Captain America: Winter Soldier

fris

Vyemm Raider
Liked it, but feel a little underwhelmed for some reason. Especially by the mid and post-credits scenes.
this is why i should have read the thread beofre seeing the movie. there was 2 scenes? i just saw the 1 w/ the 2 people in cells. what was in the 2nd scene?

Greyskye_sl

shitlord
As a 30+ year Cap. fan I thought it was a good action/thriller. Bit darker than I expected and of course with these movies you can always pick holes in them (Avengers all the bad guys dying instantly). Liked seeing Robert Redford in this.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I didn't realize that was supposed to be Crossbones, did he ever put a mask on?

Column_sl

shitlord
No, because why would he need a mask?

He gets his face fucked up at the end. It's almost like a Crossbones origins movie.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Fantastic movie. Not going to go into the plot much because that has been talked about already, but I liked it and enjoyed it. I also really liked Falcon, which is saying something because I always thought he was a terrible character in the comics. But aside from that, in particular I loved how fast and brutal Cap was when fighting people. They went flying like they should when someone with his strength hits them, they slammed into shit so hard you winced, and overall he just moved like I expected him to. It was a perfect depiction of his abilities, I felt. And as Column said, they've done a fantastic job of showing how powerful his personality is too.

Solid 9/10 movie for me, I think.
Wife and I just got back and both loved it. Some of those long shots of Cap running and just beating the shit out of people were awesome. Totally on board with the way they choreograph his action and use of the shield. My only complaint would be that some of the action bordered a little on the shaky side and in IMAX 3D it was a little uncomfortable.

Nothing really to spoil and no complaints. Just remain excited still about the Marvel Universe stuff and the next few years of movies. Oh! One complaint, no new Guardians trailer, was the same one already released
frown.png

Xevy

Log Wizard
Pretty solid movie. Cap's fighting was 100x better than the first movie. Also pretty sure he killed people which is awesome.

Friend noticed that on Nick Fury's Gravestone the bible verse is the one he quotes in Pulp Fiction. Badass.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah that was great, 'path of the righteous man...'

Also loved the Stephen Strange mention.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I missed the quick shot of Avenger's Tower (formerly Stark Tower).

Column_sl

shitlord
The movie is killing right now. It was at a 100 million Thursday night, doing 10.2 million in the states.

also

Ed Brubaker
The writer responsible for bringing Bucky Barnes back to life as the Winter Soldier makes a cameo as one of the scientists attending to the brainwashed assassin.

rrr_img_64081.jpg

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
Saw it and loved it. Great action scenes which had a more brutal punch that previous ones.

One nitpick: Why don't the bad guys shoot at Cap's knees? There were several scenes where they shot at his shield when his lower legs were fully exposed. I guess that would end the movie pretty quick.

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
The times they did shoot as his lower body he dropped to the ground and ducked fully behind the shield. One of Cap's abilities is to anticipate those shots and react accordingly. But yea it's like Stormtroopers syndrome. They either miss or hit the shield. hehe

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Loved it, though the 3D was pretty meh. The Spiderman trailer 3D was awesome though. Why do people still not know to leave when the credits roll? Half the people left right away and missed the extra scene.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Half the people in our showing were all, 'omg no wai' when Winter Soldier lost his mask and they realized who it was. You could honestly hear them explaining that shit to their partners.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
It was obvious who he was the moment they showed the real guy early on. That aside the movie was fantastic and the best super hero movie done by Marvel thus far imo.