Captain America: Winter Soldier

Xalara

Golden Squire
If you really must rationalize why Stark wasn't involved: the time frame of the "public battle" was pretty short for him to fly all the way out from the west coast. Before that Captain America didn't know if he could trust him and the most Stark would know from the news is that Captain America is a fugitive. Also, Robert Downey Jr. is a bit expensive to hire :p

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I am the only one who thought it was a pretty boring movie? I am by no means a comic book fan, but I have found most films in the Marvel series watchable without being amazing. But this one I just found the story so boring and dull and not enough action scenes. I took my youngest and his is a massive superhero fan he loves all the movies, I could tell he was bored as well but he said he liked it.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Not because it's a comic book movie because they all have their own comic and now have their own movies. Hell why have a Batman comic book/movie if all you need is Superman to come in and do the job, why the fuck have any other DC comic book/movie because Superman.

Seriously Tuco, that was like the lamest post ever.
Did you just verbosely and awkwardly repeat my argument then get mad at me?

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
Did you just verbosely and awkwardly repeat my argument then get mad at me?
You don't have Thor crashing the Helicarriers because it's a comic book movie. He's not in the Cap movie because IT'S A CAP MOVIE.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thought it was a solid 7/10. Fun movie, great action sequences.

Cap is a great character, but Black Widow and Falcon (being merely exceptional humans) just don't have the same appeal as the true super hero's. Also, maybe you have to be a comic book reader to jizz your pants over characters like The Winter Soldier. He was cool, but "lol" at people saying he's the best villain since Ledger's Joker.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I thought he was cool just because his fight scenes were well choreographed and knife fighting is fun in movies. Everything else about his character from who he was, to him being a nazi torture soldier to his goofy arm were pretty meh.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
You don't have Thor crashing the Helicarriers because it's a comic book movie. He's not in the Cap movie because IT'S A CAP MOVIE.
Oh yeah well Chris Hemsworth should be thor in every movie he's in and Thor should be in every Marvel movie (especially spiderman).

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Finally got around to seeing this today, and loved it. I thought it was easily the best of the Marvel movies so far.

Cap is a great character, but Black Widow and Falcon (being merely exceptional humans)
Have they ever said that Black Widow didn't receive the Russian version of the super-soldier serum like she did in the comics? I always assumed that she did, based the things they show her able to do in the movies. The Russian serum was weaker than what Cap got, but still puts her well into the 'superhuman' realm.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Her ass in that skin-tight suit puts her well into the superhuman realm too, amirite?

Seriously though, they have never said one way or another to my knowledge. With the release of all the sensitive data surrounding her background now to the public, if she was I'd hope they mention it at some point in Avengers 2 or Cap 3 because everyone would know. I'm kind of on the fence on this one, because I don't know that I've actually seen her do anything too out of the realm of a highly trained "comic book" human. Doesn't mean she hasn't been exposed, but I just can't really think of anything too outrageous. My memory is pretty shitty though, to be truthful.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Have they ever even mentioned in the movies that she's Russian? (other than her name) Her not having a trace of russian accent is the only issue I have with the character. Not a big deal at all, just a bit of a disconnect.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Pretty sure she says that she went from working for the KGB to Shield only to end up working for Hydra (one evil organization traded for another).

Raes

Vyemm Raider
That wasn't what I asked, and it was pretty much a rhetorical question anyway. Just would fit the character better if once or twice she slipped into a Russian accent.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Doesn't the German-Computer-Guy mention where and when she was born? I might be remembering incorrectly.

Anyway, I'm glad they don't try to give her a Russian accent, because it would sound fucking stupid. Not to mention that if she's a super-duper-super spy she most likely wouldn't have an accent anyway. Have you never met people who could speak two languages without an accent in either?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It'd be cooler if she had a scene where she spoke fluent and casual russian, rather than getting hit in the head and saying something with a heavy russian accent like "right in the borscht!"

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Unfortunately her Russian sounds like absolute shit and is far from "fluent and casual." The'd have to do like on The Americans and dub her voice. Again, I like that they just ignore it because it really doesn't make any difference for the character and, since she's a super spy, you should expect her to speak perfect English.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Yeah, justsomething. She comes off as so American, it just doesn't fit the character, super-spy or not. Just because she can speak without an accent doesn't mean that's how she would speak 100% of the time.

Column_sl

shitlord
I agree with the widow complaints. Seems like she should break into her natural accent every once in awhile under severe stress.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
It'd be cooler if she had a scene where she spoke fluent and casual russian, rather than getting hit in the head and saying something with a heavy russian accent like "right in the borscht!"
Like in the Avengers before she beats those dudes up with the chair?

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
She speaks Russian for almost an entire scene in Avengers. I think they are keeping her back story hush in case they do a Widow stand alone movie.