ninja 3 hours later or whatever, after just being looked at by a doc. Reality would say, superhuman. Movie says, that normal.

1984 is Scarletts birth year, so very likely where that came from. Maybe it was intended as a hint. It probably should have stood out to most anyone, a cold war spy having been born in 1984 doesn't make any sense.
She was "shot in the waist" by Winter soldier in the 90s... so 6-16? uh.. she was a child soldier, and even referred to it in the movies.
"Left the KGB to join shield"... the KGB disbanded in 1991.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I really wouldn't mind a Black Widow standalone movie. I think they've done a great job with her thus far, and Scarlet Johansson is just fine in the role. It would be neat to go into her back story, and if they play up the spy-action angle I could see it being like a super hero version of Mission Impossible.

Lusiphur

Peasant
Her origin is pretty well mapped out by Richard Morgan when he did the character. From Wikipedia ...

"Romanova next starred in another solo miniseries titled Black Widow: Homecoming (Nov. 2004 - April 2005), also under the Marvel Knights imprint and written by science fiction novelist Richard K. Morgan, with art initially by Bill Sienkiewicz and later by Sienkiewicz over Goran Parlov layouts. A six-issue sequel, Black Widow: The Things They Say About Her (Nov. 2005-April 2006; officially Black Widow 2: The Things They Say About Her in the series' postal indicia), by writer Morgan, penciller Sean Phillips, and inker Sienkiewicz, picks up immediately where the previous miniseries left off, continuing the story using many of the same characters"

Black Widow (Natalia Romanova) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
And yeah, no they haven't hinted at it at all.
If anything, the opposite.
They have, actually. I forgot about this before, but the scene in Avengers after she knocks Hawkeye out and they're talking in his room confirms that the KGB did all the psychological stuff from the comics like implanting her with fake memories, etc. so if that part is in the movies then it would make sense that everything else is too.